Sampat Pal AT #1 - A revoulutionary

Posted: 11 years ago
DEar Friends

This At is dedicated to Sampat Pal, as token of gratitude to this beautiful soul, who is working at grass root level and trying to make little changes and revolution at grass root level with her un tired efforts.

A simple soul, who is far away from the luxuries of this materialistic world but has aim in life to empower woman and put a foundation of a beautiful and golden era.

This is none other than our own Sampat Pal.

A mother of five and former government health worker (and a former child bride),Her gulabi gang which was founded in 2006,  as a response to widespread domestic abuse and other violence against women. Her gang visits abusive husbands and beat them up with laathis (bamboo sticks) unless they stop abusing their wives.

In 2008, she with her gang  stormed an electricity office in Banda district and forced officials to turn back the power they had cut in order to extract bribes.

They have also stopped child marriages and protested dowry and female illiteracy.

The group, which the Indian media portray positively, was reported to have 20,000 members as of 2008, as well as a chapter in Paris, France.( courtesy wikipedia.org)

So its privilege to add that she is not only addressing woman and domestic violence in rural India but she is letting not a single stone unturned to, achieve the golden dream. Corruption, child marriage and dowry are the core issues which she is fighting at grass root level.

Humble lady who is the voice of unheard people, lady who is the inspiration for many girls, a pillar of strength for helpless people.

I request you to put ur names and come forward to support her. 

Members are:-

Vibhu Sharma
diasingh2
Faraan_4_Shweta
--GODFATHER--
chocobear
-Chandramukhi-
.vicky

Divya.n.t
.Shayari.

cruiser51
-Xaffron-
Edited by vibhusharma78 - 11 years ago
Whatever she did, whatever she does... is not an ordinary thing

Edited by diasingh2 - 11 years ago
.Edited by diasingh2 - 11 years ago
I usually DO NOT join AT's ----------but for this one, i am IN -- @@  Hats off to this BRAVE WOMAN -- who has raised her voice for protection of WOMEN  --- much needed - / @@ 
I rally appreciate you all people and thanks

diasingh2 ,
Farhan  for Shweta and Godfather for your support.

Your support matters a lot.

I also request people plz come forward and support the deserving Sampat and salute her deeds.

Thanks Choco bear for your participation!!!
I am always in for my Fevicol cute aunty ðŸ˜³

On a serious note, I respect this lady and thanks for opening an AT for her.
@Chandramukhi-

Fevicol cute aunty...? Hehehe...  may i ask dear why this name?

Anyways... I also think she was cute when she became Joker...
Being a revolutionist , She  was trying her best...

Anyways... I am also very proud of Auntyji. 

Thanks, Chandermukhi and Diasingh 2 for your participation.
Originally posted by diasingh2

@Chandramukhi-

Fevicol cute aunty...? Hehehe...  may i ask dear why this name?

Anyways... I also think she was cute when she became Joker...
Being a revolutionist , She  was trying her best...

Anyways... I am also very proud of Auntyji. 

Because I can't deny what I had seen in the very first episode where she was chipking anyone and everyone. So thus I named her Fevicol aunty. Well that's her personality, but it doesn't and will never undermine what she has done for the society. So Fevicol cute aunty 😃
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago