Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq

When the tide turned .MithviFF-Part 17 updt Pg32 - Page 3

rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Here's the second part  ... hope it meets your expectations ! πŸ˜Š

RECAP: "Here, apply this on her wounds and you wife will be better in a couple of hours", he said.

Prithvi opened his mouth to deny the relationship, then decided against it, he didn't want to worry the old man. Following the priest's instructions he applied the paste over her wounds and on her forehead.

"The storm outside is ferocious" said the priest. "I have not seen the likes of it for the last 20 years. I had just gone to the village to get a few supplies; I thought I'd never reach home. I suggest you and your wife spend the night here, and you can take her to village in the morning".

Prithvi had to agree, though he was unhappy with the situation. She needed to see a doctor. He sighed and walked over to the priest who was rolling out his bedding at the other corner of the room, Would you please keep an eye on her? I want to check what's wrong with my jeep."

"Sure", agreed the old man. And I've also heated up some rice and dal, make sure you have it later. I doubt if your wife will wake up during the night. I'll make her some porridge in the morning", he said.

Gratefully Prithvi thanked him and went out to check on his jeep. But, outside the wind was blowing fiercely and he could hardly see anything, dry leaves and loose soil swirled in the courtyard and stung his eyes. Giving up on the idea, he returned inside.

The priest had dimmed the lantern and turned in for the night. He didn't feel like having a meal, so he just went up to the sleeping girl and stood by her side.  Her face looked pale and drawn, but at least she was asleep. He sat down on the ground by the charpoy, leaning against it and tried to sleep.

Sleep eluded him, the moment he closed his eyes he had visions of him throwing her off the cliff and her battered body lying on the branch. Never in his whole life had he felt so helpless before. 

Why? Why didn't he cross-check with Datha Takur before he decided to kill her. He knew it just wasn't like Datha to order him to do such a heinous deed. But years of unwavering obedience had conditioned him not to question Datha and he had committed a reprehensible crime.

The sounds of a sweeping broom woke him up. It was dawn. He stretched his long frame, loosened his stiff neck muscles. Gently he touched her forehead and sighed with relief, the fever had subsided. 

The priest was cleaning the courtyard which was covered with leaves and other debris left behind by the storm. He offered to clear it up and set about the task. He then drew water from the well and washed and cleaned himself as best as he could. Then he set off to check on his jeep. It was covered with dirt and leaves, fortunately no serious damage. He opened the hood and tinkered around. Then he tried starting it and it purred to life!  He breathed a sigh of relief and with a small smile patted the hood affectionately !

Meanwhile the priest had made some tea and porridge.

"Come here, my boy, have some tea. Then you must wake your wife and feed her some porridge, I will give her another dose of herbal tonic to keep the fever down".

Gingerly Prithvi placed his hand on her shoulder," Meera", he called, "Wake up, you need to eat something now". She moaned and slowly her eyes fluttered open.

Seeing Prithvi bending over her, concern writ large over his face, she mumbled," I knew you would come back for me". Prithvi clenched his fist and closed his eyes, he felt like such a low-life.

"Your husband has been worried sick about you", said the priest. Hearing this Meera jerked up and immediately cried out in pain holding her head. In a trice, Prithvi was at her side and gently made her lie down, "Sshhh, he said" Please don't exert yourself, we'll talk about all this later." 

Meera realized, the old man knew nothing about Prithvi's shameful deed; she gave him an angry look and clamped her mouth shut. Prithvi brought the porridge and told her, "Please have some of this, you need to take some medicine to keep the fever down. Then we'll be on our way back."

Meera was incensed at his behavior, just last evening he tried to kill her and here he was offering porridge and acting all worried about her. She resolutely looked away from him.

Sighing, Prithvi sat down beside her and spoke softly," Please Meera, the Priest thinks we are husband and wife. Please eat some of this, then I promise I'll accept any punishment you deem fit for what I did to you. Also we have to get back now and I want you to regain your strength for the drive back".

