Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai

Monica Khanna happy she is getting rave reviews...

Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Monica Khanna is happy that she is getting rave reviews for her character of Neelam in Aaj Ki Housewife Hai…

Monica Khanna

Monica Khanna, is an actress who does not believe in getting typecast. And after playing modern, flamboyant as well as negative roles in her earlier shows, she is now essaying the role of a demure positive housewife in Zee TV's Aaj Ki Housewife Hai.. Sab Jaanti Hai.

Talking about her role, the actress says, "Neelam is somebody who loves to be a housewife. Hence when her mother-in-law asks her to share the household chores with Sona (Suhasi Dhami), she does not know what to do with her spare time."

Personally Monica believes that, "There are still women like Neelam in the society who choose to take care of their house as opposed to going outside and working. Having said this, there are many educated women in small towns who are compelled to stay at home, which can take a toll on their psyche."

In real life Monica is totally opposite to Neelam. "I am outspoken and very confident. My friends are surprised when they see my character. They say if I would have offered my future husband food and he refused to take it, I am such a person who will never request him for the second time to eat, as Neelam does."

Monica who is a model from Delhi says, "I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered such a role, as prior to this I was offered many negative lead roles wherever I auditioned. I used to get a feedback that my face does not suit the good Indian woman role. Hence when I was offered this character, I could not believe my luck and kept asking my creatives whether I would be able to pull it off . But I guess I always had it in me; I am now getting rave reviews from my family and friends. They wonder how I manage to get into the skin of a character who is very unlike me."

She further informs that, "During shooting hours, I have to completely switch off from being Monica, as at times I tend to show my real-self. If that happens, I usually get reminded by my unit members to remain in my character."

Monica, keep up the good work!!!

from rival site

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Wow, she has even played negative roles? She looks perfect as the good and innocenr Neeam 😊
karsuh thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Joshua 😊 I am glad Monica got this role as she is perfect as Neelam 😉
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks for the article

She truly deserves the appreciations...she is so good as neelam.
amud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for this article...pleasing face she is having...so appealing her characterization is.. ..