IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

About the show

The show essentially revolves around 5 women namely Fatima Bi, Laila, Shweta, Damini and Bunty. These women by the virtue of being distinct in their personality and the events that happen in their lives, their conflicts and revelations, represent the various forms of the young Indian woman in today's day and age – their aspiration, goals and challenges.

As opposed to other shows in its slot, Twinkle Beauty Parlor, Lajpat Nagar would be a breather for the audience as the treatment would be very fresh and light but the drama would be as gripping and thought provoking. The show is primarily set in a typical middle class beauty parlor, which is in the 'D' Block. It is located near the busy market place of Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. The feel is very earthy, very day-to-day and there is nothing cosmetic about the whole look…well… except for the cosmetics that are going to be used in the parlor, of course!

Courtesy: Sabtv.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks u so much for sharing 😛
ng_cooltools thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This seems similar to the idea of 'Desperate Housewives' that aires in the US.
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Hehe... I know....

What are the show timings???

-Sam 😊
Halz25 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks, so this show is like Desperate Housewifes!!! That explains it all!!!!
hello98 thumbnail
Thanks but what is the actual story...nobody seems to know anything about it.
TD_Adict thumbnail
Its not aired where i live. But oh well.Edited by TD_Adict - 17 years ago
shloki thumbnail
thanks for sharing, can some do the updates/video updates for this show?
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"I cannot think of life without working out"

She debuted with DD's Kahani Saat Phero Ki almost half a decade back. But it was with Zee's Piya Ka Ghar (where she played a double role) that Narayani Shastri earned her much desired acclaim as an artiste. With some TRP grossing shows to her credit this actor with luscious locks is currently busy with a primetime daily, Sanskar on DD.

With such cut throat competition in this industry; one definitely needs to be on their toes. And Narayani definitely knows one strategy of survival - Being fit. Read more….

My Fitness Mantra: I am a health freak. I cannot think of life without working out. In my opinion, everybody should be fit. Not just people from our line, even housewives should look after their figures, after all what is life without a healthy body!

My Exercise Regime: I slog for about 90 minutes, 6 days a week. My routine consists of light weights and cardio. I generally workout either at the break of the day or at night, depending on my shooting schedules.

My Diet: I have small meals every two hours and avoid eating after eight in the evening. I drink a lot of juices including neem, carrot and even karela and lauki to keep my system hydrated during my long work hours. One should not totally avoid anything in particular but at the same time shouldn't over do it too!

My Gymming Tips: It's very important to find the right gym and trainer, spend some time with him and workout a plan that suits your requirement. What is most important is that you should have clear gut goals; about what you want i.e. body building, loosing weight general fitness etc.

My Dancing Tips: Many people consider dancing as a form of exercise, but I look at it as a form of art. Hence me and Gaurav (who's a fitness freak too) really enjoyed our limited presence in Nach Baliye 2.

Fitness Fads: I really can't understand why most people get targeted by over workouts. It causes more harm than benefiting. Guys want to bulk up like Arnold, while girls want an hourglass figure. What they don't understand is that each person has a different body make up hence they should temper with how God has molded them.

My Favourite Hunks - Though Hrithik wins hands down with the junta for his awesomely chiseled physique, my personal fav is Akshay Kumar. He has the most fit and flexible frame. I don't dig guys with too much muscle!

By ANIL MERANI
Posted on 9 January 2007 6:30 pm
Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago