Reminder: Promo, SBB, SBS, E24 Videos - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
I agree that this rule has been around bit it really isn't as strict on other forum sections even though it has been there. No/ barely any forums I can remember are strict about members posting news videos/promos. Nearly any other forum you go on they won't ban them being posted. 

Agree with crazy4KASH_AR furthermore.. Isonyfan may have problems .. the video may have glitches e.g. sound etc also sonyfan tends to post it the next day .. not blaming her just saying. She has many other forums to update and usually it puts a toll on her. She may not be able to post it on downloadable sites for people that were otherwise posted.. I personally remember struggling to download her videos and the sites crashing and giving other problems. 

Sometimes it's not possible to cover rival site marks cause they put it on top of their faces/ in the middle of the screen.  

I do feel it is unnecessary, if sonyfan posts the videos they can be pinned/stickied so more people see them but if die hard fans are wanting to see videos what is the problem in posting the videos for others to see.. 

Comparision can't be so easily made with coolbies and videobies but throughout forums people open topics to give spoilers about the day's episode anyway before coolbie updates.

Hope this can be re-considered. One of the main reasons people visit this section is to get such video updates from the members as soon as they come out. 

Edited by -Priya- - 10 years ago
I've been an active member on IF since long and a die hard KSG fan but even then I've restricted myself from posting in this forum, one of the reasons being that I feel that some of the rules applied to this forum are stricter than in any other forum and quite cumbersome and unfair.
I am sorry but I don't remember this rule being so strict in any other forums? I myself have been a regular visitor of the Dill Mill Gayye and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forums and videos, sbs, sbb, promos etc used to be posted there all the time and nobody took them down so why such a strict rule on qh forum? I feel unpleasant saying this but I do think that the team is quite strict on this forum and some rules are really unfair and it's as if they apply only to this forum.
First we were told not to post pics of KSG outside QH including his pics with KaJen and then we were told to not post videos of ksg outside qh and now this rule. Don't you guys think you're being too heavy on this forum? You do know that members come here to have fun and to check out new segments etc but by implying such rules you are totally killing the fun and giving a call to inactivity.
I just feel that it's unfair because sbs sbb segments have been posted in forums since ages and nobody had a problem them. I am not disregarding sonyfan, I think Sony is doing an incredible job and seriously hats off but there are members who check the forum only to know about the segments and watch them. And as others said, it takes time for Sony to upload videos since she has so many forums to handle. I agree that the qh team took this decision but I think it's unjustified to not take member's opinions before taking a stand. After all the members along with the team is what makes a successful forum and not the team members alone. If there won't be any members, there won't be any team.
Also,
sometimes the links posted are of no forum, they're of news channels direct yt account or of some members who upload them which is almost the same thing as being uploaded by coolbies. So what about them then?
I do feel that this rule is unreasonable and unjustified. Being the large forum that qh is, I think the team should let members have a say in the rules too. Or this way you're going to keep majority of people unhappy. I never post in this forum but this post really bugged me.
So seriously, why even have a forum when you've put so many restrictions on us? This is just unfair. It's a sincere request to please take our demands into consideration too. Not everyone can control their excitement of watching a segment till coolbie uploads it, it just ruins the whole mood.
Majorly disappointed and upset with this. And please for once, instead of justifying more, please please take our opinions into consideration as well. You can't keep everyone happy but atleast be fair. I don't understand why all of a sudden all rules are being made stricter in QH forum :/Edited by Mehak_Luvs_Rani - 10 years ago
Guys the point is this rule is made because this is what our videobie wants .. sonyfan has given an ultimatum that if outside videos r posted in this forum , then they wont post any videos and so we hv no option but to stop it ...

Another reason is those videos contain outside tags of other websites which come under advertising and no way IF allows advertising of any other sites ..

If some other forum is posting sbb/sbs videos , then either they r without any advertising tags or mayb the videobie of that forum has no issues with those videos  but in this case if our videobie does not like it and hv even complained about it , we hv no other option but to respect the viewpoint of our videobie 😊

And our videobie themselves sticks the sbb/sbs videos few hours after the segment .. all u need is bit of patience ...

And here is today's SBS-SBB video by sonyfan which is still in sticky 😊

25th April Qubool Hai HD-EngSubs-SBB/SBS WO/Dl

Edited by jyoti06 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by jyoti06

See guys its a joint decision taken by all because IF dont allow videos to b posted from outside websites and our videobies too dont like it ...

What if despite hving coolbies in forum , a random member does daily updates .. will the coolbies or other members of this forum appreciate it ?? Same holds for our videobies too .. they r appointed videobies for a reason ./. its their duty to post all the videos ...

Hope u guys understand .. this is not any exclusive rule we r making .. the rule stands all over IF 😊

I understand the rule.But then I would challenge this rule for all the forums on IF.

We all are aware about how much unfair IF has been to QH and KSG.
Now stopping videos as soon as an SBS/SBB episodes are on-aired will be called another attempt from IF's side to decrease the ranking of QH/KSG.

Plz don't give any justification for the biased behaviour of IF towards QH and KSG.It's a bitter truth and we all have accepted it.
Really Jyoti there is a limit of patience and such imposed rules irritate me and others a lot.

It's not necessary that a rule is applied on all the forums of IF is always correct.It can be challenged, right?

We'll have no issues if Sony agrees to upload the video as per IST time just after the episode is on-aired.If she can't do that then we need to have one more Videobie who lives in India.

