Bade Acche Laggte Hai

A leap... of imagination?

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

A leap... of imagination?

Bade Achhe Lagte Hain is poised at a stage where a leap doesn't seem too out of context. But then, will the makers of the show take such a huge gamble in shifting focus from their main protagonists who have been the flesh and blood of the show. Deebashree Mohanty explores

Any serial in a happy space, particularly if it is love story, is fodder for speculation, especially about taking a leap. Now that Priya and Ram Kapoor are finally back together and are "in a happy space", the "now what" question has started assailing the serial Bade Achhe Lagte Hain.

Just settling down to a six-month leap, and nothing much happening on the romantic front either, a 20-year-leap is no longer being considered that of a fertile imagination even though that would mean the end of the Ram-Priya love story as the viewers of this middle-aged romance want to see.

No one directly involved with the show is willing to confirm or deny this at this juncture and those who are willing to talk about it are insisting that even if there will be a leap, it is not going to happen at least in the next month-and-a-half, the episodes of which are already in the can.

As for the show's producer Ekta Kapoor, she is busy establishing her nayikas for now. "Uff... now what?" is how she reacted to our query on whether BALH is actually in for a leap as rumoured. She has been bombarded with queries on the show ever since BALH made a grand entry and swept the TRPs much to the benefit of Sony Entertainment. The channel was then desperate for a flagship show and Balaji Telefilms came to its rescue. As always.

"The concept of BALH had been with me for a very long time but we were not finding the right platform. When Sony was eager to take it up, I was on seventh heaven. I had my doubts when we introduced the show but I am happy with the way the show has been received. But I think people are getting a little swayed by the show. I have promised that this is going to be a love story and I will not deviate from that. But to sustain a daily soap, we have to explore angles. Not all may agree to our changes but they have to be made," Kapoor says.

But is the leap for real?

Everyone in the BALH camp is jittery answering this question. 'Has Ekta affirmed the leap?' is the refrain from channel heads and PRs handling the BALH account on Sony.

"This is absurd. We don't know how the leap rumour has been circulated but it is not true. We are only just beginning to settle down with this six-month leap situation. There is no scene of any leap now," Akansha, the Mumbai-based PR handling the Sony account, says. When you push her to reveal more, she just says "ask the protagonists, if you have to."

But Ram Kapoor is busy shooting for an ad campaign in Las Vegas and Sakshi rubbishes the leap as soon as you ask her about it. "Ram is in Vegas for a shoot and will be back in town only next week. For BALH, he shoots 20 episodes or so in advance. So his quota is done till mid April," his agent Rajeev Kumar says.

So, if you were hoping for an immediate leap effective next week, it is not going to be the case. On her part, Tanwar feels that nothing can be said for certain on the Indian telly but a 20-year leap ka 'sawwal hi paida nahin hota'. "It's not been too long that the leap happened on the show. We are trying to get used to the changes. There are no plans as such but who knows what twist can happen?," is all Tanwar is willing to say.

So, can we expect Pihu to be all grown up and the show to suddenly focus on her? According to Ravindra Gautam, the show's creative head, the focus will always be on Ram and Priya. They are and will remain the mainstay of the show.

But there is one person who is enjoying all the attention she is getting at the moment. Young Pihu (played by Amrita Mukherjee) only shoots on weekends for a heap of episodes and her mother Mrinomoyee feels her character is going to be there for some time.

"Amrita shoots only on Fridays to Sundays. She has already wrapped up shoots for 15 episodes which is good enough for a month. We have not been given any intimation about a leap but personally, I don't think there is a leap happening any time soon. The last time it took a six-month leap, we were duly informed," she adds.

But will this leap affect the show? "If the leap does happen two things are sure to change. One, the story focus will shift from Ram and Priya to second generation leads. Then there will be fresh characters introduced to make the show newer. Both ways, it will take time for the show to re-gain its feet. It will be a challenge but Ekta is a planner and she does a lot of research before going into anything. Let's hope she has got this sorted out," Arun Jaiswal, founder of televisiondecode.in, says.

Source : http://www.dailypioneer.com/sunday-edition/others/small-screen/132354-a-leap-of-imagination.html

This article is confusing but i do get some positive vibes about it.. Atleast its sure that there is no leap for the next 1.5 months. Lets Hope for the best..👍🏼
Edited by -MariaMars- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shavii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
in simple words no body is liking the leap except the pagal cv😡😡😡😡😡😡🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 i wish some one open her brain and make her understand no one love leaps which don't reap.. are just 10-12 episode u showed raya romance rest kept them away unwantedly ..who will make them understand.. it is sad.. sony will loose all it trps if it doesn't take any action on right time and stop the leap.. in above article it mention it is an rumor kind then what is the truth.. goshhh some one tell cv to stop troubling us with her cruelness of not showing what the viewwers want.. if such thing continue we will be having no choice left other than to stop watching it... 
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yup the article is very confusing
None of them is sure whats gonna happen 
lets hope we get a preggy track before leap
shavii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ramsakshiroxxx

yup the article is very confusing

None of them is sure whats gonna happen 
lets hope we get a preggy track before leap

only we hope and cv are heartless and cruel on viewers 😭
mitrajayeeta23 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
are ek preggy track to dikhao...how ram will take care of priya and how priya ram ko pareshan karne wali hain ...raat ko kulfi ki demand karti hain...it is an imp part of such a beautiful love story...waise dadi ki ashirbaad ka kya hua jo unone priya ko diye thi???? want a baby boy this time jo bilkul priya ki jaisa ho...ram ke business ke waris...after all kush is sids son and leap hoga to wo villain hoga for sure...1 preggy track dikha do and then its ok
shavii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mitrajayeeta23

are ek preggy track to dikhao...how ram will take care of priya and how priya ram ko pareshan karne wali hain ...raat ko kulfi ki demand karti hain...it is an imp part of such a beautiful love story...waise dadi ki ashirbaad ka kya hua jo unone priya ko diye thi???? want a baby boy this time jo bilkul priya ki jaisa ho...ram ke business ke waris...after all kush is sids son and leap hoga to wo villain hoga for sure...1 preggy track dikha do and then its ok

kaash cv understand this but nope they are sadist heartless cruel person 😡 they wont show what viewer's want.. they are the worst person...🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 cv need to be changed for sure
tugga1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its a very well written and worked stiry -the writer unlike other artisls tried to speak to all possible people concerned withBALH and hence go a lot of quotes on record meaning its credible enough.

Some things clear-BT /EK not sure of Gen leap so clearly in two minds. It might not be upon us in a week or two it seems but then again u never know...

Also logically peaking the show had a 6 month leap recently so a gen leap so soon would be illogical. 

I juts fee that BALH has always been a RAYA story so if we get a gen leap i wouldnt want to watch Pihu's story. The CVs cant be so bankrupt with ideas that they cant expolore possibilities in current scenario surely.

Clearly not many of us want to watch a gen leap...Hoep reason works with BT/SONY
Edited by tugga1 - 11 years ago
luvbalh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
me too  wish to see a preggy track from cv's 
Madhumita_Mitra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Maria, I think leap will surely come in future,but we want RAYA together and story will move on.I agree with Sakshi that leap will not 20years longgg. do u think Ram then 65 years old????
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
May be we should start asking the CVs politely for a preggy track before the leap..