Manoj Kumar to file Law Suit against SRK, EROS

Posted: 10 years ago
Shah Rukh Khan, Eros In Trouble For Contempt Of Court?

MUMBAI: While fans of Shah Rukh Khan in Japan were in for a real treat last month, when his 2007 hit musical romcom 'Om Shanti Om' hit the screens in their country… back home, veteran actor Manoj Kumar was left displeased, again.

Talking to the press, a very upset Manoj Kumar said, "The film was released in Japan without deleting those scenes. I had forgiven them twice but not this time. They have disrespected me."

The veteran actor was referring to scenes from 'Om Shanti Om' which apparently represented and offended him. Reportedly, Manoj Kumar's body double has been used in the SRK-Deepika Padukone starrer, and shows the senior actor in a bad taste, according to his claim.

In 2008, Kumar had said, "Are the Mumbai police so stupid that they can't recognise Manoj Kumar and lathicharge him in the '70s when he was a star?"

He had candidly called Shah Rukh Khan "communal". Later, in a press conference, SRK and director Farah Khan apologized to the senior star and offered to cut the offensives scenes.

Before the 'Om Shanti Om's television premiere, Manoj Kumar filed for a stay on the television release, at a Mumbai Court. On 8 August 2008, he won permanent injunction on the scenes in 'Om Shanti Om' that lampooned him. The court ordered the producers and Sony Entertainment Television, to edit the Manoj Kumar look-alike scenes before showing the film on any media—TV, DVD or Internet—without the scene being deleted.

However, it looks like the offending scenes were not removed after all, in the Japanese release titled 'Koi Suru Rinne Om Shanti Om'.

Kumar plans to file a law suit April 2, 2013 against Shah Rukh Khan and Eros International and seek damages to the tune of Rs 100 crore for not adhering to the Court's order in his favour.

Confirms the actor, "They face contempt of court as in 2008 the court had asked them to forever and from all prints and broadcast material, delete those scenes! I would file civil and criminal proceedings against the producers tomorrow for seeking damages to the tune of Rs 100 crore for showing 'Om Shanti Om' in Japan without removing objectionable scenes as ordered by Mumbai civil court in 2008."

SRC

😲 Edited by Aishh. - 10 years ago
OMG 😲 haha i must say, srk is the uncrowned king of controversies LOL
Sab log raashan paani leke SRK pe chadh jate hai ajkal !!

Wat an idiot...why didnt he get those scenes deleted !!
Every comedy film or even TV shows lampoon stars - its called mimicry. From Dev Anand to Ashok Kumar to Amitabh Bachhan to Lata Mangeshkar everyone has been lampooned - often on their face in award shows. If everyone starts filing defamation cases against such caricatures the whole comedy section of the entertainment industry would have to pack up their bags and retire.
Originally posted by Rehanism

Every comedy film or even TV shows lampoon stars - its called mimicry. From Dev Anand to Ashok Kumar to Amitabh Bachhan to Lata Mangeshkar everyone has been lampooned - often on their face in award shows. If everyone starts filing defamation cases against such caricatures the whole comedy section of the entertainment industry would have to pack up their bags and retire.

Doing mimicry is different, while using a body double n showing a police man didn't recognize superstar Manoj kumar & started laathi charge is very absurd. 

If this was nothing why Srk n Farah apologized to Manjoj Kumar & after Court's order, why can't they delete the scene which can cause such trouble??

Now with Chennai Express's income, i hope Srk would be able 2 pay 100 cr to Manoj if he loose this case 😆
But why 100C? That's quite absurd.
Originally posted by Qureeshi

😆

The economic crisis has also hit the Manoj Kumar house 😆

Waqt SRK ka kharaab aaya hai, uske fans din dusron ke gin rahe hai 😆
Originally posted by Qureeshi

How many day offs did u get this time? 😆

Quite a Stalker... keeping tracks of me, when i come online n when i don't 😆