SS: Peehu Ram Kapoor last part on Pg 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Part 2 on Pg 3
Part 3 on Pg 4
Part 4 on Pg 5 - Last Part

Peehu Ram Kapoor

Peehu is tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep. She keeps having visions of Ayesha hitting Kush and shouting at her and is very disturbed. She sits up and realizes that she has wet the bed. Ayesha walks into her room and sees her sitting up.

Ayesha speaks in a really loud voice: How many times do I have to tell you not to get up? You know what I do to disobedient children? I punish them, so if you don't want to be punished you had better go back to sleep. I am sick and tired of your bad behavior and I will not let you spoil Kush too. Do you hear me?

Peehu looks at the bed and Ayesha notices that the bed is wet.

Ayesha: Oh God, Peehu, I didn't know you were such a baby. Now who do you think is going to clean your bed and change your clothes? Don't expect me to do it. Shame on you!

Peehu begins to cry: I want my Mamma, I want my Mamma!

Both Ram and Soumya hear her and come rushing to the room and see Peehu in tears and Ayesha by her bedside. Immediately Ayesha changes her tone of voice: It's alright Peehu, accidents happen. Now please'.

Ram cuts her short: Soumya, please help Peehu change. He looks at Peehu and says: Rockstar, please don't cry, you have not done anything wrong sweetheart. You will be fine.

Peehu: I want my Mamma.

Soumya draws Peehu close to her and tries to calm her down even as she is helping her change. Peehu is still bawling asking for her mother.

Ram is disturbed seeing Peehu in this state. He looks suspiciously at Ayesha: I told you to leave Peehu alone. She is not comfortable with you and there are others in the house to take care of her. Remember this I NEVER want to see you anywhere near Peehu in future. I hope I am clear to you.

In the mean time Rishabh, Dadi and KK also come to Peehu's room hearing her wailing. Ram tells KK what happened and says I don't know how to handle this Ma. If Priya was here, I am sure this would not have happened.

KK: A child of Peehu's age needs her mother and it is obvious that she is missing her. She doesn't want to say anything in case she hurts your feelings, so she is bottling up her emotions and this is just not good.

Ram thinks for a few minutes and then goes and picks up Peehu: My darling Peehu, Papa and Mamma love you very much. I am so sorry you are so sad. Is there something I can do to help you feel better?

Peehu continues crying: I want my Mamma.

Ram: Okay, let us go to see Mamma now. Shall we take Happy and Tiger with us?

Peehu: Can I sleep in Mamma's house?

Ram: Of course my dear. That is why we are going there now.

Peehu: Will you also come and stay with us?

Peehu's question takes Ram by surprise. He stops for a moment: Sure Rockstar, if that will make you happy, I will also stay there tonight.

Peehu holds on to Ram real tight and buries her face in his chest. For a moment Ram is reminded of Priya in his arms and looks down and gives Peehu a kiss on her head.

Priya is uneasy and restless. She remembers her conversation with Ram: Maybe I am over reacting because I have never stayed away from Peehu. I need to be strong or I will upset Peehu as well. Anyway, Ram lets me spend time with Peehu, so why do I feel so uneasy. As she is pacing up and down her room, she hears the doorbell and goes to open the door. On the other side, she sees Ram with Peehu in his arms.

Priya: What is the matter Mr. Kapoor? Is Peehu alright? I was worried about her. Why have you brought her here so late? She stretches out her hand and touches Peehu. Mr. Kapoor, she has a fever, please bring her inside and put her on the bed.

Peehu gets off from Rams hands and turns to Priya and hugs her. She starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Priya is very disturbed seeing Peehu's condition. She wipes her tears and takes Peehu in her lap and strokes her back gently even as she speaks in a soft comforting voice: Bachcha, what is troubling you Princess? You are now with Mamma and Papa, so there is nothing to worry. Remember we love you very much and you are safe with us. Please tell me if something is worrying you.

