India's Dancing Superstar

You can either dance, or dance like Govinda: Ravi

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
READ MORE Sargun Mehta|Ritesh Deshmukh|Ravi Dubey|Nach Baliye|India's Dancing Superstars
You can either dance, or dance like Govinda: Ravi
Ravi Dubey
Been in the industry for eight years, Ravi Dubey has now forayed into reality shows as a host with 'India's Dancing Superstars'. Appreciated for his role in the telly soap 'Saas Bina Sasural', Ravi proposed the Chandigarh based TV actress Sargun Mehta who was his partner in the reality dance show 'Nach Baliye'. In city recently, we caught up with Ravi where he spoke of many things besides his current assignment. Excerpts.

How is the experience of acting real by hosting a reality show?
Working as a fictional actor is completely different than working for a reality show. Since there is no script you have to be spontaneous and be the epicenter of a connection between the entertainment and the viewers.

Considering you have participated in a dance reality show yourself, who do you think is the best Bollywood dancer?
Definitely Govinda. You can either dance or you can dance like Govinda. I really enjoy looking at him when he moves in his boogey zone.

In your opinion, do reality show judges also have the onus of engaging the audiences? If yes, who do you think is the most entertaining judge among all shows? For me, Ritesh Deshmukh radiates the best quality of humour and entertainment.

Your fiancee Sargun hails from Chandigarh. Do you have any interest in working in Punjabi cinema?
Yes, I am very interested in doing Punjabi cinema as it is one industry on the boom. Just a little polish and training in Punjabi and I might be ready to be featured in a Punjabi film soon! Chandigarh is an amazing city, it's clean, green and gives the perfect Punjabi vibe. People here are amazing. Life is much simpler and stress free here compared to other cities.

You follow Buddhism. Has it been an aid in your work and performances?
Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy. It gives stability in handling stress which is ever present in my field. Regular Buddhist chants have an ability to convert even poison into an antidote.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to mostly Bollywood music as it absorbs a lot of other genres of music ranging from rock to Sufi.