Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Our expectations from our Celebs

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
So I was responding to something on the Religious tolerance thread and it suddenly struck me - exactly what are our expectations from our celebs? Do we expect them to be larger than life or just plain ordinary folks? Do we expect an unrealistically high standard of behavior or is our expectation threshold reallly low?

Think about it - our expectations are such a paradox. On the one hand we mock Ashka for going crazy with her hair and we ridicule Urvahi, and Delnaaz for their tons of makeup. At the same time we mock Sayantani and Sampat for not taking pains about their appearance.

One small sentence from Siddhu and we are ready to put him up on a pedestal, or treat Rajev as the next thing to a Devdas yet aren't they saying and doing the same things that we do in our everyday lives? So why idolize them?

Or is it that we need a reason to see beautiful people as either way too beautiful or ugly in order to contrast it with our own image of our daily life - Noblesse Oblige?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
The only thing I expect is entertainment. Surely that's not much to ask. But tell that to Salman and Siddhu.😡Edited by Dexterkilaila - 11 years ago
tanasha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
With fame comes a lot of responsibilities for the celebs... They are sort of role models for the people tht idolize and look up to them. This means that even their smallest of mistakes are left under scrutiny for the public in general. If we feel that the celebrity is not presenting themselves like how they ought to then they are sending a wrong message to the audience that such behaviour is appropriate and this does not sit well with most of the public... It's the price to pay for being a celebrity sadly...
-Purva- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

The only thing I expect is entertainment. Surely that's not much to ask. But tell that to Salman and Siddhu.😡

Surely we expect entertainment and that's the least of our expectations. But think of this - Siddhu utters a shlok and we treat his as a model of religious tolerance. Really how small must've been our initial expectation that he would not know this and that's why we are impressed.
-Purva- thumbnail
Originally posted by: tanasha1993

With fame comes a lot of responsibilities for the celebs... They are sort of role models for the people tht idolize and look up to them. This means that even their smallest of mistakes are left under scrutiny for the public in general. If we feel that the celebrity is not presenting themselves like how they ought to then they are sending a wrong message to the audience that such behaviour is appropriate and this does not sit well with most of the public... It's the price to pay for being a celebrity sadly...

I agree but on the other hand I feel that at times our expectations are so small that a celeb says "excuse me" after sneezing and we go into raptures about what a model of etiquette and grace he is.

And that is one of my points - on one hand we are ready to forgive the gravest of crimes, on the other we sit and criticize and microscopically analyze each and every gesture, movement and utterance of a person put into a pressure cooker like situation.

Not that I'm pleading for any of the inmates of the BB house, they chose to sit int he fish bowl and are being paid heftily for exposing their lives and personalities to the public.
tanasha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess we all have our pet peeves and even the littlest things can fall under that category...
Or it could be that logic that when we dislike someone very little thing they do annoys us and when we like someone even the biggest mistakes are forgivable?
DianaPrince thumbnail

They should consider well before accepting the show. If their ideas or morals are against the rules they should not accept it.
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
My only expectation from them --is not to PAKAO us - and act real --@ =  /  Be it 'larger than life' or 'simple ordinary' ----I accept them in any personality --@ = 

As far as entertainment goes ---that should be up to BIGG BOSS --- he is smart enough to choose right combination of housemates and interesting tasks and moves @=

For religious TOLERANCE --well --the PROBLEM with virtual forums is that --- we don't know how  QUALIFIED  each MEMBER is to participate in certain discussions @ === Some fools also debate on serious issues here --@ Many times member have no clue about the topic --but they keep ranting something just to justify their stand @  =   LIKE --there would be members who might be hypnotized by Sidhu paaji's sherro-shayari and vocab ---so him chanting those mantras would be icing on the cake ----/ @ ==

Edited by --GODFATHER-- - 11 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
We expect BB House inmates to provide just three things!

ENTERTAINMENT!👏

ENTERTAINMENT!!👏👏

&

ENTERTAINMENT!!!👏👏👏
Lovely topic Chitrashi.

For me Celebs have chosen this profession for entertaining us and the unsaid commitment to our criticism and praise.

I agree with GF that finding "larger than life personality" doesn't end with someone famous. It can be found in any corner of the world in any random individual, just as shallow and egoistic personalities can be found in any XYZ including our Celebs.

For me, I always look up to and salute people's behavior whether it is some random individual or these Celebs. I can admire someone's talent and work, but I can't ignore the negative side of anyone including the Celebs. For me these Celebs are nothing more than entertainment. They do their job, I enjoy it or not, and move on with life. For me it is waste of time and energy trying to Idolize someone who is as imperfect as me or you. I would rather Idolize people's behavior and their talent or contribution to the society.

I cringe when such Celebs who are no where perfect are to be placed on such a Pedestal that it starts to make you look like a big fool. I just read some comment from certain member stating that he or she will love Sallu miyaan even if he turns into a rapist 🤢 Such idolization and blind love are not only cringe worthy but sad and pathetic. We even criticize and yell at our loved ones for something we don't agree with, so I do not understand such blind love for someone who doesn't even know you exist in some part of the world. It might have to do with the fact of fame and shine these Celebs get or people trying to relate these Celeb's real life with that of the character which they portrayed. But such commitment of love for them goes right over my hand. If you ask me, I would say I loved the character, doesn't mean I am naive enough not to understand the difference between an actor and the character he or she portrayed. People start idolizing these Celebs for the image they have created for them. And that image is usually in complete contrast with the actor. But it's this image of a particular person which makes people act crazy and blind in love. And it is hard to knock sense into such fans who aren't ready to let go of that image.

So for me these Celebs are nothing more than entertainers who can get praised for being talented and criticized for being the human, as simple as that.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago