Nach Baliye - Shriman vs Shrimati

TO THE MAKERS OF NB5 - Judging the judges

nivi.divi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Who is Shilpa Shetty? 

A bollywood actor who barely made a mark in the industry.  She is not a fantastic actor, nor does she have a dancing legacy like Madhuri.

She's now just a rich married woman who has a lot of free time.  I personally think she should not be judging a dance show because it is disrespectful for good / trained dancers and dancing gurus.

Who is Sajid Khan?

A bollywood director/producer who has no history of dance other than that his sister is a choreographer.

What is he doing judging this show.  Again, very disrespectful to the dancers and other dancing gurus such as Saroj Khan.

I can understand Terrence.  Have you noticed that Terrence's comments and marks are more fair and precise?   He actually knows dance terminology and style.  Shilpa is just there to be on TV and pick out the candy gloss.  I was so annoyed the way she reacted when one of the couples was doing a daring stunt in their performance.  Shilpa, this is called dance - not Big Brother.

Sajid is only there to laugh at people and pass comments on Arvind.  He's not a judge.

I really hope that the producers put some actual dance judges in the judging seat next time.
Edited by nivi.divi - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sakshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Terrence is actually the choreographer , Sajid is there just for entertainment & promoting Arvind .. & about Shilpa , can't  realy say anything 
don't know on what basis the judges are picked 
sanjana_D3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Terence and shilpa are ok.
Terence is a great dancer and can give proper advice to the jodis.
Sajid just keep making jokes and insulting jodis...Who chose him ??
The judges should be chosen more carefully.
hope that terence is there for the next season too. 
chumchee25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
From my understanding in dance shows the judges are usually a choreographer, actor/actress and director.
Shilpa is ok, but doesn't really have much experience to give guidance or judge properly. She's a little over hyped in the show- every time she comes on the stage to dance with contestants her dancing looks ridiculous. Madhuri, Mallaika Arora Khan would have better suited the role.

Sajid is terrible! As a judge and a director. His claim to fame isn't inspirational either. Would have preferred Karan Johar or even David Dhawan (he was in a season of NB and did a good job)

Terrence is by far the best judge but doesnt have the guts to go against Sajid which is a let down.
enigma1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have given up on NB5.

Mediocrity rules and is celebrated.
nivi.divi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So glad you people see what I see.

Yes, I forgot to add that I know Terrence is a choreographer and has been on many such shows.  He is aware of what dance and dance forms are.  He should be kept on in the future. 

But please, don't have people like Shilpa or Sajid on this show.  They are terrible judges.  The biggest flaw is that they don't know the A of dance.

Please bring on more revered people (with dance significant to their history) to judge.

Good options are Madhuri Dixit Nene, Shaimak Davar, Remo, Prabhu Deva, Ganesh Acharya, Saroj Khan, Farah Khan, Vaibhavi Merchant, other choreographers I may be missing.

Some good celebrities are Madhuri, Hrithik, Shahid, Govinda, Jeetendra, etc.

desiRED thumbnail
Sajid:

Shilpa Shetty:

Sometimes

Most of the times

Terrence:

After looking at the other judges

And just follow the herd...

Audience:

Our reaction on their judgement

Edited by desiRED - 11 years ago