Bade Acche Laggte Hai

RK and RR opened path for Tv actors to get into BW

Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Kitani Mohabbat Hai star Karan Kundra is all on cloud nine these days and why not! This handsome guy is all set to spread his wings in Bollywood with not one or two but four movies in the kitty.

Yes, filmmaker Vikram Bhatt has signed him for a three-movie deal. All the three flicks would be horror based; the first of the lot has been tentatively titled Horror Stories that is a story about seven friends, Karan playing one of them.

The other film is the country's first ever psychological thriller directed by Shailesh Singh (Tanu Weds Manu fame), in which Karan plays an international rock star. Earlier, this role was to be played by Neil Nitin Mukesh who couldn't take it up due to date issues.

To our curiosity, we got in touch with this handsome man and asked him how it feels to be a part of the Bollywood industry now, to which he shared, "It's good. Four and half years ago when I came in the television industry, I had no such plans to get into films. I belong from a business family and have always aimed higher and bigger in life so much so that I have set my own standards accordingly. I have never been a part of the rat race and am quite an outspoken kind of a person. For me, friends and family and partying are my first priorities. I am here to live life to the fullest. Till now, I haven't gone through any audition or look test. Call it luck, but I follow some principals and take life in a different flow."

So, are you branching out to Bollywood now? "After Kitani Mohobbat Hai, I was getting many offers from big banners but I did not take them up as I don't like to follow the trend. I took up Gumrah (Channel V) that changed my life. That was the best thing that happened to me. Gumrah is very close to my heart and I will always be a part of it," he answered.

Whom do you want to work with in future? "I don't know about actors, but yes I would love to work with directors like Tigmanshu Dhulia, Hansal Mehta and Anurag Kashyup," Karan quipped.

Whom do you look up to from the lot who have switched over from the small to the big screen? "I have never looked up to anyone till date. I think I am my own competitor. But yes, everybody knows that Shah Rukh started his career with television and look where he is now. Then we have Rajeev Khandelwal, Sushant Singh Rajput. Now, actors like Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy have opened path for TV actors to get into Bollywood. So, it is good to see people crossing boundaries and entering big screen space from tube."

Keep going Karan and all the very best for your Bollywood future!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mano86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š
Ramdeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail