Navjot Singh Sidhu to leave Bigg Boss tomorrow

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Navjot Singh Sidhu to leave Bigg Boss tomorrow: Wife
Navjot Singh Sidhu More Pics

Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu is set to quit Bigg Boss after a month long stay on the reality show as BJP wants him to campaign in Gujarat, his wife said today.

"Till yesterday I had no doubts about him (Sidhu) staying on the show, but I received a call from BJP Chief Nitin Gadkari asking me that he is needed by the party for poll campaigning in Gujarat," Sidhu's wife Navjot Kaur said in a press conference.

"After I received a call from Gadkari yesterday, I spoke to the channel people. They told me that they will talk to Sidhu and seek his version first. However, I am sure if I asked him something he will do it... he will campaign in Gujarat," she said.

When contacted, TV channel Colors' spokesperson confirmed that they had received a request from Sidhu's wife.

"We have received a request from Navjot Kaur to relieve her husband from Bigg Boss house urgently to resume his party work with BJP. We are deliberating on this request," a spokesperson told .

Kaur denied that Sidhu, who had become a "fatherly figure" on the show, joined Bigg Boss on his own.

"He went into the reality show after taking permission from the BJP high command. Sidhu's political ambition is above personal equations. It's an order from the party," said Kaur, adding that Sidhu, who is the BJP MP from Amritsar, will come out tomorrow as it is a "political compulsion".

When asked why Sidhu opted to participate in the show when he knew Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat elections were due, his wife said, "He never thought that he would stay in the Bigg Boss house for such a long period of time. Sidhu was expecting that nobody will tolerate him for long.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Navjot-Singh-Sidhu-to-leave-Bigg-Boss-tomorrow-Wife/articleshow/17143335.cms