Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
^ its from kamban ramayana here sitaji had cursed lakshmana wen he didnt go in search of lord rama she cursed him tht if anyone would touch her against her wishes he will be burnt alive it was the curse tht became boon for herself and ravana was cursed wen he forced himself on rambha..he couldnt touch any other woman without her consent thus he lifted the cottage and went away ðŸ˜³ 
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: arti07

^ its from kamban ramayana here sitaji had cursed lakshmana wen he didnt go in search of lord rama she cursed him tht if anyone would touch her against her wishes he will be burnt alive it was the curse tht became boon for herself and ravana was cursed wen he forced himself on rambha..he couldnt touch any other woman without her consent thus he lifted the cottage and went away ðŸ˜³ 

ravan forced himself on rambha .. really ? 😲
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

hi guys ..m in total dukhi and aloof mode...COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED😭
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: nneeiill

ravan forced himself on rambha .. really ? 😲

yaa he did and nalakubera cursed him😳..do u know i have read one version which depicts tht vedavati was doing penance and ravana came and forced himself on her and then she became pregnant and gave birth to sita and then she gave her daughter to king janak saying tht her duaghter will be the cause of ravana's death and she jumped into fire...later on vedavati appeared as maya sita as she resembled her daughter and she went with ravana ...😳 quite strange ðŸ˜³ and one more thing once ravana molested and wounded the lips of Dvaipayana's sister on the instigation by supernakha ...dvaipayana who was present there grew angry and said his sister would be mutilated by a shree vishnu.....
Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Many Many happy returns of the day Janaki ðŸ¥³

Incense thumbnail

ganga has already shared the  lakshmana and supernakha's son encounter here are the excerpt from kamban 

The Death of Sambukumaran...

"Look, brother, here is the Godavari,
     lying as a necklace on the world
Nourishing the rich soil
     rushing over waterfalls
Flowing through the five regions
     in clear, cool streams,
Like a good poet's verse.[2]

"Look, Laksmana, look at this wonderful river, which we have reached after taking delicate Sita over these rough jungle paths, through thickets of thorns, through ominous forests, past dangers and animals, unknown and hidden from us on our long journey.[3] And, finally, look at this river, the lovely Godavari! It must be the Godavari because the poets say that of all the rivers on this earth the Godavari is the most beautiful, even more beautiful than the Ganga. Now, in this verse, the word puvi refers to the Earth Goddess, who wears the river like an ornament, but the river is more than just a sparkling jewel. Like two hands cradling the land, its banks support pious Brahmins who recite the Ramayana , the Mahabharata , theBhagavata Purana , and other sacred books that tell us when to marry, how to live the four stages of life, when and where to travel at auspicious moments, how to perform dharma and sacrifices with the correct mantras and oblations. And that is how the Godavari feeds this special place of five landscapes, called 'Panca-vati.'[4]

"The poet says that the Godavari lies like a necklace on the earth, but the river also flows, it moves, like a poem. The word 'verse' in these lines refers to the poetry in Valmiki's epic, those lines so dense with meanings that you need one commentary to find the literal meaning of his words and another to tell you their hidden meaning.

? 61 ?

The Godavari, you see, resembles poetry because it, too, has sound and beauty and motion.

"Do you know what is truly special about this river? When one newly arrives at a location, one must build a house, which requires consulting the house-sastrasfor selecting a site, finding trees, bringing wood, conducting a sacrifice and then apuja . Most places have one or two flowering trees, but look around—there are flowers everywhere. And look at these forests—the very banks of the Godavari are hands that hold up forests and offer these flowers at our feet. Tell me, Laksmana, have you ever seen anything so wonderful?

See the trees rising high
     sandalwood and eaglewood, silk-cotton and pepper trees;
See them rising high above us
     along the river banks;
These forests are full of demons,
     but we will perform tapas here.

"Laksmana, there are five kinds of trees here, just as there are five types of landscape. We know that the forests are infested with demons who steal, kill, drink, lie, and abuse Brahmins—the five heinous crimes—but don't worry, little brother. It is for that very, reason that we must perform religious austerities [tapas ] here. That's our purpose on earth—to root out evil and protect the good—isn't it? We'll fight anyone who opposes dharma.

"But what actually is dharma? They say it's the earthly embodiment of an unreachable god who stands in front shielding us, like a fence protecting a field. Dharma stands on four feet—truth, charity, meditation, and dharma itself—in the form of a cow, and it stands on two feet in the form of a Brahmin. Dharma has been attacked by demons since the beginning of time, especially here in Pancavati, so we must stay and destroy them. But, first, we must build a hut to sleep in. Go into the forest, Laksmana, and cut down trees."

