sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Simple Kapadia
Dimple Kapadia's younger sister, Simple, is critically ill. For the past two weeks, the former actress-turned-costume designer has been under treatment at the Breach Candy hospital. It is believed that she is suffering from cancer, but the family is tightlipped.

When contacted, Dimple sounded extremely disturbed and refused to speak about it. A source tells us, "The family has been under terrible stress because of Simple's illness. Last month, they even performed some havans to pray for her recovery."

Illness unknown

The Breach Candy hospital confirmed that Simple had been admitted there, but refused to provide any more information.

"She was admitted on July 17. But we are not allowed to give away the details of any patient. You can speak to our medical director. Since today is Sunday, he will speak to you only tomorrow," said an attendant.

Several members of the film fraternity have called on the family at the hospital. A reputed filmmaker tells us, "I visited Simple a few days ago, but could not meet her.

She was in the ICU. I met her family and even her in-laws, who were present at the hospital, but I was not told what Simple was suffering from. I am very concerned about her welfare. She is just 46 years old and has a son who is 12. All those who know her know that she is one of the nicest people. I pray that she gets well."

Designer dreams

Simple Kapadia was 18 when she started her film career with Anurodh in 1977, opposite brother-in-law Rajesh Khanna. The film did not do well. However, she continued to act in a few films, but critics did not spare any opportunity to run her down with very caustic comments.

Finally, she quit acting in 1986 after Pyar Ke Do Pal. A couple of years later, she worked as a costume designer and won a National Award in 1994 for the film Rudaali. She has designed a lot of costumes for Tabu, in particular.

Simple's professional journey

As An Actor
Pyar Ke Do Pal
Hum Rahe Na Hum
Tumhare Bina
Jeevan Dhara
Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai
Dulha Bikta Hai 
Naseeb 
Shaaka
Lootmaar
Man Pasand
Ahsaas Chakravyuh
Anurodh

As a Costume Designer
Bhaggmati — The Queen Of Fortunes
23rd March 1931 Shaheed
Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai
Chachi 420
Jaan
Barsaat
Darr
Aaj Ki Aurat
Rudaali 
Lekin 
Drishti
Shehzaade
Insaaf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CanadianAngel94 thumbnail
tfs
hope she gets well soon 😭
baby_gurl101 thumbnail
Thankz for the info!! I hope she gets well soon!!
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
tfs!!...Hope she gets well sooon! 😭
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thnks ..hope n pray for her recovery asap
Kimzzz thumbnail
hope she gets well soon 😭 😭