Rimghim thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Okay, This flim has machaoed much Dhoom already before the release itself,Thanks to KJo's all over the world promotion..(I was thinking if he 'd leave any country to promote the film) When I found about it @ 1st,thought it was quite lame n then when I watched the promo of Disco Dewanne,I was kinda "🥱" As thought Kjo has watched some recent youth based shows from SO,Channel V n got that One happy-go lucky girl,One hot dude (With guiter) & a flirt & another "I'm really Nice,Shy type guy😆 funda n used it for his film..(Which I still think)

Though would be honest enough,I heard the tracks of the film ,Thanks to my friend n from there I got interested..

Inspite of the same,Flirt guy loves the bubbly girl gets attracted towards the shy guy n later get the girl somehow,I'm looking forward to the film.

1) The offscreen chemistry to Varun & Sid are good..They seems well bonded..n So are in the promos

2)The girl,is cute..Though in the songs I found her below average comparing to the boys (One atleast) but now I'd like to watch her in the film n then comment..

3) & most espcially,I'm preety much watching it for varun..Out the three he seems to be only one who atleast can give better expression,dance well & whose dialogue delivery is atleast hearable n on the other hand the boy is charming & offscreen..Confident n straight forward.Has a good screen presence.

Thanks to Kjo Uncle's promotion 😆I think I'll be buying the DVD,no matter if later I go into my "🥱" mood & throw it..

On a better note,

The competition thing is good & it's great that Kjo n team is not promoting it saying "we have something unique to present" so for that-👍🏼

but the - point's are :

They gave the whole plot away with the songs,even the synpshots..that viewers have nothing much to look forward too..They have given away so much that it's a known fact that Aliya goona end up with Sid n Varun might win the SOTY award n sacrifice it for Sid n give away Alia too-Mahanta zindabadh..(Kind of MYKSH n KHNH type)So,again very typical..

& last of all,Sid,Don't through chappals @ me but how I wish he could deliver some more expression that that 1 n only 🤔From DD to IWL to Radha to Ratta mar n even in ad dialouge promo he has given that only expression..😕I wonder how he'd be in the 2 n a half hr film..😕
Though the audience 'd go gaga as he's the shy one n poor + the Self respect zindabadh type (Not that I m saying it's bad)but the appreciation 'd really go well.. Lets say not so much deserving.afterall a hot body n good height not enough.😳

Okay I had all these from last few days good to blabring them out here..Lets see how the SOTY actually 'd be n Who come out as the outstanding student.😆

PS : If you have any problem with my views,just "Agree to the disagreement" & yes,most welcome to share your views as well..without bashing me or anyone else.'d love to read.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
SOTY is one bollywood movie which I am interested in a long time.After the likes of Rowdy Rathod and so on,SOTY is a refreshing change.In a nutshell...I LOVE Varun Dhawan<3<3<3<3<3,I love the songs,I love Alia-Varun & Varun-Sid's chemistry and I'm dying to watch the movie...

I agree with you about Sid.He's hot & good looking but he has the same expression throughout & I hate his white & PINK tux in Disco Deewane.Him being the bechara character is already going to get him Alia,I dont want him getting the trophy too...
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
How do you know alia and sid will end up together??
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: vibz88

Like I said...Abhi is the bechara type of "aww...so sad" character who will face heartbreak throughout & then in typical bollywood style will get the girl.Rohan being the rich brat & a flirt has no chance.Even the trailer showed Sid-Alia almost kiss.

No one will be more happier than me though if I turn out to be wrong.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Nice analysis! Honestly the movie doesnt appeal to me though I like the modern yet 90s feel to the music. The storyline is predictable and the actors are cringe worthy. But if I go by the popularity of shows like DMG, MJHT, Geet and IPKKND then I am sure this won will click irrespective of the quality of the stars.
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: vibz88

In all the magazine covers Alia is like holding hands with Sid and while poor Varun is standing alone.Enough to guess that.😛
Na1na thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I'm also looking forward to this movie...

After long there has arrived a movie based on high school in Bollywood and though its all glossy and a bit too glamorous I'm gonna watch it...

I really like the concept...what competition does to relationships...its identifiable...
Also the characters seem well portrayed...Abhi, Shanaya and Rohan...all have a certain individuality and that is easily noticeable by just looking at the promos and songs...
All together...the movie seems entertaining and fun!

I liked all the songs of the movie...nicely picturised...music, lyrics, choreography, the backgrounds, everything is appealing to an extent... (waiting to watch kukkad!)

And about both the actors...
Well…I would say both are really good looking and seem talented. What I like most about them together, is that they are so different from each other and yet, get along well and have a nice chemistry onscreen…Varun is more lively and talkative, whereas Sid has a really calm and composed persona.

But If I have to pick one out of them, it'll be Sid for me. There's something about him which makes him very warm and adorable. I feel at times Varun overdoes things. His excitement and attitude looks good in some scenes, but sometimes, it strikes as he's overconfident. Sid comes across as a very mature, decent and down to earth guy. He doesn't do much of talking but when he does, he speaks in a very appealing and admirable manner.

The moment I saw the trailer I was like "Sid…all the way!" liked his presence and his voice a lot. Also his character, Abhimanyu looks more promising to me...he's driven, dedicated and determined! He has a certain depth in him which is seen in all his scenes and I think his eyes are very expressive!

Alia, as far as her personality is concerned, has all that it takes to be a typical Bollywood heroine!

She has the looks and the confidence...hope she has some good acting abilities too!
Her chemistry with both Sid and Varun is great...But my vote will go to Sid-Alia...they look like a couple should!...
Whereas, in the Mashup video I really like Varun and Sana's chemistry! They look hot!!

And Karan Johar has always been my favorite! I love the way he directs and puts such strong emotions in his movies that connect so well...

Hoping that the movie meets all the expectations and will be worth watching...
Wish there is a super climax...

All said and written its a THUMBS UP for me...
All the best to the movie, Karan and the debutantes!

Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I luv d cast and d music...so Thumps up for now...👍🏼
cheesy...nd boring...wannabees...instead of showing some reality Kjo stuck to showing the same glossy stuff...thumbs down indeed...and i think the two boys are seriously ok, nothing great ... there are many sexy male models who look better than them. i will go for the other release DELHI SAFARI...which has a strong message to stand by...
Ritushree_Nadal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i loved everything about this film atleast whatever it seems from the promos
karan johar has always been my favourite nd i always believe dat he has definitely something different to tell in this film
bt yaa u r right the promos seem to hv made the film very predictable nd by now most of us r sure dat sid-alia ll end up together at last nd i ll be really very happy if something lyk dis happens

bt i really do not agree wid wat u said about Sid.he has some killer expesions.his eyes always express something or the other.he is hot good looking.nd i just loved his voice from the recent dialogue promos.i really hope dat he acts really well in the movie.in real lyf also he is very nice person,down to earth,does nt talk much.i personally lyk such guys.just love him so much

i lyk varun too bt he sometimes overdoes many things.bt anyways i m really looking forward to sid-varun chemistry rather than the actual jodi's chemistry.

bt if u ask about the chemistry among the lead couples then definitely it's sid-alia for me.anything related to sid appeals to very much

all these analyses r from watching the promos nd interviews.now lets see i stick to my analysis after waching the film or not.