•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

I would love to come back to Bhopal: Karan Grover

ByEkta Yadav, TNN | Feb 23, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Karan Grover, who was in Bhopal recently for a promotional event, speaks about his shift to comedy, his modeling days and his instant attraction with the city 

Acting is a beautiful career
This might sound cliched, but I had never thought of being an actor. I never plan anything for future and concentrate on my present, instead. And comedy... not even in my wildest of dreams had I thought that I'll ever do a comic role. I'm still learning. Acting is a beautiful career. One gets to learn a lot of things and livedifferent characters onscreen. But I would say that only those should take up acting as a career who are extremely serious about it. Itna aasaan nahi hota hai yeh life jeena. You have to struggle to gain a foothold in the TV industry. Kabhi shows chalte hain kabhi nahi chalte hain. It requires a lot of patience to be an actor. You always have to innovate yourself so that your audience doesn't get bored of you. I am still learning the nuances of comedy, since this is the first time I'm portraying a comic character onscreen.

I enjoyed my stint as VJ There was a time when VJing was considered to be the most glamourous and happening career. VJs enjoyed a massive fan following. I also wanted to be a VJ and was lucky enough to get a chance after participating in Gladrags Mr India pageant. I was among the top five finalists in the contest and got noticed. After my stint as a VJ, I was offered Saarrthi in which I played the lead. I also love hosting and have been an emcee for a lot of shows. There is a lot of difference between hosting and acting. As an anchor, you have to follow a lot of instructionsbeing given to you constantly via a headphone from those managing the show. That is a lot of pressure on you, but you still have to look your best as a thousand eyes are watching you. But it'sfun. 
Bhopal looks beautiful from the skies Bhopal is really a beautiful place. We saw Upper Lake, which is an exceptionally large water body right in the middle of the city. This place is a welcome respite from the crowded and over polluted metros. The magnificence of the city lies in its natural beauty. I spotted Upper Lake when I was inside the plane. It looks amazing. In fact, Bhopal looks very beautiful from the skies. I would definitely love to come back here again and visit all the tourist spots.
thanks for sharing. karan is the best.
tfs..nice interview..i liked his POV abt acting..well karan's bhopal fans r lucky to see him..
Thanks for sharing Jesh 😊 Karan really enjoyed in Bhopal 😉
thanks for sharing love karan so much