Which theory is correct?

Poll Choice
Geocentric
Heliocentric
Login To Vote
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

okay - this might sound wierd, but they're both wrong -
they both state Earth is in the center, Sun is in the center of the universe (as read in one of the posts)
How do u decide if the Sun is in the center of the universe, if u have no knowlegde on how big the universe is? They both say Earth is in the center, maybe at some points, it is possible (.0000000001% chance) that earth might be in the center of the universe in one day every year exepct for one every 4 years. (leap year).
So they both are wrong, and partially right
My history teacher also agreed to this fact...
so sorry if I upsetted anyone 😊

heyy...that's nice to know...i'm actually learning something on IF😆

they both state Earth is in the center, Sun is in the center of the universe (as read in one of the posts)
How do u decide if the Sun is in the center of the universe, if u have no knowlegde on how big the universe is? They both say Earth is in the center, maybe at some points, it is possible (.0000000001% chance) that earth might be in the center of the universe in one day every year exepct for one every 4 years. (leap year).

Well said 👏 I completely agree with you. The sun is one little tiny speck in our universe so we can't really prove that it's the center of the universe.

The planet's in our galaxy may revolve around the Sun but that doesn't mean all the planets or objects in our universe revolve around it.

Originally posted by xoN3HA

Well said 👏 I completely agree with you. The sun is one little tiny speck in our universe so we can't really prove that it's the center of the universe.

The planet's in our galaxy may revolve around the Sun but that doesn't mean all the planets or objects in our universe revolve around it.

exactly..but it is also possible:

All planets revolve around the sun...There are other revolving planet's in the galaxy (unknown) (we are on the tip of sum spiral pint I believe) so also variuos gravities cause this galaxy to revolve, so the galazy must be revolving around sum other thing, so in sum cases even jupiter can be the center of the unvierse (but no one knows when cuz they dun know how big the universe is)..so almost everthing can be in the center...I say that the whole universe is just the word "revolve" galaxies and bigger galaxies revolving...so this theories should been more specifically explained...

I'll creat my own theory know as "revolutionarycentric" partially stating what I said above😉 

Originally posted by Vishesh

SDK..

as i said.. if u will see from history point of view, then first they thought earth is the center, then sun. so these terms were coined.

but now both are being taken as a MODEL..and These Models are not wrong.
this is just seeing things in a Reference.

we take Earth or sun as a Reference point. this is just like Relativity. standing at platform u see, train moving, and sitting in train we see platform moving. and in reality both are moving coz earth is moving too.
how much distance does a Train cover in one hour. WOW A lot of distance,(even if it just stays on a place) coz Earth is moving too. 😛
so u know, we know one Reference point to say abt relative motions. so Both geocentric and heliocentric models are OK.
and this is termed sometimes as "Modern geocentric n heliocentric"

when we want to show motions of Planets, we need one reference point. which we can make stationary.
And Geocentric sounds better for us, coz we see things Standing on Earth.

one Question for ur new theory.
if Jupiter or Sun "Can be " the center. but we know, they too are in orbits, and they too move around.
Dont u think that, the Center point (whatever it is) should not move from its position ?

and yes..if someone is wondering, Sun is not even at the center of the Solar system (if u r being more scientific)

yes, but couldn't it possible for anything to be in the center.

First of all - the univeres's size is unknown. 
if the following deosn't make sence, then the rest won't either
if the galaxy rotatates, the their might be some other bigger gravitational pull that might tcaus out galaxy to revolove. The bigger gravitation, might have another bigger gravitional force (that is too far to affect our galaxy) causing that force to revolove as well, and the cycle goes on.

we might be in a different spot in 4 billion year from now.

maybe - that's just what I'm thinking - not trying to prove it true, but making it a possibility😉

i forgot to add none
science thinking is to complicated, i'll just stick with math 😆
In the eyes of scientists, which do they believie in, or what do they think is the correct solution ot his? 😕

well, i still believe that the earth is at the centre of the universe😊 and i'd beleive that whether science/history disproved it. and i believe that i'm the only one who voted for that option😆
I thnk the heliocentric theory is correct

Originally posted by jetmania

well, i still believe that the earth is at the centre of the universe😊 and i'd beleive that whether science/history disproved it. and i believe that i'm the only one who voted for that option😆

well, according to what u quoted, u are .0000000001% right

well, according to what u quoted, u are .0000000001% right

like i said my reason for believing is not dependant on science😊so that percentage doesn't indicate anything to me😛