He scooped some porridge and held the spoon to her lips, she glared at him balefully and took a small sip of the hot liquid. It tasted incredibly good and she realized she was hungry. "I'll feed myself", she said and tried to take the bowl from his hands. "No, you're too weak", he protested.  One angry glare from her silenced him and he gave her the bowl.

"Now you have some porridge too", said the Priest told Prithvi, You have not had anything since last night. Meera looked at him and he avoided her eyes. If you think this noble act is going to make me forget what you did, you're mistaken Mr. Prithvi, she thought grimly.

Soon they had bid goodbye to the priest and started on their journey back to Baragaon.  After driving for fifteen minutes or so, Prithvi stopped the jeep at a small clearing in the woods.

Turning to her, he said" Look, about yesterday..."

"SHUT UP", she yelled." I don't want to hear any of your sorry excuses, Once again you tried to kill me and nothing you say or do will change that, just start the jeep and drive back, I'm going let Datha Thakur know about the callous and cruel behavior of his trusted lieutenant".

Phew ... there it's done ... so, what's the verdict ? πŸ˜³

Edited by rusha4003 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Superb. Mithvi as hubby-wife πŸ˜†. they really act sometime as husband wife and indeed priest thought the same. Oh no now Prithvi will be in trouble. Hope nothing major happens. Please update soon πŸ˜Š

BTW FINALLY I AM A 1STY ON YOUR POST
Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
AWESOME writing.πŸ‘..luved both the parts...Please do conitnue...
sue_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rusha, you write so flawlessly well!πŸ˜› Enjoyed reading a lot.. I was visualising each scene while reading. Do update the next part soon..πŸ˜ƒ
rusha4003 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sue_minaaa

Rusha, you write so flawlessly well!πŸ˜› Enjoyed reading a lot.. I was visualising each scene while reading. Do update the next part soon..πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Sue ... your compliments mean a lot to me !

BTW ... I'm Usha ! πŸ˜Š
rusha4003 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mariyakamran

Superb. Mithvi as hubby-wife πŸ˜†. they really act sometime as husband wife and indeed priest thought the same. Oh no now Prithvi will be in trouble. Hope nothing major happens. Please update soon πŸ˜Š

BTW FINALLY I AM A 1STY ON YOUR POST

Thanks Mariya ! 

Dont worry Mithvi will not be in any trouble ... I can never write anything negative ! πŸ˜† 
rusha4003 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Absoluv

AWESOME writing.πŸ‘..luved both the parts...Please do conitnue...

Thanks dear ... will continue soon !

BTW .. what do I call you ? I'm Usha ! πŸ˜Š
rusha4003 thumbnail
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my dear friends here ...

Here's my next update ... hope you'll find it good !

**********************************************************************************

Recap: 

"SHUT UP", she yelled." I don't want to hear any of your sorry excuses, Once again you tried to kill me and nothing you say or do will change that, just start the jeep and drive back, I'm going let Datha Thakur know about the callous and cruel behavior of his trusted lieutenant".

Part 3 ...

For a moment, Prithvi sat still, his hands gripping the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white. Then he closed his eyes, took a long breath and started the jeep again.

After a couple of miles, he stole a look at her and found her dozing. He noticed she hadn't got her seat belt fastened.  He slowed down to a halt, hoping she'd wake up, but she continued sleeping.

He leaned over to her side and gingerly pulled the seat belt towards the clamp. Suddenly she awoke with a start. Seeing his face  inches from hers, she screamed and he sprang back guiltily.

"I was just trying to fasten your seat belt, you had dozed off", he said defensively.

"You keep away from me", she hissed through gritted teeth, "I can take care of myself".

Once again he started the jeep and silence reigned between them.  Within an hour they reached the mansion of Datha Takur. He slowed down to a halt and jumped off the jeep. He walked over to her side and tried to help her out.

