Where have you heard this tune?

eyeofnewt thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey there fellow mytho fans. I was wondering if any of you could pinpoint the specific episodes/moments in the Ramanand Sagar Shri Krishna (and perhaps Ramayan) series where the following instrumental tune was played.

It starts at the 12:00 minute mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtLSKVHhDQ

Its such a lovely ditty (probably scored by musical composer Ravindra Jain) and I'd like to find the most complete version available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Not exactly the same perhaps but two more very similar tunes.

27:30 into this
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaws7qRBPmk[/YOUTUBE]

And 23:30 into this
Edited by ShivangBuch - 11 years ago
eyeofnewt thumbnail
Thanks, ShivangBuch. The second link is especially useful since it's an extended melody. 

If anyone else has extended instrumentals from these serials to share--especially the one I'm looking for--then please continue to share.
eyeofnewt thumbnail

The Murlidhar video reminded me of a lovely Hariprasad Chaurasia tune from Gopaal Krishna, which can be heard at 1:03:27:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-wasq5TVY

Also, thanks to the lovely lola for sharing many rare songs from the Sagar serials.

Edited by eyeofnewt - 11 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: eyeofnewt

Also, thanks to the lovely lola for sharing many rare songs from the Sagar serials.

everyone take note, that's my new official title 😆 I started probing through the early episodes and found an instance of the tune right before the "Aaja Re Kanhaiya" song when Krishna dresses as Radha, but the dialogues interrupt it so I'm going to keep looking. In my search, I came across several other really sweet melodies were wasted the same way :( Wish the released a soundtrack of some sort. I think I'm going to use this thread to point them out and discuss as soon as I stop worrying about the hurricane ravaging my town.
eyeofnewt thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

Wish the released a soundtrack of some sort. I think I'm going to use this thread to point them out and discuss as soon as I stop worrying about the hurricane ravaging my town.

Me too! I can't believe Ramanad Sagar ji & Co missed out on such a lucrative opportunity.  Music sales would have been through the rough.  Then again, I suppose his heart was really on producing the best serial possible, not capitalizing on it.  

Sidebar: How are you doing after the Sandy aftermath? We were one of the incredibly few homes who lost power only temporarily. No major damage other than a few small trees down. The rest of my town, and Long Island wasn't so lucky. 

I just wish gas wasn't in such shortage. I have less than half a tankful. 
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
eyeofnewt thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Also see 3:50 into this.

That whole song is lovely. One of my favorites. Let me know if you come across any instrumentals in the shringar rasa.
eyeofnewt thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

I started probing through the early episodes and found an instance of the tune right before the "Aaja Re Kanhaiya" song when Krishna dresses as Radha, but the dialogues interrupt it so I'm going to keep looking.

Yay! I'm so glad we're a few steps closer to tracking this elusive sucker down. ðŸ˜Š