I completely understand the concern for appreciation of hardwork but there are things which are above taking and giving credits.We are here on IF to enjoy the show and not to be caged under the stupid rules of IF.

This single rule of IF is not at all acceptable to me.But I'll try to cooperate being a member of this forum 😡
@crazy4KASH_AR : We r not further debating on this .. The rule is not made to cage anyone ... the rule is made to show some respect to our videobies who takes so much of pain to upload videos for u guys ... the rule is made to show respect to those videobies for their dedication and hardwork and so when they see someone else is doing their job of posting videos ,. they feel hurt and dejected and think what r we doing on IF then ...  so if u want to challenge the rule , first talk to the videobie and ask her the kind of disappointment they feel when daily they upload videos for u guys but in return their hard work goes in vain because someone else hv already done it ..

Another thing .. IF dont allow other website videos .. its against the rules because IF dont want that other website to throw a legal case because their videos r stolen and put on IF here by the members .. r u guys ready to face legal battles here ...

Thats why IF has appointed its own videobies so that members can enjoy IF's video ... if u still want to watch videos from other websites , u r always free to go to that website and watch it .. noone is stopping u ..all we r saying is dont bring those other website videos to IF as its against the rule not because IF stops u but because that other website too will stop u from doing so and u might get in trouble ..

When we post rules , we see the betterment of u members out here and not us .. remember that
Edited by jyoti06 - 10 years ago
@Jyoti

If this is a forum which is 'friendly'' then it should hold its member's interests at heart and what members want .. then why aren't their feelings considered.

Also this particular rule I don't think is for the betterment of members but rather video's request. I doubt this will increase her video views or comments but people will relocate to other sites e.g. FB and be a loss loss situation. let me tell you personally other forums post videos WITH tags guaranteed all the time I've been on IF always seen it .Please tell us why just ONE forum then if we are to go by your ultimatum statement?!

Edited by -Priya- - 10 years ago
@Priya : If other forums do it , it against rules too and they too r asked not to post it  ... its same rule all over ..  only if sbs official star news website posts a video  , we allow it because its from official channel .. but videos with tags r often not allowed in any forum if the videobie reports it to the mod ... so option is yours , if u guys post it , then our videobie will stop posting her regular videos and things might reach the admins  .. that is a loss situation too .. r u guys willing to run a forum without any videos from the videobie ?? in that case u guys post whatever u want  , but sonyfan will stop posting videos altogether because the rule is imposed only after videobie's complain ðŸ˜Š ...
Fair enough the videobie is offended which is why this has been implemented, but what about the forum members who are gonna be dissatisfied? I agree people should have patience but just about how much do you expect from a person? Especially with the buzz and curiosity that these segments bring along. I guess people are just gonna have to find other means for these segments which, probably will affect the forum activity. I think instead of simply announcing this rule (wouldn't call it reminder because I doubt a lot of people even knew about it), it would've been better to have discussed it with the members about what Sony is wanting. What other  'options' can be available keeping everyone happy, like maybe another videobie who resides in India and has the chance of stickying these segments faster?  Also YouTube videos should be allowed here right? Why else would IF allow them to be embedded here? :/ Y'know it would be nice to take into account the viewpoints of the members itself rather than just stickying one rule/reminder after the other. That way people won't resent the mods so much! Y'think noticing the different rules of the different forums doesn't get to them enough? Ah well! In the end it's all up to you guys, I just had to say my two cents. 
I understand that it does take time for the videobie to post the videos which is inconvenient to the forum by large. But we have to try and keep the understand the sentiments of the videobie involved as well.

As far as no other forum following this rule; I know for a fact that DKNSK does follow this rule. We allow WUs for discussions, but if any member posts any outside link to the VU, it is duly closed.

YouTube links are allowed to be embedded for different reasons. There are many talented members who make VMs and other creative stuff and post it on YT; and you can embed and share those links in the forum.

I have no affiliation to QH per say, but I'd just like to request the forum members to understand the sentiments of the videobie involved and respect her feelings and intentions. The DT is not stopping you from watching the videos outside, the DT is requesting you all not to share them or bring them into the forum. 

I hope this is not taken in the wrong light. 

Thank you Jyoti, Pooja and Gunia for this thread 😊
Edited by BalamPichkaari - 10 years ago
Not to take anything away from the videobie but like I said before, member's opinions should be the priority for you guys since without members there won't be any team either and the whole forum would be an inactive soul. Team member's sentiments are everything but member's opinions and their views mean nothing? Absolutely awesome. Great going, seriously! You his expect us to understand you but do you guys even try understanding us? Not even one team member said that okay we will try to look out for an alternative but all are busy in justifying themselves by giving xyz reasons. This is not how you treat your members, guys. You're just making all of us unhappy and wanting to shift our base elsewhere, I guess that's what will make the team members happy, no?
Why not take into consideration what we are suggesting? That is to have another videobie residing in India so that the videos are uploaded on time. But no, you guys would rather go on defending your rules and stuff. There's a limit to our patience too. How many more unfair rules are we supposed to put up with? It's funny how the team takes all the decisions without even taking member's views. The team is NOT the majority, the members are.
And it's amazing how no one had a problem before when these vids used to be posted everywhere in all the forums but all the problems arise in Qh forum. The videobie has been uploading videos since AGES and only now this problem occurred? The videos used to be posted in all other forums all the time but then nobody raised an objection. Seriously, how unfair can you people get? You do realise that you're not really building a good image of "the team" in front of your member's eyes. This is absolutely ridiculous!