Posted: 11 years ago
Anirrudh Dave

Here's catching up with Anirrudh Dave, who plays the latest cop storming the telly circles with his impeccable style and acting chops...

You play a dabang cop in Housewife Hai... Sab Jaanti Hai. How did you prepare for the role?

I have always been passionate about acting. Actually, I enjoy observing people, various body languages, and I believe that really helps when you have to enact a certain kind of role. So basically, my preparation comes from observing everyone and everything around me.

Was Salman Khan's Chulbul Pandey the inspiration behind Kanahiya's role?

Not really. In fact, it surprises me why people think my character is based on or inspired by Chulbul Pandey. Kanahiya has his own personality. He has his own charm. I try to render all the required traits of naughtiness and a distinct style to my character.

How is your equation with your current co-star Suhasi Goradia Dhami, playing your wife in the show?

Oh, she is really sweet. Very nice actor to work with. She never shows an attitude or becomes preachy. She lets me be and act my way.

You have been acting for many years now. When did you first realize you wanted to be an actor?

Actually when I was in 12th standard, I used to participate in plays, and that's when the acting bug bit me big time. Soon, I joined theatre and learned many tricks of acting, and have been trying my best to master the art ever since.

How did you get your first acting break? Was it easy to start your acting career?

It's not been a cakewalk, for sure. I started as a theatre artiste but always wanted to get into TV or films. Luckily, my first acting break came in Satish Kaushik's Teree Sang. I played a small part in it. That was followed up by Raajkumar Aaryyan – a telly serial that had me in the main lead. Post that, I stared getting work in serials.

Are you satisfied with how your career has shaped up today?

Yes, I'm really happy with my career so far. Theatre background certainly helped me enact my scenes with utmost sincerity. I'm sure I have a long way to go.

What has been the best compliment you've received so far?

That often people shower me with praises about my acting and not just good looks, really gives me a high.

Your character Indu Singh got really famous. What do you think made this character so popular?

I feel the freshness of the fierce character of Indu Singh made it what it is today. The youth could relate to the character instantly, especially the campus masses. I think that really worked in favor of Indu's popularity.

How has been your experience till date in the TV industry?

It's been really great. I have loved each and every moment of my journey so far. I've got to learn a lot of things and I'm loving it.

Your favourite co-star so far?

No one in particular. I've enjoyed working with all of them... right from Yami Gautam fromRaajkumar Aaryyan. I'm not in touch with all of them on a regular basis, but till the time we are shooting together, I share good bonding with them all.

Your acting inspiration?

Irrfan Khan. He is really something. The variations in his acting truly inspire me.

Any particular role that you want to play?

Would love to do a variety of roles... anything that is challenging and that moves me.

Do you have Bollywood dreams?

Certainly. Let's see when and how I get to live that dream.

Your passions apart from acting?

Music. I play few instruments and simply love music. I also enjoy photography a lot.

Are you seeing someone?

I'm seeing my co-star (chuckles)... but don't get me wrong. I meant if I'm seeing someone onscreen, that's all I have in the name of dating. I don't have a real-life partner as yet. Actually, my life is so busy currently that there's no time for love.

http://www.indiatimes.com/tv/anirrudh-dave-tvs-dabang-cop-57488.html

Thanks for the article Visha 😊 So AD is still single and has no time to mingle 😃
He is a cute guy, hope he finds the right one soon 😊
Thanks for the interview visha

Oh my AD get me into your life forever. I will never disturb u...hehaha
Sonali here is your chance to get to know AD 😉 and you never know you might be the lucky one 😃
Yes Sonali, he also gave a hint that he is single and his on screen wife's name is also Sona 😛😆
i already know about all these facts of him stated in the interview except the irrfan khan one...i am his biggest fan so know everything and yes i am also the one who praises his acting other than his good looks

Although it is never going to happen in real life but in my dreamland i am only and only in love to his previous character
aaye haaye...sona ...sona ji...whenever he says this, something happens to me as if AD is calling me with love...

Oh my love...i am there for u...just call me once
Why Sonali if you never try you will never know 😊 how long are you going to be dreaming about AD only and maybe one day it can become a realty for you 😉
because i know dear its never going to come...i have no chances of going to mumbai and AD calling me...these things do not happen in real life