Peehu finally calms down but on and off she lets off a loud sob. She clings on to Priya and shuts her eyes tightly. She is not saying anything. Priya touches her forehead and signs to Ram to get the thermometer from the dresser drawer. Ram brings it and they check her temperature.

Ram looks at Priya questioningly: Is she having a temperature? He asks softly.

Priya puts her finger across her lips asking him not to talk and nods her head saying she has a fever. Ram puts his hand on Peehu's forehead and she opens her eyes to see who is touching her. Ram makes eye contact and smiles at her.

Priya talks softly to Peehu: Baby, can I put you down on the bed for a minute while I get you something to bring your fever down? Peehu shakes her head from side to side and clutches on to Priya even more tightly. She looks at Ram and signals to him telling him where the medicine is and Ram follows the instructions. Neha, in the meantime brings a bowl with water and a wet cloth to give her cold compress.

Priya: Peehu, here, sit up for a minute, Papa will give you the medicine and once you go to sleep, you will be fine. Peehu opens her mouth and takes the medicine that Ram gives her. He sits beside Priya and is gently stroking Peehu's back. Priya holds on to Peehu in a tight hug and rocks her slowly. In a few minutes Peehu is sound asleep and Priya gently sets her down on the bed. Immediately Peehu wakes up and starts to cry. Priya scoops her up in her lap once again and holds her close to her chest. She is looking very disturbed and tries her best to hide her tears which are just flowing down her cheeks. Ram sees this and wipes her tears so that they do not disturb Peehu. He gently rubs Priya's back and signs to her to keep calm.

Priya tries a couple more times to put Peehu down, but every time she moves her, Peehu clutches on to her even more firmly. Priya gives up the idea of putting her down and holds her close to her chest all night. She keeps applying the cold compress on her forehead till the temperature drops. She signals to Ram to lay down on the other side of the bed. At first Ram shakes his head and doesn't budge, but Priya persists and he goes to the other side of the bed and in no time he is asleep. Priya keeps glancing at Ram and Peehu in turns and smiles weakly at her two babies ' one small and the other not so small! She seems very worried. Neha pops her head in the room and sees Priya sitting very uncomfortably and offers to turn her so she can rest her back against the head board, but Priya refuses to move in case Peehu gets disturbed. She is willing to go through any lengths of discomfort and pain just to see her princess comfortable. She checks her temperature and it seems to have gone down so she stops the cold compress and gently strokes Peehu on her head and holds her close to her bosom. Peehu is fast asleep and is not holding on to Priya as tightly as she was for most part of the night.

Early next morning, the suns rays are streaming through the small cracks in the curtain. Ram and Peehu are asleep. Ram has his hand over Peehu who is also asleep in Priya's lap. Priya checks Peehu's temperature again and heaves a sigh of relief. She is waiting for Ram to wake up so he can tell her what led to this sudden insecurity. Deep in her heart, she feels Ayesha had something to do with it, but doesn't want to jump to any conclusions and give her the benefit of doubt. Neha comes into the room and is helpless as she looks at Priya. She talks in whispers to Priya because she doesn't want to wake up Peehu or Ram since they had a very restless night. She offers Priya some tea and Priya shakes her head. She doesn't want to do anything that might disturb Peehu. At the moment she needs a lot of rest and seems to be under stress. In about an hour or so, Ram slowly wakes up and rubs his eyes. He suddenly remembers what transpired last night and looks at Priya who is still holding Peehu and sitting in the same position. He gets out of bed and offers to hold Peehu while she gets some rest. Priya vehemently shakes her head from side to side as she doesn't want Peehu to be woken up. Ram goes into the living room and sees Neha in the kitchen. She offers him some tea and he accepts.

Neha: What happened last night Fatty?

Ram: I don't know Neha. I heard her crying loudly and went to her room. She had wet her bed and was sobbing saying she wanted her Mamma. Nothing would stop her, so after Soumya changed her I brought her over. Looks like she had a nightmare or something because by the time we reached here, she had a temperature. She seemed a bit embarrassed because she wet her bed, but otherwise I don't know what happened.

