Debate Championship!!

Posted: 17 years ago
Hello Debators ,

It's time for our Debate Championship!!!! We have so many great debators and severeal new ones in the past few months so now it's time to find who is the best debator for this month!!!!! 😊

So we've decided to bring you a Debating Championship and see who debates the best . Who is the most eloquent, articulate ,logical , well read/researched of them all !!

The topic : "Our embracing the Western culture is making us loose our own rich heritage and culture" This is topic choosen from the poll we had last time...so topic has been selected by all members.

Contestants :I need all of you to either send me ,or ~LiL*PrInCeZ~, or Aparna_BD entries as to who wants to fight "for" the topic and who wants to fight "against" the topic. You can PM any one of us !!
We will pick 4-6 entries in total ( the number depends on the response i get ....................i hope to get a great response.)

Championship: soon in a few days we will annouce the day of the Championship . The Championship will last all of 2 days (48 hours).So the contestants will have 48 hours to put their points forward.

Rules :I will post rules before the Championship begins , only the chosen contestants will be allowed to respond , all other responses will be deleted .

Results :At the end of 2 days the topic will be locked and voting will begin by 4 judges (We will annouce the names of the judges in our next post) .You can send in your response and choose the best Debator keeping some points in mind .( i will put those up too soon )

As of now please rush in your enteries to me and take part in the Championship and get title of Best Debator!!! Are you the best ?????πŸ˜‰ Lets find out !!!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~ - 17 years ago
Cool. Yay. I am da first one to reply. πŸ˜†
Ok me in... But i have a prob... i need some time to prepare... 😳 ...Plus should i pm u sowmyaa di for the "For" and "Against" option or announce hereπŸ˜•.. I need some time to decide 😳

Thx for making the post Soumya. Maryam you will have a few days to prepare. All of you can post your options(In favour or against) here but also do PM one of us.
I am "for" the argument and want to debate on it Sowmyaa. πŸ˜‰
Speaking "for"!! Which means "yes" to that statement rite?πŸ€”
Is there a neutral side? πŸ˜ƒ Matlab I agree to half and disagree to half of it.
I would have liked to take part, but I don't agree with the statement fully
PMed you, Sowmyaa!

This is a nice topic and I'm arguing AGAINST it. Edited by T. - 17 years ago
Im going "Against" the topic... i.e. We are NOT losing our culture😊 I have sent my PM

(P.S. I made up my mind yesterday but had computer and internet prob 😭 ..So couldn't post it.. 😭 ...)