Sidharth Malhotra is nephew of Manish malhotra

Posted: 11 years ago

Maninee Mishra is an eternal optimist and believes that she will soon get her due in Bollywood

• Tags: 
    • cameo
    • Student of the Year
    • Maninee De Mishra
By TellychakkarTeam 27 Oct 2012 - 05:15
Print    
Make font size smallerMake font size defaultMake font size larger
Maninee De Mishra

Talented and versatile actress Maninee De Mishra is happy with her cameo role in the recently released hit movie of Karan Johar, Student of the Year. The actress whose major claim to fame movie till date happens to be Krrish 2 has also done few other movies like Rules - Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula and 7 1/2 Phere: More than a Wedding.

Talking about Student of the Year, Maninee says, "I agree that I had a small role to play, but nobody will be stupid enough to reject an offer to work with Dharma Productions. One more reason for accepting this role was because the project was helmed by Karan himself. He would jokingly call my character Chudail Chachi (Abhi's aunt)."

Maninee who had great expectations towards a flourishing Bollywood career after playing the friend of Priyanka Chopra in Krrish 2 has no qualms in admitting that her Bollywood journey has failed to take off. "Apart from Krrish 2, I have done cameos inFashion and Ashok Chakra: Tribute to Real Heroes, but nothing meaty came my way. Having said this, I am an eternal optimist and believe from the bottom of my heart that I will get my due for sure."

She also accepts that it is very tough for an outsider to break into the A-league of Bollywood. "Why look far, all the three leads of Student Of The Year i.e. Alia Bhatt ( Mahesh Bhatt's daughter), Varun Dhawan (David Dhawan's son) and last but not the least Sidharth Malhotra (nephew of fashion designer Manish Malhotra) are insiders. Tell me honestly, would other equally talented youngsters get such big breaks, so early in their careers."

Maninee also feels a bit sad that most TV actors fail to make the cut to films. "This especially happens when they have tried to get main lead roles (Aamna Shariff). I guess they feel we have become over exposed."

K-Jo wanted to cast Gauri, I guess.  ðŸ˜†
how many nephews Manish Malhotra has?? ðŸ˜•
Punit Malhotra is also Manish's nephew...
According to Sidharth, he is not.

"No, I am not related to (designer) Manish Malhotra or (filmmaker) Punit Malhotra," clarifies easy-on-the-eye Sidharth Malhotra, whose surname often leads people to assume that he's from Bollywood.

When she comes on TV, my mom always say that shahrukh khan ki biwi ðŸ¤£
Sid is NOT Manish Malhotra's nephew...
He has said this numerous times!

This woman worked with him and doesnt even know that!

If he is then its awkward. Karan has banged both uncle and Nephew then.😕😆
Originally posted by nimmi

Sid is NOT Manish Malhotra's nephew...
He has said this numerous times!

This woman worked with him and doesnt even know that!

or its possible that this woman worked with him and thats y she probably found this out on the sets. anythings possible in bollywood. they culd be somehow related and they might be hiding this on purpose to show that they dont only give chances to people related to the industry...who knows
 why everyone is trying to relate Siddharth to Manish coz of malhotra factor ðŸ¤£