[Laksmana  replies :]

"Merciful Lord who upholds Brahma's many worlds,
Great Lord who snapped Siva's bow,
Watch my hands work quickly for the hut will be built
Not by me, but by your own tapas .

"Rama, you support all these worlds created by Brahma, and you cracked that boss, at Janaka's palace. How can what I do be anything

? 62 ?

but your work? [Moves to extreme right hand of screen ] Let's see, what tree shall I cut down?

Bears and tigers are everywhere they say;
Oh, I hear a lion! Better hide and shoot;
But, look, that's no lion—
Only cuckoo birds chattering away!

"Well, I shot the arrow anyway and drove away those dangerous birds. [Sambukumaran puppet placed in tree .][5] Now, look, somehow a sword came into my hand, and it's perfect for cutting down trees. [He swings the sword against the tree in which Sambukumaran has been placed. ]

Alone in this forest
     with a sword from the gods;
I strike this tree
     and a body falls in a river of blood;
What evil this act will bring
I do not know.

"I wished only to build a hut and now I have killed! I don't understand, but I fear evil consequences. One thing is certain: I cannot use this blood-stained tree."

[Moving to another part of the forest, Laksmana cuts down other trees, sinks them into the ground, lashes thick branches on them, and builds the forest but. Laksmana moves back to Sita and Rama, who speaks :]

"Laksmana, is the hut ready?"

"Yes, but something terrible happened ...

I cut down a demon when I cut down a tree,
Why I cannot say—who knows what the gods do?
But the hut is complete for you and Sita to enter,
As I guard the south protecting you from evil.

"Rama, what does this demon's death mean? Something is very, wrong. But for now please enjoy the safety of this hut and rest assured that I will protect you both."

"Sita, let us enter the hut." [All three puppets move toward the but .]

"Oh, Rama, look. The hut is perfect. Laksmana is a genius.

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Happy birthday Janaki...
@Arti sach mein where is your charan...PHD yaar .😃

Incense thumbnail
 ^ it is said tht supernakha arrives here in search of her lost son ( in some versions she is bringing food as usual to her son), who was last seen deep in penance, praying since the last 12 years to Lord Siva after being antagonized by his uncle Ravana (who killed his father), hung upside down from a tree. This son bears the name Sambukumaran, born to Surpanakha after many months of penance. 

Jambukumaran after praying to Indra (some say Siva) gets a powerful killer sword 'Suryahasa' as a boon, but is mollified and is not interested in such things. Indra assures him that it will be of help ( but Sambu does not accept it and it is hanging in the air above his tree where he continues his penance. Lakshmana who is wandering around, sees it and drawing it, he cuts the bamboo bushes down to get wood for their new home, accidentally killing Sambu in the process.  Lakshmana in despair after the event, decides to kill himself, but Narada comes along and tells him that it was an asura he killed, not a holy sage or a Brahman, so the matter is forgotten.
Then again, there is this other version which states that Sambukumaran actually saw Sita while taking a break from his penance and fell in love with her. In order to continue to spy on her, he took the form of a tree opposite their place of stay. This tree was felled by Lakshmana who recognizes his evil intention (p.s: i love how our lakshmanji protected sitaji )

There is even a story in Brahmachakra that Surpanakha had two daughters whom Lakshmana killed, as they were on guard in the Kishkinda forest, but I could not find any further details on this angle. Most other sources mention only the lone son of Surpanakha and not any daughters 

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Happy Birthday Janaki ...hope you had a gr8 day !!!!
EXOL thumbnail
Originally posted by: arti07

yaa he did and nalakubera cursed him😳..do u know i have read one version which depicts tht vedavati was doing penance and ravana came and forced himself on her and then she became pregnant and gave birth to sita and then she gave her daughter to king janak saying tht her duaghter will be the cause of ravana's death and she jumped into fire...later on vedavati appeared as maya sita as she resembled her daughter and she went with ravana ...😳 quite strange ðŸ˜³ and one more thing once ravana molested and wounded the lips of Dvaipayana's sister on the instigation by supernakha ...dvaipayana who was present there grew angry and said his sister would be mutilated by a shree vishnu.....

interesting tales..yea some version do say sita was ravan's daughter..and who is dvaipayana..difficult name