Rules & Announcements

ATTN: Rules for Cyber Bullying, Privacy, and WL - Page 3

pontiacbandit thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: LoveRosh

Thank you Vijay for finally addressing the issues. A well written and well explained post that covers the major issues.

A personal Thank You from my end for covering the cyber bullying in depth, as well as DT being targeted.

I would like to higlight also what Vijay you said and that Id like members to remember from a personal end.

Members need to remember that DT are not cyber police. We just do the job entrusted upon us. We are members just like everyone else with our own opinions, likes and dislikes. I just hope going forward we all learn to respect one another.

Hopefully going forward, I-F will see better days.

-Rosh-

Yes! We all know how hard you guys work to maintain a forum. 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
Thank you Vijay for this much needed post.  👍🏼
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Finally! This really needed to be addressed. So, thank you for doing so as immediately as you could. 

Now, coming to an issue that I hope your team has started working on (atleast from now on): The abusive hate PMs from newbies who only make IDs to abuse members they don't like or agree with. This problem has persisted in the Bollywood forum for years now and we have seen no solution thus far. Maybe if you could restrict PM service of newbies until they make a certain number of posts. Or, maybe there could be better IP detecting measures you could implement that would restrict proxy server users from accessing I-F, cuz it seems like most newbie abusers use proxies and fake IPs to make new IDs again and again to send nasty PMs. 

This content was originally posted by: vijay

Also, there has been a lot of false rumors being spread  that Senior DT members as well as Admin have the ability to access members' private messages. I would like to stress that NO MEMBER OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM INCLUDING THE ADMIN GROUP are able to access members' inbox or read private messages. Member privacy is of the utmost importance and will never compromised under any circumstance. The private messages sent by a member are only accessible by the sender and the recipient, and NO ONE ELSE unless its reported by the recipient.

I'm happy to know this isn't true. I wonder why some members claimed otherwise. 

Edited by khoslakadhokla - 10 years ago
Cup-Of-Chai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: -Yaariyan-

<font color="#0066FF">How all the DT'S vacations ended on the same post??? 🤔</font>

🤣
Finally the efforts paid off. All good now. Let bygones be bygone Vijay. 

We would like to apologize for being a bit harsh earlier. 

Thank you. 

Now you can ban this ID if you still want to omni to award a virtual death. 😆

But seriously man, Thank you 👍🏼

Hum hoongay kaaamiyaab.. Eik Din 😛😎
Edited by OmnipotenceZaxo - 10 years ago
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
A big thank you for addressing these issues, Vijay! Especially the Cyber Bullying issue, attention towards that was much needed 👍🏼.. there should be a zero tolerance to CB, it's a really serious issue and members must understand that! This is a huge step towards improvement of the site and a more healthier and happier forum environment. Look forward to more better and helpful changes as such in the future too:)
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: OmnipotenceZaxo

Finally the efforts paid off. All good now. Let bygones be bygone Vijay. 

We would like to apologize for being a bit harsh earlier. 

Thank you. 

Now you can ban this ID if you still want to omni to award a virtual death. 😆

But seriously man, Thank you 👍🏼

Tell me something, why did you claim you claimed your PMs were read by Vijay? 😕
ApoorvaFan thumbnail
Thank you Vijay. This is a right gesture from you towards a healthy forum.

krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you very very much for this much needed post Vijay. It was high time that Cyber Bullying was addressed, as this is quite a large issue at hand where almost everyone on this forum has been virtually abused at least once.

Here's hoping that the forum is now a better place to be.

A side remark/addendum:

Can we coolbies please have some help? We have a lot of topics needed to be stickied/unstickied etc and since the mods are on a leave, we really need someone to help us do all that. A sincere request to the GMs/admins who're active to help us out on that front. There's only so much we can do as Coolbies, given that we only have rights to sticky and unsticky our own WUs for the forums that we've been given rights for.
Okay so you broke your long silence finally. thank you for the much needed rules. i am sorry if i and my friends were harsh on you. but since the new rules are out all is well. :)