inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Suits|Indu|Ruk Jana Nahi|Lo Ho Gai Party|Aniruddh Dave
Important for male actors to create own space: Aniruddh
Aniruddh Dave
Actor Aniruddh Dave on success, acting and looks in a chat with TOI

You gained enough popularity with your previous character Indu Singh from Ruk Jana Nahi, do you think you will be able to break that image with your new character Kanhaiyya from Aaj Ki Housewife Hai... Sab Jaanti Hai?
I don't do typical saas bahu shows. I have always done performance oriented characters. Indu was full of anger while Kanhaiyya is fun-loving and sober. It is a complete opposite character. I hope I'll do justice to my current character too.

You play a cop in your new show which looks similar to that of Salman Khan's look in Dabangg. Comment
It's unfair to say that all men in uniform are copying, inspiring or making fun of Dabangg. There are loads of men who don uniform everyday and they aren't copying Salman Khan. I am not imitating anyone in the show. I am an actor who likes to improve and give different dimensions to my characters.

They say it's important to take regular breaks between two shows to convince the audiences in your next character. Do you believe in the same mantra?
So far I haven't created any kind of image of mine. Audiences see lot of actors off screen and relate them to their characters, but I feel that we are actors first. I always recall Rajesh Khanna's dialogue —Babumoshai, hum sab toh rangmanch ki kathputhliyan hain. I consider myself lucky to have so many shows in my kitty.

You look different in all your shows. How do you manage to do that? 
I work hard on my dialogue delivery, style and look. Television is dominated by females and it is important for male actors to create their own unique space. I feel 95% male actors keep following each other — they wear the same kind of Suits, have similar body language and deliver dialogues in the same manner. It is very difficult to differentiate between actors — they all look the same.

You feel you are an actor and not a star?
I always want to live like an actor and not like a star. One becomes a star overnight and the next day he loses all that fame. I want to survive in the industry for a long period.

Do you think that many actor become successful in the television industry only because of their looks? 
I feel today's actors are overrated. I don't think when it comes to real acting, looks should matter. Today there are actors like Irrfan Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui who are amazing when it comes to acting. For an actor, acting skills should only matter.

You are a part of India's first zero budget film — Lo Ho Gai Party. What attracted you to do a film where no money is involved? 
When I was approached for the film, I decided to go ahead because it's a unique concept. I want to do different projects so I decided to be a part of it. There are a lot TV actors who are doing films, but they aren't paid as much as I am on TV. Money matters, but creative satisfaction is equally important.
Edited by Armu4eva - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
O ho my darling AD's cutie pic...with each passing day my love increases for u...u have set such a remarkable and popular character of indu singh that its hard for my to accept kanhaiyya but for you i can do anything...i try to love kanhaiyya and actually i love him but he is no match to indu singh. Sorry but its a bitter truth of me. And u r so good in giving interview answers.

Thanks eva for the interview.

I am so lucky and proud to be the biggest fan of u AD
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š
karsuh thumbnail
Thanks for sharing 😊
Sonali.S thumbnail
Pink shirt...means kanhaiyya is going to wear pink sooner
VishaD. thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonali.singh

Pink shirt...means kanhaiyya is going to wear pink sooner

He looks cute in the picture ðŸ˜‰
Sonali.S thumbnail
and he always looks cute to me...i feel that he is the 2nd most handsome and intelligent man after my father. I love AD so much
VishaD. thumbnail
Hope you get a guy like AD ðŸ˜‰
Sonali.S thumbnail
even i saw karan wearing pink t-shirt in HAHIL...he looks so cute and perfect.
Sonali.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: Visha_Dhami

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Hope you get a guy like AD😉</font>

MY COMMENT OF THE DAY