Neha: Poor child, she is going through a very harrowing time. Fatty, I think you need to take some decisions real soon.

Ram: What do you mean Neha?

Neha: I hope you realize that she needs Priya just as much or may be a little more than she needs you. She has known no one else but Priya all these years and suddenly she is being separated from her and thrown amidst a bunch of strangers. She is very comfortable with you, but it is impractical for you to be with her all the time.

Ram is deep in thought and looks at the cup of tea in front of him: Neha, can you make a cup for Priya as well, she has been sitting up all night in one of the most uncomfortable positions. She doesn't want to move for fear that she might disturb Peehu.

Neha: I asked her if I could make her some tea earlier and she refused.

Ram: Don't worry about that, I will take it in and give it to her personally. She cannot refuse me.

Neha goes into the kitchen and makes another cup of tea for Priya and gives the cup to Ram. He goes into the kitchen and takes a spoon with him and disappears into the bedroom.

Priya sees Ram approaching her with the cup and shakes her head saying she doesn't want it, but Ram takes a spoonful of tea blows into it to cool it down and puts the spoon near her mouth waiting for her to open it. At first Priya doesn't open her mouth and then realizes that the hot tea might fall on Peehu's head and scald her, so she quickly takes the spoon into her mouth. Ram looks at her and smiles. She glares at Ram for a brief second and then she also smiles at him. She says thank you to Ram when she is done.

Ram takes the cup back to the kitchen and returns with some breakfast. She looks at him and shakes her head as she smiles at him: I haven't brushed my teeth as yet Mr. Kapoor, she whispers and Ram widens his eyes and takes the plate back into the kitchen. He asks Neha for a spare toothbrush and goes and brushes his teeth. While he is in the restroom, his cellphone rings rather loudly and Peehu starts to wake up with the sound. Priya takes the phone and looks to see Ayesha's name flash. She cuts the call and looks down at Peehu, who looks up at Priya and rubs her eyes. Priya picks her up in her arms and hugs her close to her chest.

Priya: How is my princess feeling this morning? Did you sleep well?

Peehu: Mamma, I don't want to go to school today.

Priya: It's okay baby, you don't have to go today. Remember it is Saturday.

Peehu: Can I stay with you Mamma? I don't want to go to Papa's house.

Priya: Of course my princess, you can stay with me.

Peehu: Will Papa also stay here with us?

Priya: I think he is in the restroom, so you can ask him when he comes out. Now, what does Peehu want to eat? I can make you some hot aloo parathas if you want.

Peehu: I don't want any aloo parathas Mamma.

Priya is taken aback: What is the matter baby? I thought you loved aloo parathas.

Peehu: I am not hungry Mamma.

Priya: Okay, I will get you some milk now and maybe later when you are hungry, I will make you some aloo parathas. Now, let us go and brush our teeth. Even Mamma has not brushed as yet.

Ram comes out of the rest room and sees Peehu awake: Good morning Rockstar! How are you? He stretches out his arms waiting for Peehu to give him a hug, but she doesn't look at him and moves close to Priya.

Priya looks at Peehu and frowns. She is unable to figure out Peehu's strange behavior. There definitely seems to be something terribly wrong with her, because she never behaves like this. She knows how fond of Ram she is and so is all the more certain that something has happened that has upset her so much that she is behaving funnily.

Ram looks at Peehu and puts his arms down sensing her discomfort. He is also quite disturbed as none of them seem to have any answers. He comes and sits close to Priya and  gives Peehu his hand.

Peehu looks at Priya, who gestures her with her eyes that it is alright to hold her Papa's hand. She takes his hand in hers and holds on to it. Ram pulls her hand close to his mouth and gives her a kiss on her palm. She smiles at him.

Priya: Baby, I want you to go and brush your teeth so I can give you some milk and then you can have your medicines.

Peehu: Promise me you won't leave me and go away.

Priya: I promise you baby. I will not leave you and go anywhere.

She goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and comes back into the room and sees Priya sitting with her back resting on the head board. She puts her arm across her face covering her eyes. Peehu jumps back into bed next to Priya and puts her head down on Priyas tummy. As she jumps onto the bed Priya opens her eyes and smiles at Peehu.

Priya: Peehu, I am going into the kitchen to get you some hot milk and some toast. Once you are done with your milk and toast I have to give you some medicine so that you don't get a fever again like last night.

Peehu follows Priya into the kitchen and sits at the table with Ram and Neha. Priya makes breakfast for Peehu and Neha has already prepared breakfast for the rest of them, so they all sit down and eat together. Priya is in a real dilemma, because she wants to know what triggered this whole issue and at the same time she doesn't want to talk to Ram about it in front of her and she is having a hard time getting away from Peehu, because she is clinging on to her all the time. She calls Natasha and asks her if she can come and spend some time with them this morning. Within no time, Natasha is there and she is surprised to see Ram in his kurta pajama and Peehu in her night clothes. She frowns and is going to ask what happened when Priya gestures to her not to ask.

Nuts: Good morning Rockstar! What a pleasant surprise!

Peehu gets up from her seat and runs into Nuts arms and gives her a kiss: Good morning Bua.

Priya and Ram look at each other and Ram is scratching his temples. They are both relieved that Peehu is willing to go to Nuts without a problem.

Priya walks up to Peehu and Nuts: Peehu, will you play with Bua for a little while, I have to talk to Papa about something important.

Peehu: I don't want to go to Nanu's house. Can Bua play with me in our house?

Nuts: Sure sweetheart. I would love to stay here and play with you. First, let us have a shower and then we can sit down and play. She goes into the rest room with Nuts and comes out all clean in a yellow flowery dress.

She goes into Priya's room and gets out some board games and Peehu and she start to play. Ram goes into Priya's room with her. Priya asks him to sit on the couch beside the bed while she sits on the edge of the bed in front of him.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor, what happened last night? She seemed very scared and traumatized; I would really like to know what exactly happened. I have never seen her behave in this manner, so am quite surprised. She seems very insecure at this point of time and it is very important that we get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. Do you remember, I told you that her teacher also noticed some changes in her behavior at school.

Ram: Priya, to be very frank, I don't know what exactly happened. I was changing in my room when I heard her crying and ran to her room. She had wet her bed and was crying for you. She refused to be pacified by anyone and kept crying for you, so I thought the best thing would be to bring her to you so she could be comfortable. I thought she was feeling ashamed or something because she wet the bed, so I didn't even talk about it. Soumya changed her and I brought her over with Happy and Tiger. I notice that she is not comfortable with me unless you are around, so am really worried as to what is going on.

Priya: I am surprised she wet the bed, she has not done this since she was two years old and she is a very sound sleeper. Once she goes to sleep she only wakes up in the morning, so I am surprised with everything that happened last night. This surely looks like she was terrified about something or someone is frightening her. Mr, Kapoor, I know it is impossible for you to keep an eye on her all the time, but please make sure you are spending time with her when you are at home.

Ram: Priya, I think you are over reacting. I just went to change my clothes and came running as soon as I heard her cry. I brought her to you because she was crying and needed you. We have to find a way to sort out this problem and not make it worse by arguing about it. I know that she has been with you for five years and you know her best, but give me the chance to get to know her as well, Priya. I am trying hard, you know it.

Priya: You are misunderstanding me Mr. Kapoor. All I am saying is that Peehu's transition is affecting her health and we have to find a way to sort it out or she will be a very insecure child. You are not trying to understand my point of view. I know both of us want the best for her, but our differences are not helping her in any way. Why don't we get some professional help so that we are better equipped to handle the situation? I know there are so many separated parents in the world and they are bringing up their children just fine. We just need to know how to go about it and do what is best for Peehu.

Ram: Are you trying to say that there is something psychologically wrong with her? Why does she need help?

