I never met Navleen in real life:Nishigandha Wad

Posted: 11 years ago
             I never met Navleen in real life: Nishigandha Wad - TOI

Nishigandha Wad who plays the title role in the film "In The Name Of.. Tai " speaks about the film.

Hindi Feature film "In The Name Of.. Tai " is a female oriented plot, where an educated village woman (lawyer), respectfully known as "Tai" chooses a valiant but a dangerous path. She unfortunately suffers in her personal life, yet selflessly battles for a common cause of protecting acres of land owned by the village farmers from the clutches of the Corridor of Power and Builders. Inspired from the real life story of slain activist lawyer Navleen Kumar, it is a very hard hitting film. Nishigandha Wad who plays the title role speaks about the film.

How did you get this role?
The director of the film Ujjwal V. Thengdi had called me and given me a brief about the story and my character. Later I met him in his office for complete narration. And I liked the story very much. So I decided to play this role. I would like to state that this film is Mr. Ujjwal V. Thengdi's dream project and I had to work Hard. I feel very lucky that he chose me for this role. His earlier critically acclaimed Marathi film 'Vazir', had gone to create new benchmark and was the turning point of Marathi Industry.

This film is inspired from real life character.
I am playing the role of Tai, the protagonist, in the movie and it was a pleasure to be a part of this movie. The movie will keep the audience inquisitive about what will happen when a straight forward person will enter into the world of politics and how she will move forward besides getting threatened by people. We hope that the audience will appreciate it.

How did you do the time management for this role with your daily soap Sasural Simar Ka?
Not only me, even other artists are from the TV industry. We all adjusted our schedule and did this film, because of the subject and the issue it raises. There is one artist by the name of Palvie who used to shuttle down between Britain and India. If she could manage across countries, then why not us?

Did you do any particular study or research for this role?
Frankly speaking I never met Navleen in my personnel life. So whatever I read, watched and saw gave me some idea about her personality. Then the storyline of the film, her character sketch done in it, all this gave me a chance to study her exact character. She was a lady who never looked back in her life. She even didn't care about herself or had any desire. She worked selflessly for her goal.

This was a very bold film and many had declined it earlier.
This role is experimental for me because this is real life and comes from current history. I have never done anything like this. Yes the film is bold but then struggle is always bold. Else one cannot carry it forward, especially if it is for some other people's issues.

Edited by pumaa - 11 years ago
tfs!!!!!!!!!!nice answers!!!!!!!!!!!
she is a lovely ad beautiful maaji ad she rocks in any field 😊
she is too sweet looking and she is the best actor... 😊
Edited by presim - 11 years ago
lovely maaji!!!!!!!!!!!she look so beautiful ad young ðŸ˜‰