Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hemachandra & Bindu's Chicago concert

ab_srgmp thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

At last....

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

PS: These two are very sweet, talented, humble people.  Hema is quite the entertainer;he's bubbly and funny on stage

Videos (Courtesy: Realmusic) at https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/339723

UPDATE:

The Meeting:

After the concert, I got to meet with Hema and Bindu for about a minute.  I just shared with them how much I enjoyed the show and I took a picture with Hema, and got his autograph.  There were more people waiting to greet him, so I kept it brief.  But the concert itself was made to be such a personal experience for everyone there that we all left there with such content hearts.

The Concert:

The whole time, Hema involved the audience, encouraging them to come on stage and dance with him (I did get that opportunity too, with a bunch of others), and cracked jokes in between songs, and during interludes.  It felt more like being at a family gathering.  Himabindu has such a beautiful voice quality and a good range to go with that.  Even after what was meant to be the last song, the audience requested more, and Hema and Bindu obliged (Even though they were so tired).  They sang three more songs, and Hema did an encore performance of the last song.  Talk about good kids.

These were the songs that were performed (they were all excellent, moving, entertaining, what can I say):

1. Hema- Kal Ho Na Ho
  2. Hema- Lekar Hum
  3. Hema - Endhuko Eto
  4. Bindu – Ao Naa
  5. Duet – Just Chill
  6. Duet – Ek Main Aur Ek Tu
  7. Hema – One Love
  8. Hema - Chali Chali (Bagbhan), with Bindu supporting
  9. Hema – Sabse Alag
  10. Bindu – Jaiye Aap Kahan (Asha Bhonsle)
  11. Hema - Nahin Samne πŸ˜ƒ
  12. Hema – Ramta Jogi
  13. Bindu – Silsila Yeh Chahat (Devdas)
  14. Duet – Nach Baliye (lot of energy)
  15. Hema – Das Bahane – (got to go on stage with my daughterπŸ˜ƒ)
  16. Hema - Woh Lamhe – This was meant to be the last song, but on audience request, he sang three more songs
  17. Bindu – Nuvu Osthaavante (Varsham)
  18. Duet – Jeene Ke Hai 4 Din
  19. Koi Kahe (Dil Chahta Hai) – gave an encore performance of this

Edited by ab_srgmp - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Aruna di, REALLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY glad that you got to see Hemu and Bindu at the concert and enjoy it !!

Will be waiting eagerly for the update and the pics πŸ˜ƒ
ab_srgmp thumbnail
ok updated. Photos will come a little later.
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing.waiting for the pics...ah! hemu's dulcet voice.you are so lucky!!!i hear hemu is doing a show with adesh!hope we will get the update soon!!!and pictures too!!
ab_srgmp thumbnail
Originally posted by: ankita31

thanks for sharing.waiting for the pics...ah! hemu's dulcet voice.you are so lucky!!!i hear hemu is doing a show with adesh!hope we will get the update soon!!!and pictures too!!

Thanks ankita.  Yes, I truly did feel lucky.  I will try to get the pics up ASAP. Would love to share with you all!
ab_srgmp thumbnail
Originally posted by: madhavi_r108

Aruna di, REALLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY glad that you got to see Hemu and Bindu at the concert and enjoy it !!

Will be waiting eagerly for the update and the pics πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks.  I was thinking of you.  Hope you get to see him soon (BTW, he seems good with kids too...πŸ˜‰).

Edited by ab_srgmp - 17 years ago
bigb thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the updates πŸ˜ƒ waiting for the pictures 😊
ab_srgmp thumbnail
Originally posted by: bigb

thanks for the updates πŸ˜ƒ waiting for the pictures 😊

My pleasure. πŸ˜ƒ
madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ab_srgmp

Thanks.  I was thinking of you.  Hope you get to see him soon (BTW, he seems good with kids too...πŸ˜‰).

πŸ˜†

Thanks for the update and for remembering me !!

I am really lucky that whoever went to see Hema and who knew me thought of me !!

And Aruna di, he looks like the kind of guy who would be nice with kids. Sighhhh................................. 😳

shesthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thankyou so much for the update. Sounds like it was a great concert. Its really nice when the show is a little more intimate rather than those huge "Bollywood type" concert crowds. You really feel like you're seeing the singers upclose. Nice selection of songs. I would love to hear Hema in concert someday. He's coming to NJ on July 22, but I'm leaving for India on 21st

Waiting for your photographs 😊

Thanks again,
Vinaya.