Priya closes her eyes and shakes her head: Mr. Kapoor you are going off at a completely different tangent. Peehu is not the one that needs the help, you and I do. Because of our differences, we are unable to do what is best for her. Can you not see her cry for help Mr. Kapoor. Bed wetting is a big sign of emotional imbalance in a child. They are not able to express themselves verbally so their frustrations manifest in physiological issues, like bed wetting, temper tantrums and so on. We need to get to the bottom of what is bothering her and help her get over the fears and deal with it in a better manner. Why don't we talk to the school psychologist first and see what she has to say?

Ram: Why don't we first talk to Peehu and see what she has to say first? If we are able to understand her problem, then we need not get outside help at all.

Priya: Okay Mr. Kapoor, I am fine with that. Let us talk to Peehu first and ask her what is troubling her. Then we can take it from there.

Ram looks at his watch: It is quite late now Priya, I don't have any clothes here, so I will go home and shower and come back later.

Priya: Will you be here for lunch?

Ram: Yes, I will. In the mean time please talk to Peehu and see if she tells you anything. If she is comfortable with talking to me about what is bothering her, then we can talk in the afternoon when I get back.

Priya nods her head and both of them come out into the living room where Peehu, Nuts and Neha are playing a board game. Peehu looks very comfortable and is laughing and chattering away as usual.

Ram: Rockstar, I am going home to shower as I don't have any clothes here. I will be back for lunch okay. You have fun with everyone till then.

Peehu's expression changes to one of worry and Priya notices that immediately: Papa, can you bring Kush also when you come back? He must be getting bored at home as he is alone.

Ram: I will try baby. Bye for now.

With that Ram leaves and Peehu goes back to playing. Priya is still very worried about Peehu and wishes she has all the answers.

Well friends, that's it for now. I was quite upset seeing Peehu's state and decided to start this small story. I think this is a very important track and they need to handle it right as it will open doors for many parents who have children with these kinds of issues. It is not rocket science or any sort of mental imbalance. Some parents and children need some counseling to help them cope with situations better.

Edited by sangautam - 11 years ago
awww this is very nice sandhya 
wish cv's handle this in this mature way instead of blaming each other 
hope u wer the cv of BALH😊
Originally posted by ramsakshiroxxx

awww this is very nice sandhya 
wish cv's handle this in this mature way instead of blaming each other 
hope u wer the cv of BALH😊

Thank you for your kind words. If I was CV's, I would unite Ram and Priya and have these social issues as separate tracks - child abuse, parenting guidance, divorce and other issues to create awareness in the public. TV is such a strong media to address issues that are plaguing the Nation and the world. They have such devoted audiences and they can help make the world a better place. But, the truth of the fact is that I am not the CV's so I like to vent through the forum and hope that the CV's read and listen.
Originally posted by sangautam

Thank you for your kind words. If I was CV's, I would unite Ram and Priya and have these social issues as separate tracks - child abuse, parenting guidance, divorce and other issues to create awareness in the public. TV is such a strong media to address issues that are plaguing the Nation and the world. They have such devoted audiences and they can help make the world a better place. But, the truth of the fact is that I am not the CV's so I like to vent through the forum and hope that the CV's read and listen.
exactly let dem reunite n den solve other problems 

Originally posted by ramsakshiroxxx

exactly let dem reunite n den solve other problems 

they are worried  about vik and neh but less worried about pihu and keep fighting? no logical.. 🤢
too g ud dear.. kaaash cvs itne mature hote...
very very nice OS, kids go through all kinds of trauma during phases like this and they are not able to express their feeling so easily, u have expressed it really well in ur os, please continue soon😊
Very nicely written Sandhya. The track is good, but  I hope the CV's handle it well.
the biggest challenge in the world is to understand someone's psychology and if that stands for a child it is the toughest, a child is the worst victim of broken family, yesterday episode made me sad, becoz of the ego of parents the child had to suffer, why?, why should the child suffer the burden of parents anger, we need to understand that child is the future of society and its our duty and responsibility to give the child a secure and happy life
tooo good
seriously wish we could get to see something like this
its so sad to see pihu going through so much at such a tender age
amazing writing sandhya👏👏
👏