Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
So this entire debate what BB said that Ashka said that Urvashi said about a particular community got me thinking.

Most people are upset at Aashka for having made that statement. Do we care to remember that what we are seeing is a snippet of a 5 minute conversation out of 24 hrs footage of the day spent by Delnaaz and Aashka?

Consider the mathematics - 14 participants, 24 hours - a total of 336 hours of footage captured from various angles by 55 cameras. And what do we get to see - 45 minutes.

Is it possible for all the participants to be politically correct all the waking and sleeping hours? Are we the same in real life? Aren't we placing too high an emphasis on a small conversation? (But that is precisely what this show forces us to do)

But the larger question in my mind - are we politically correct all the time? Is it even a desirable state of being?

I personally am extremely Politically Incorrect. Those who've interacted with me in some earlier fiery forums would attest to that.

My fav. current Politically Incorrect Statement - One should appreciate all North Indian Men, coz they are the closest to Nature. Having been born male - neither their parents, nor school, nor society has bothered to educate or civilize them. They are as close to nature as is possible - which is why you see all of them blowing their noses, peeing and spitting on the roads - irrespective of class and social standing.

Will I take back what I said? No. I say that to my friends, cousins and uncles; and if I can say it to them, I can say it to anyone.

How many of you are honestly Politically Incorrect in your personal lives (Men - it includes passing lewd/snide remarks at women around you)

Indeed! very nice topic... Completely agree wid u.. 👏
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Its not ABOUT being politically incorrect --- but IMO - one should always be aware of CONSEQUENCES of his own statements  -- / @ and then ONE should NEVER generalize @@ === WHICH is what exactly URVASHI or AASHKA DID --- @@  

SINCE  URVASHI/ ASHKHA said it, this statement  will have no at adverse effect on anything ----or even what YOU Said about NORTH INDIAN males hardly matters ---------------- BUT take a hypothetical situation --- say SIDHU makes politically incorrect statement accusing a particular COMMUNITY / RELIGION --------now this carelessness might end up in big blunder for BJP or whatever Political PARTY he represents ------- / @@

Probably in your case --- if you use the word say " MOST north indian males " -- then it would not offend anyone ---but then here you end up GENERALIZING -- @@ so it does not come across as a UNIVERSAL TRUTH _ @

I have no PROBLEMS being politically INCORRECT --- but that doesn't give anyone privilege to say anything OFFENDING to others --- We got to USE correct words while making such statements specially when you are on CAMERA -- @@  

URvashi or AASHKA --- could have said  simply something like " In my opinion - or - the bengalis that I have come across were not trustworthy" == @@  That sounds politically incorrect and  YET it does not HURT anyone -- @ =