Welcome To The Article Archives Section Of Baal Veer

Here You Will Find All  Articles Related To The Show

Donot Make Any Comment

Regards,Tanya
Edited by .Tanya. - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago

New names added to the cast of SAB TV's Baal Veer

New names added to the cast of SAB TV's Baal Veer

The show will go on air on 8th October on the channel...

SAB TV's new show Baal Veer starring Karishma Tanna and Shama Sikander is going to add more names to its cast. 

The show will revolve around on a child with supernatural powers who will fight against the evil.Karishma Tanna will be seen playing the role of a mighty fairy Godmother while Shama is also a fairy.

What we now hear from our sources is that Raashul Tandonwho was last seen in Zee TV'sPavitra Rishta will also be seen in the show as a relative toAnushka Sen who is a girl who does not possess any super powers. 

We tried contacting Raashul Tandon but he was unavailable for comment. 

Aditi SajwanSamiksha BhatnagarCharu Asopa and Sharmili Raj have been roped in to play the fairies who will help Baal Veer.

This new show will be on air from 8th October.

Reporter: Nadia Malikhttps://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12936-new-names-added-to-the-cast-of-sab-tv-baal-veer.htm

SAB TV transports you to Fairy Land

SAB TV transports you to Fairy Land

It is not just children who believe in fairies. Many adults too love fairies and believe in them in their own way. Baal Veer, a tale about fairies helping mortals will be telecast on SAB TV from October.

As we reported earlier this morning about SAB TV's all new show Baal Veer, we now bring to you the concept along with the details of the grand launch of the show. 

SAB TV launched their new show Baal Veer(produced by Vipul Shah) at Novotel in Mumbai on September 26th.  The event started off with a 'cat walk made in heaven' where all the beautiful girls playing fairies on Baal Veer walked the ramp. We were then introduced to the child heroBaal Veer, who as a baby is abandoned by his parents on earth to be adopted by fairies who take the blessed child to heaven and bring him up as their own child.

Rani Pari (Karishma Tanna) heads this exotic fairy land with varied beautiful fairies. However no show is complete without a negative character;  this show being no exception. Though the term may sound like an oxymoron there is a beautiful Bhayankar Pari (essayed by Shama Sikander) who creates havoc on Earth with her evil powers.

Baal Veer, the super child endowed with godly powers shuttles between heaven and Earth saving kids like him from bullies and other injustices. He befriends two earthlings Manav and Meher who are consistently troubled by two kids. 

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and Business Head of SAB TV said, "It's a very large scale venture from our side which is a mythical fiction. We have upped the production value, quality and even the scale at which TV shows are made today. It's a landmark show for SAB TV as it's a completely new genre of magic coupled with special effects. A family entertainer and visual delight, all in one. Previously our fantasy shows Gilli GillI Gappa and Ring Wrong Ring were quite well received with high ratings."

This sweet fantasy tale will debut on SAB TV on 8th October. It will be telecast from Monday to Friday at 8pm. As the popular saying goes, "If you believe in fairies clap your hands." This show with an innovative concept surely deserves a huge round of applause. India-forums will bring you more articles and interviews on this show.

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/12947-sab-tv-transports-you-to-fairy-land.htm

TV best institution: Shama Sikander

TV best institution: Shama Sikander

Actress Shama Sikander, who became a known face on small screen with her bubbly character of Pooja in 2005 show "Ye Meri Life Hai", describes television as an institution and says the medium makes you a better artist.

shama sikander

Actress Shama Sikander, who became a known face on small screen with her bubbly character of Pooja in 2005 show "Yeh Meri Life Hai", describes television as an institution and says the medium makes you a better artist.

"To be honest, if you are a television actor, film is like a cakewalk for you. Television is very difficult, but it teaches you a lot. If one shoots one scene in a day for a film, we shoot 10-12 scenes in a day for a TV show. So, it make you very fast. It is the best institution," said Shama who had a pivotal role in "Prem Aggan" (1998) and also featured in 1999 releaes "Mann".

The 31-year-old, who belongs to Makrana, Rajasthan, is returning on small screen as an evil fairy in the new show "Baal Veer". She is happy to play a negative role in the SAB TV's show.

"I have always got roles where I have been a nice person. So, I wanted to explore my dark side...It's sort of a self-knowing process for me," she added.

Shooting for the role was tough as it requires flying in the air with heavy costumes.

"My costume is very heavy. It's 20-25 kgs heavy, but it makes me look stunning," said Shama who was also seen in fantasy show "Seven".

Although she had her share of struggle, but she is glad that she could make a name for herself on her own.

"It feels great. I have had a tough time...had my share of pain and misery. But at the same time there is a lot of contentment because I did it on my own," Shama told IANS.

"And they respect my work. It gives me a lot of joy that I have been able to create a brand name for myself. As an actor, it is very challenging because it is a great thing to do," added the actress

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12952-tv-best-institution-shama-sikander.htm

All isn't hunky dory in Fairy Land in Baal Veer

All isn't hunky dory in Fairy Land in Baal Veer

Ethereal beauty Aditi Sajwan speaks of her role as Natkhat Pari onSAB TV's upcoming show Baal Veer

In English folklore, Puck is a mythological fairy who is known for his mischievous and prankster nature. Now we have our desi feminine version of Puck on Indian television. Natkhat Pari (essayed by Aditi Sajwan) on Baal Veer who is bestowed with mischievous powers- she can make anyone look funny by making that person's hair stand in the air, all sweets can stick to her body thanks to the magnetic power, she can transform a boy to an animal or toy and she helps children in unusual and quirky ways.

Aditi says on her role, "Natkhat Pari is a very different role from all the other paris as she has this human touch to her. She isn't a demure and composed pari at all, in fact she is up to pranks because of which at one time Rani Pari will take away all her powers." Natkhat Pari however loves kids. Aditi explains, "She is always positive and good with kids."

Were the girls chosen as fairies on the basis of their beauty? Aditi laughs, "I don't know that for sure but when you imagine paris you think about ethereal beauty and royalty while they walk."

What was kept in mind while doing Natkhat Pari's costume and makeup? Aditi replies, "Fairies always have worn long flowing birthday party doll kind of costumes. Every pari however has a different personality. Accordingly each fairy has distinct makeup and jewellery too. My makeup and jewellery for instance has a lot of childishness in it. I am after all the Natkhat Pari. Accordingly my look is very light pinkish in tone and my wand itself has the symbol of a butterfly which is completely different from all the other paris."

Of course all the pretty fairies have wings and can fly. So how was the flying effect done? Aditi informs us, "From above a 20 feet height we were hanging from a rope and belt safely fastened to our bodies."

However all isn't hunky dory in Fairy Land. There will be fights as after all the fairies have been split into two distinct groups. Aditi tells us, "The bigger group is of Rani Pari, the other group is headed by Bhayankar Pari who will bring together paris who are dissatisfied with their positions and want to create problems with others."

This show will of course concentrate on the triumph of good over evil and will primarily be a happy show. Aditi concludes, "It's important that as entertainers we portray the brighter side of life rather than problems. We already know that there are a lot of problems and mishaps in the world. However we show wonderful things on our show- people getting resurrected and being saved by paris and super kids."

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

There is a Bhayankar Pari in each human being'- Shama Sikander

There is a Bhayankar Pari in each human being'- Shama Sikander

Can a fairy create terror? For sure, if she is Bhayankar Pari

If there is light, there will be darkness. If there is good, there will be evil. If there's an angelic fairy, there will be a fairy who can reign havoc. Bhayankar Pari (Shama Sikander) is an evil pari who has been evicted from Pari Lok because of her negative attitude to everyone. She lives in Bhayankar Lok and aims to head Pari Lok and control Earth with her evil powers.

Speaking on her role in Baal Veer on SAB TV, Shama says, "There is a Bhayankar Pari in every human being, which comes out from time to time. She was once a very good pari but didn't get appreciation for her good deeds. Out of frustration she starts misusing her powers. Being the most beautiful of all fairies and the most powerful, she feels she can do anything. She is also a bahurupi fairy."

Interestingly Shama feels that this negative character is helping her to become a positive person. She explains, "This role is taking out my negativity and making me a calmer person. It's bringing me a lot of joy and a spiritual growth within."

Shama points out that too much of power corrupts people and that Bhayankar Pari is no exception. However she insists that though this fairy instils fear in innocent mortals, she is at heart a good fairy who ultimately wishes to make this world a better place.

When Producer Vipul Shah offered her this role she just couldn't say no. After all her character has a uniquely different look. Instead of wearing a heavy silk saree with a pallu like every other bahu of TV does; she decks up as a princess for this role.

Shama has thoroughly enjoyed doing the flying scenes. Though she did get slightly bruised in the process, she says that it was great fun doing the action scenes.

- Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

Fairy of Illusions on Baal Veer

Fairy of Illusions on Baal Veer

Manisha Thakkar who plays Bhatakti Pari on Baal Veer on SAB TV is a Reiki Healer who really believes in fairies.

Bhatakti Pari can create illusions making people wander about.  To execute her magic, she enchants the mantra and her eyes have circular graphic effect and to whomever she sees that person also has the same circular graphical effect. If that person is holding a tray of stones and pebbles, because of the magic, he will see gulab jamuns instead of pebbles and that person may start devouring them because of the illusion created by her. 

Manisha Thakkar who plays Bhatakti Pari adds, "I after all have a power of illusions. If you are going on the right side, I will make you go on the left side. If you going straight ahead I will make you go backwards."

Manisha being a professional Reiki healer genuinely believes in fairies. She explains, "I believe in both fairies and angels; positive and negative auras. Angels and fairies protect us."

On her role in the show, Manisha further says, "As I am playing a very positive fairy, I have a sparkly and positive aura. I also sport shimmery makeup."

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

'I generally don't read books'- Karishma Tanna

'I generally don't read books'- Karishma Tanna

Karishma Tanna speaks on her role as Rani Pari on SAB TV's upcoming show

Rani Pari (Karishma Tanna) is the head of Pari Lok, in fact she has all the combined powers of the fairies. She can do anything she wishes to at the wave of her magic wand.

Despite being authoritative, Rani Pari is also sweet and simple. Karishma explains, "As I am a Rani Pari I have to be authoritative and dominating. Nevertheless I also have a very calm and simple expression on my face."

Karishma agrees that it's a challenge to Rani Pari. She explains, "To play Fairy Queen I had to work on my body language, mannerisms and develop a base in my voice."

Karishma like her co-actresses loves her fairy attire.  She points out, "The colours are very international gold and beige. It's a symbol of richness and royalty."  

What are her favourite books on fairies? She replies, "I generally don't read books as my head starts hurting. However right now I am reading the trilogy of Mahadev."

Does she believe in fairies? She answers, "Fairies in real life are people who are good to you- they can even be your mom and dad."

•    Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/12964-i-generally-dont-read-books-karishma-tanna.htm

Roop Durgapal in SAB TV's Baal Veer

Roop Durgapal in SAB TV's Baal Veer

The actress shares her thoughts about the upcoming show on the channel

Roop Durgapal will be playing the role of a fairy inSAB TV's upcoming show Baal Veer. Roop named Daridari Pari will be  a part of Rani Pari's clan who are positive and extremely helpful. 

Getting into the shoes of this exciting role she says, "I am a Pari who has magical powers but is scared to use them. My character is very soft spoken and helpful".

She laughs," During my childhood, I would narrate made-up stories about fairies to my younger sister and now interestingly I will be playing the role of one". 

Asking her about the final thoughts on doing the show and future she says,"I am very excited for the show and it is a dream come true for me. I will resume shooting for Balika Vadhu too in mid-October as the younger sister of Shiv, Sanchi".

Reporter:Krishma Solanki.

'I have never read fairy tales'- Sangeeta Khanyat

'I have never read fairy tales'- Sangeeta Khanyat

Sangeeta Khanyat plays Aarpaar Pari on SAB TV's Baal Veer. When she grants her magic to anyone, that person can travel without any boundaries. Tellybuzz in conversation with Sangeeta...

Do you think it's a challenge to play a fairy?

It's not a challenge but great fun to play a fairy.

Did you prepare to play a fairy?

Producer Vipul Shah did a workshop with the entire team where he explained to us about our characters. He emphasized on the fact that each fairy was different and we would have to have different expressions.

What are your favourite books on fairies?

I read spiritual books. I have listened to fairy tales told by parents and grandparents when I was a child. However I have never read fairy tales. I have watched fairy shows on TV.

What are your favourite films on fairies?

There was a Jeetendra movie on fairies, I am forgetting the film title.

Did the Tooth Fairy visit you as a child?

No, never.

Did you believe in fairies as a child?

I believe in God.

Please tell me about your fairy costume and makeup.

I sport a subtle look.

If you wanted a fairy to grant you one wish what would it have been?

I would wish to be happy.

You play Aarpaar Pari who can travel through various objects in real life. Do you think it would be fun for you in real life to travel through objects?

Yes. I love the character I am playing.

-Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/12991-i-have-never-read-fairy-tales-sangeeta-khanyat.htm