Help: How to keep fruits and Veg frsh w/o Fridge

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi,

I need some tips for the same..i live in hostel and not able to go to market daily for buying fruits or veg for salad..
but in hostel i don't have fridge..neither i can..
i did Google for it but didn't get proper solution.
it's summer now..in winters fruits keep fresh for 2-3 days w/o refrigerator but now they r safe for only 1 day only..
plz suggest me something so that i can keep the, fresh for 4-5 days..

fruits: Melon, Peach, Banana, Mango, Apple, Papaya.

thank you.
Well i think i knw how to keep them fresh without Firdge :P
keep it in a Pot and tie a WET cotton cloth to it :-) i dont knw if it really works or not :-/ dont throw chapplas at me if it didn't lol
lol..no i won't.. =]
n thanks..i'll try wet cloth funda..
I tried to put up a few links but I kept getting "invalid word" message. However search on internet for "living without fridge". There are some great suggestions. One is buying fruit which are not ripened. That way the will last longer. Actually while searching I learnt a few things on my own so thank you.

@bravearvians. You're actually not that far off with your tips. The idea sounds very close to something called a "Zeer Pot". But these pots don't work in humid climate only in dry.
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

I tried to put up a few links but I kept getting "invalid word" message. However search on internet for "living without fridge". There are some great suggestions. One is buying fruit which are not ripened. That way the will last longer. Actually while searching I learnt a few things on my own so thank you.

@bravearvians. You're actually not that far off with your tips. The idea sounds very close to something called a "Zeer Pot". But these pots don't work in humid climate only in dry.
ohh idk that :/ and thank you :)