"Don't touch me", she glared at him. Slowly and painfully she got out of the jeep and limped into the house.

Sunheri was the first to reach her."Meera", she screamed, "Thank God you're well. We were so worried about you".

Hearing the commotion,  Kalki, Prabha and Lakhan too came over. Kalki and Lakhan were relieved that she was alive and they could continue their plot to trap Datha. Prabha helped Sunheri lead Meera to a seat.

Seeing that Datha was not there, Meera decided to keep quiet about Prithvi's misdeed. After all this was between her, Prithvi and Datha. No need to get everyone else involved, she decided.

"I want to go to my room, please", she requested Prabha.

"But, you're hurt badly," Sunheri protested. 

"I'll call our Doctor",  said Prabha and went over to the phone.

"I just need to rest, I'll be fine" Meera assured Sunheri.

And with a glare at Prithvi, which said this is not over yet, she slowly limped to the store room.

Lakhan caught that look between Meera and Prithvi and smiled gleefully. "So, Mr. Prithvi, the righteous '  did try to kill her after all. This is going to be fun, that girl will complain to Datha, let's see how Prithvi wriggles out of this one".

Meera gingerly lowered her aching body on her makeshift bed. She seemed to be aching all over. How she wished for a hot bath. She felt grimy and sticky all over.  

A tap on the door had Meera shoot up to a sitting position, she adjusted her dupatta, "God, there was absolutely no privacy here", she grumbled. It was Prithvi, and just as she began to yell at him again, she noticed he was carrying a large bucket of steaming hot water. He carried it into the bathroom behind the store room and placed it there.

"There's the water for your bath, it'll refresh you", he said softly, not looking into her eyes. "Please bolt the door of the store room and no one will disturb you".

Saying that he walked out of the room. "Prithvi being so kind ? to her ?? Unbelievable ! 

She was not going to be taken in by that, she decided. That was guilt speaking, he'll soon be back to his 'Mr. Stoneheart' avatar, she knew him well enough!

She picked up some fresh clothes and limped to the bathroom. As she poured the hot water over herself , she yelped, the cuts and bruises stung ! Cursing Prithvi once again, she carefully bathed her wounds, the wound on her calf was the worst, where the trap had bitten into her flesh. She needed to get a tetanus shot as soon as possible.

Soon she was resting on her hay-bed feeling quite refreshed. But she began feeling feverish again and her wounds throbbed with a dull pain. The effects of the priest's medicine had worn off she guessed. She tried to cover herself with her shawl and sleep, when she heard a knock on the door, feeling too weak to get up, she called, "Come in".

There was Prithvi with another man who undoubtedly was the doctor. She felt relived; at least she could get proper medical care now. After examining her doctor gave her a shot of tetnus and also some pills for the fever and pain. She noticed Prithvi had discreetly left the room when the doctor was examining her.

The doctor stood up and told her, "Please rest for a couple of days and you'll be fine". He then called out to Prithvi and told him to give her the medicines in time and also see that she had something to eat and plenty of fluids.

"I do not need him to look after me", she said coldly. "Please give me the pills and I will take them as per your instructions".

"My child, you are ill, and you need someone taking care of you. And you won't find a more gentle person than Prithvi for that" said the doctor.

"Well, you don't know him very well, do you? " muttered Meera and looked away.

So... how was it ???   ... Eager to hear from you all ! πŸ˜Š

Edited by rusha4003 - 11 years ago
sue_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hiii Usha!! πŸ˜› Loved it.. How I wish the CVs gave us something like this! I really didnt like Friday's episode much..πŸ€” I am really in love with this soft, sweet and caring Prithvi! β˜ΊοΈ Once again, kudos for the fabulous writing.. waiting for the next part!πŸ˜› And, Happy New Year to you dear!!! πŸ˜Š
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Usha, you updated.  thank you.

LOVE LOVE LOVED it.  Your characterization is much better than the show.  The husband wife misunderstanding is great.

Can't wait to read more!!!