Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK humor reminiscent of Hrishikesh Mukherjee

aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Anyone who has seen Hrishikesh Mukherjee's films will be quick to tell you that his  films echoed middle class sensibilities, always accompanied with honest, clean, fresh story telling with a message in the end. Now, his comedies are all classics, be it Chupke-Chupke, Golmal or Khubsoorat, how can anyone forget these movies? 

Ever since I heard of the EMA track between husband and wife, the thought that immediately struck me was this is something that Hrishikesh Mukherjee would do, infact at the onset this track reminded me of Chupke-Chupke. But I wanted to first witness how this track was treated before making a post, and so far I have not been disappointed. This track so far has been easy on our eyes and senses with its subtle wit and humor, where even a discussion on a serious issue such as a generation gap problems was carried out with easy elan. The comic track has been superb and has not been reduced to mere slapstick, but has been laced with intelligent humor, witty dialogs and perfect comic timing.  All the dialogs and the excellent delivery and expressions of all the actors throughout this week have given us a lot to laugh about, feel happy, a lot of food for thought and definitely a good's nights sleep. Keep it up KTLK.

KTLK, in all its glory matches Hrishikesh Mukherjee's basic setting, that is middle class people with middle class values. At the end of last week and early this week we saw how Ashu hesitated to introduce Nidhi as his wife to the dreaded Dr. Dracula, erm Dubey. And for her part Nidhi tried her best and gave enough hints to Ashu to do that but in vain. And each time Ashu mustered courage and stepped forward to do that, he was hit with a derogatory comment from his mentor, about Nidhi no less. So he backs down, giving Nidhi the perfect opportunity to prove to him, DD and everyone else that looks and age can be deceptive, as well as first impressions. 

Its all about breaking the mould and the myths. Someone like DD, with his years of experience and maturity can become jaded and very rigid in his ways. We saw this in his insistence of discipline and slapping of fines for everything that was not done his way. We saw Nidhi trying to gently, yet sarcastically point out to him the futility of such measures. Her point is there was no need to treat them like school going kids. At the same time Ashu's reluctance to acknowledge their relationship has given her the best excuse to prove herself. She is out to prove to DD and Ashu that in their maturity, they sometimes forget small, simple pleasures of life, like spending a few minutes enjoying a cup of good tea. She wants to show that DDs thoughts are so stereotyped that when he sees Ashni together, he automatically assumes an EMA, when he could have asked Ashni about their relationship! 

So, lets see how misconceptions are dealt with, mysteries solved and memories created. Lets see how a few of life's lessons are learnt. Humor is the key to the success of this track and the entire team has done a stupendous job in portraying this aspect, which is also proving to be the highlight of this track. Its naughty, wicked, intelligent, yet very subtle and thought provoking.

Lets refresh our memories with some of the best, most humorous dialogs of this week:

Ashu: Main koi teddy bear nahin hoon jise aap khushi ke mare hug karna chahe!

Nidhi: Khayal nahin rakhe ka kya fine hai?

Nidhi: Sir, mere paas ek idea hai. Kyon na app galtiyaan karne ke liya monthly paas issue karde, jaise 50 galti ke liye ek pass, 100 galti ke liye ek pass, 200 galti ke liye ek pass, taki hum staff members aaram se pass lekar galtiyaan karte rahen.

Nidhi: How true. Aap kitne busy hain. Aap ke paas mere liye time nahin hai. Aapke paas sirf apne umr ke loogon ke liye time hai. Aapke paas biwi ke liys time nahin, biwi ke pass TV dekhne ke liye time nahin, isliye biwi jaa rahi hai TV dekhne!

Ashu: Mei auraton ko kab samjonga, dusroka dimag kholkar dekh sakta hu ke usme keya hai, magar apne biwi ka dil kholke nahi dekh sakta ke usme keya hai, magar waha bhi mei hi mila toh? I'll look like a fool. 

Nidhi: Agar main doctor nahin truck driver hoti toh app mujhse shaadi nahin karte?

Nidhi: Unhone jab mujhe shaadi ke liye poocha toh main hansi, jab hansi toh phasi...

Nidhi: Nahin Dr. Ranga... aap nahin doobenge, main nahin dooboogi, doobege toh sirf Dr. Dubey... Dr. Dubey toh already doobay !

Ranga: I have no idea Sir!

Friends, please add on your favorite funny dialogs of this track.
Edited by aardhan - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karajekar thumbnail

i also loves his movies

very much ,superb movie

every sunday i will sit & watch his & amol paleker movie

rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
last too episodes were Rain of dialogues. Kya likhe kitna likhe.
But still I loved 
* Dr.Nidhi jab tum frock pahenke balon me ribbon dalke fairy tales padhti thi tab main MBBS ki tayari kar raha tha.
rabzonedge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
awesome post Aarti..
Mera fav dialogue hai.."i have no idea sir"..and "iss umr mein aisa chichaurapan shobha nahi deta"..i laughed so hard..
debaparna77 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Aarti, i'm a big big fan of HM...n khoobsurat is one of my all time fav 😃

Loved all d dialogues between DD n Rangu...

excellent post !
ssktlk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even i was reminded of HM humor in the last episode and DD reminded me of utpal dutt. Khoobsurat my fav too.
ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Finally u made ur own thread Aartiji... 👏 I love HM films - can watch them anytime and have watched all of them countless times!!! Excellent post 👍🏼 Loved it totally and loved all the dialogues that u have mentioned!! Dr. Rangnath's line:"I have no idea" crowns them all!!! 🤣

I loved that "frock, ribbon and MBBS ki taiyaari" dialogue also along with all lines from Nidhi when she was talking to Ashu's photo. 🤣Edited by ttrocks - 11 years ago
Roza_DU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Aardhan...there are so many funny dialogues to mention ...I have made two post already & quoted some funny dialogues..I am a  big fan of HM's movies..
Loved your analysis.  Edited by Roza_DU - 11 years ago
aardhan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: karajekar

i also loves his movies
very much ,superb movie
every sunday i will sit & watch his & amol paleker movie

Yeah, all HMs comedies are classics, one can never get bored of them. 😛
aardhan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rajanigandha26

last too episodes were Rain of dialogues. Kya likhe kitna likhe.
But still I loved 
* Dr.Nidhi jab tum frock pahenke balon me ribbon dalke fairy tales padhti thi tab main MBBS ki tayari kar raha tha.

Ofcourse, that dialog was a highlight, a nice way to explain age gap, but very funny to hear it being said. 😉