Only Niketan stood by me all along: Urvashi (INT)

Posted: 11 years ago

Urvashi aces Bigg Boss

| Monday , January 14 , 2013 |
Urvashi Dholakia, the winner of Bigg Boss 6, can finally sleep for 18 hours while her teenage sons look after her prize money of Rs 50 lakh!

After Shweta Tiwari and Juhi Parmaar in the last two seasons, Urvashi Dholakia became the third TV actress to ace three months of "house arrest" to win the sixth season of Bigg Bosst2 caught up with the actress (best known for playing the deliciously-evil Komolika in the Balaji soap Kasautii Zindagii Kay) minutes after the win.

You must be on top of the world.

I normally am never short of words, but right now I have no words to express what I am feeling. I am happy, extremely happy. More than the excitement of winning, I am happy to see so many people after being under house arrest for three months. And do you know what's the best thing? I am getting to speak to you in English after conversing only in Hindi for 95 days (laughs)!

What was the winning moment like?

Before Salman Khan called out my name I was prepared for anything because it was supposed to be alag chhe (different)! This season anything could have happened. I was like, 'Whatever it is, I have come so far and I am not going to go away a loser.' I was very nervous. When my name was called out I just became numb for a moment and then it hit me: 'This is it!'

What if you had not won?

I would have considered it as one of the most beautiful and life-changing experiences for sure. It's not easy to survive three months locked up in a house with strangers, especially for someone as strong-headed and opinionated as me. Initially I suffered because of my nature but gradually I grew on everyone (laughs). With me, it was like love me or hate me, you just can't ignore me!

But you were always one of the favourites...

I am surprised everyone thought that way because I definitely did not. I had just packed enough clothes for three weeks and the last statement I made to my family was: 'What if nobody likes me? I think I will be back in less than a month.' But then my best friend told me, 'You are not going there to be liked by your co-contestants. You just be yourself.' I had never done a reality show before and I won my very first! I think that's huge.

Did your brutally honest nature work in your favour?

Totally. This is what I am; this is what I have always been known for. I had no secret agenda. I was just myself all the time.

What were your top moments on the show?

I think that would be the performance I put up as Raavan. Everyone thought it was a perfect fit (laughs)! Also, (Navjot Singh) Sidhuji and Mink (Brar) were the two best things that happened to me on Bigg Boss. I will cherish the memories of the time spent with them.

Would you have been as happy if your friend Niketan Madhok had won?

I would have been totally elated because he is the only person who stood by me all along. He was my strong and silent supporter throughout and even as a contestant he was one of the best this season and he truly deserved to win.

Did you ever want to quit the show?

Never. I am not a quitter; I am a fighter.

Your two teenage sons must be very excited.

They are very happy and very proud of their mother. And the briefcase (with the prize money of Rs 50 lakh) is in their hands, so you can imagine how excited they are!

Finally, what is the first thing you will do when you get home?

Sleep. For 18 hours straight!

Yayyy... Was waiting for her to say this... Niku was her pillar in the house...Edited by desicrowd - 11 years ago
Ahha...Was just inquiring in Nik's AT if Urvashi talked abt Nik in one of her interviews or not...and here its...Good job Urvashi !!
Yes Nik was your great support system/company  through out the show...He was always there for you...Loved your friendship, hope it stays the same after the show as well !! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
i love his " achhaa zara softly bolo"
He is a GEM ๐Ÿ˜Ž

No wonder each and every ex-housemate greeted him so warmly ๐Ÿ˜Ž
urvashi  jaldi jaldi  phir se koi reality show mein aayo plz ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

tumhari aadat si ho gayi hai
urva would ve been eliminated long back if she hadnt become frnds with Nik. Her behavior when she ws in gmm was weird.Nik helped her to calm down during her fights and supported her throughout. NIK deserved to win!
Urvashi  also stood by Niketan always...
they both share a beautiful friendship๐Ÿ˜Š
Niketan rocks!!!
He is always wih the truth!!!
Hope you still remain friends!!!
They finished the ending of the finale so soon. I would have loved to see nik's reaction and he atleast hugging urvashi after she won. But they did not show that. I am so disappointed.