sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Nikkhil Arya down in the dumps

ishq kabhi kariyo naa: Nikkhil Arya

The reason? A rumoured 'relationship gone wrong' with actress Karishma Tanna
Shaheen Parkar
[email protected]

What ails Nikkhil Arya? The actor was spotted at Ekta Kapoor's bash over the weekend looking a tad lost and forlorn. Arya, who features as Rudra in Balaji's afternoon soap, Kesar, was recently in the news after he realised he was out of Aroona Irani's show Vaidehi on Sony. Is this the reason he is still upset?
Says a friend, "Nikkhil has been feeling low lately. He is generally a livewire, but nowadays, he has become quiet and withdrawn."
Profession hazard
Was it due to professional non-happenings? "Partly," says the friend. "In fact, even though the buzz doing the telly rounds was that Kesar was to end, the show is still very much on. Nikkhil now has a major role in it with a brand new track. He has left the Vaidehi episode behind."
So what was the real reason behind Nikkhil being upset? "It's due to personal and professional reasons," continues the friend. "He doesn't want to talk about it, but the fact that things not happening on the personal front, is also upsetting him. He has become extremely sentimental about the whole affair."
Heart of the matter
It is reliable learnt that for the past six months, Arya and actress Karishma Tanna had become real close. They had been spotted together on the party circuit, and also spent time together in Goa last December.
Though both actors have been linked with other actors, Tanna and Arya had bonded well in the last couple of months. Tanna was also part of his birthday bash in December. It was a dual celebration for Arya as he had combined his birthday party with the housewarming of his new pad in Malad. They were also together at Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa finale earlier this year.
Friends and lovers
So what went wrong? When asked, Arya prefers not to divulge too much. "Too many things are happening at the same time, in both my professional and personal lives. I don't want to say anything more about it." The actor adds that, of late, people have been asking him why he has been spotted alone in the social circuit. "I tell them I have become like my character Rudra — withdrawn and not in a relationship!" Tanna, on the other hand, was forthright. "Nikkhil is a dear friend. We sometimes go out together, and sometimes, we don't. Lately, we haven't. But there is nothing more to it. I have always maintained that the day I find Mr Right, I will be the first to shout from the rooftops about it!"
All the world's a stage
At the moment, Tanna would rather talk about her professional life. She is doing a cameo in two Star Plus shows, Viraasat and Pyaar Ke Do Naam — Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam. She also makes her theatre debut in Vandana Sajnani's The Perfect Wedding in which she plays the bride. "I am terribly excited as well as nervous about doing theatre. The play opens July-end," she says.
he isn't my Mr right: Karishma Tanna

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks for the article