NAME DECLARED FOR HOUSEWIFE

Posted: 11 years ago

😛😛WOW...I LOVE MY NAME EVEN MORE NOW...SONA DARLING😊

Suhasi Dhami

Tiffin for hubby.  Homework with the kids. Picking and dropping them off at school. Scolding the dhobi for late deliveries. Papa' s High BP pills on time. Bargaining with the grocer. Supervising the bai's work. Handling the Bank accounts. Maa ji's special diabetes food. She pulls off all this and more in a day ' yet you think it's only you who deal with a "To-Do" list, deadlines and pressure because you go to office and she sits at home! Her tasks probably outnumber yours. But being a housewife is NOT a job, just because she doesn't bring home a paycheck?

It's time to give that notion a re-think! Waking viewers up to the fact that being a housewife is not just a respectable choice but a challenging job that calls for resourcefulness, creativity and tact is Zee TV's latest primetime show 'Housewife hai ' Sab Jaanti Hai'. In fact, the show captures how housewives can teach even the world's biggest CEOs the art of multi-tasking! Set in Allahabad, the show features Sona, a journalist who consciously decides to leave her job and be a housewife on getting married. The show will explore how she applies her intelligence to being a smart housewife, plays her cards well and sets an otherwise dysfunctional family back on track!         

The show marks the exciting comeback of the beautiful Suhasi Dhami who shot to fame and ruled millions of hearts as Aabha in Zee TV's Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. Playing a feisty and spunky Sona will be quite a departure for the actress from her previous portrayal of the Rajshri-style idealistic beti. The veteran film and television actress Himani Shivpuri will be seen as her greedy, self-centered, dominating mother-in-law, ever brimming with snide remarks and sarcasm.   

Speaking of her new role, Suhasi said, "I am extremely glad to be back on Zee TV with my role of Sona in Housewife Hai ' Sab Jaanti Hai. The very premise of the show excites me as I feel strongly about the subject. It's sad how a lot of people say ' Oh, she doesn't do anything, she's a housewife! I find that statement ridiculous because people fail to realize the mountains most housewives move in the course of an average day. Households that run like well-oiled machinery will come to a standstill and families will fall apart if these hardworking women stop doing the job they do! Yet, they are constantly made to feel like they do not make a significant contribution. I am extremely glad to be a part of a show that highlights the dignity that exists in being a housewife and gives them their due respect."

The show is produced by Gulshan Sachdeva and will shortly premiere on Zee TV.   

http://cityairnews.com/content/zee-tv-suhasi-dhami-returns-%E2%80%98housewife%E2%80%99
Edited by sonali.singh - 11 years ago
Am surprised the article doesn't even mention AD's role in it... i'm wondering if AD's signed himself a role in a totally female-centric serial where he really does take the back burner and comes onscreen once in 3 episodes...that'll be quite difficult for us to digest after watching him play a role like Indu Singh... probably at the max an Om or a Mihir... 😕  ...whatever it is these guys really never could take the place of Tulsi or Parvati... 

Yes, their writeup might make this premise sound different to other saas-bahu serials but truly its not... its the same ideology we see playing in all of them...the ideal bahu who faces all obstacles, sacrifices everything and forever tries to straighten up her warped household... she gets blamed for a lot of things and gets little praise in return, but in real she's nothing short of a devi... 

Additionally, there's not even an inkling of 'love' quotient mentioned in the story anywhere...(like arranged marriages have no romance whatsoever humph) so bar the usual 'ironing her husband's clothes and giving it to him in the morning' scenes, I don't see scope for much romance...waaah

btw AD'S character doesn't look like he's an MCP or anything...looks like she decided to give up her job by herself so thank God for that...hope he's not featured like a cranky whiny grumpy husband and instead a loving supportive one... 
Edited by lashy - 11 years ago
i have the same fear like u lashy but still AD par trust krna padega..kch sochke hi usne serial liya hoga
Well not necessarily Sonu... many skilled actors have made wrong choices too...

but trust me when I tell you this...I'll be the happiest person if someone eventually is able to tell me 'See lashy you got it all wrong! AD's role in this serial is ace!'
same to same lashy...gar mujhe uska role pasand nahi aaya to mai to use bol dungi

housewife housewife sun sun ke pareshan ho gayi hun
Btw their names Sona and kanhaiyya was already mentioned by AD and Suhasi in their interview few days ago Sonu.. 
yes i feel the same...but ho skta hai kynki sona bolne par suhasi ne blush karke kanhaiyya bola tha
I hope AD decision to take up serial is rite.and he reaches heights from this serial.

But RJN was also female oriented but his charcter became more popular than sanchi
Originally posted by lashy

Well not necessarily Sonu... many skilled actors have made wrong choices too...

but trust me when I tell you this...I'll be the happiest person if someone eventually is able to tell me 'See lashy you got it all wrong! AD's role in this serial is ace!'

I would gladly tell you that...when the time comes. Am I the only optimist here 😆
i hope A.D ka role bhi bada ho isme yaar... housewife ke saaath saath hubby ko dhikhayenge toh aur fun lagega... 
not a big fan of suhasi.. but as she has great fan faollowing dekhna padhega , how she spreads her magic...  but will have to wait and watch how their chemistry works onscreen... and fingers crossed A.D ko baar baar onscreen dhikhaana chahye... gosh missing him.. missing his eyes... his style.. his jhallak☺️ lubb you A.D