Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
There are Boys and then there are MEN! πŸ‘

And Real Man is what Navjot Singh Sidhu is!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Born with a Silver Spoon in his mouth, to one of the most powerful advocate in Patiala, Navjot (Nick Name Sherry), always had his every demand fulfilled and had a rich childhood.😊

He made an uneventful international debut against the West Indies at Ahmedabad in 1983 scoring just 19 runs in his debut Test match. He was given another chance in that series but failed again. He was selected for the 1987 Cricket World Cup in India scoring 73 on his One Day International debut in a losing effort against Australia. He scored 50s in four of the 5 World Cup 1987 matches in which he batted, failing in the semifinal against England. His first ODI century came against Pakistan in Sharjah in 1989 while his 134 against England at Gwalior in 1993 was his highest ODI score and the innings which he called his best when he retired in 1999.

Sidhu told in an interview that an article criticising his dismal performance changed his cricketing life. After a pathetic performance in 1983, Rajan Bala, a noted cricket columnist, wrote an article on him titled "Sidhu: The Strokeless Wonder" in Indian Express. It was an epiphany that changed his life and he started taking his cricketing career seriously. After his wonderful performance in 1987 world cup, the same columnist wrote an article titled "Sidhu: From Strokeless Wonder To A Palm-Grove Hitter", applauding his performance! πŸ€—πŸ‘

In an interview, an emotional Navjot confessed, he was dropped from team in 1983 and had no remorse no realization as to what he was missing on. And then he saw his father, with tears in eyes and a News clipping that described SIdhu as a "Strokeless wonder"! Thats the moment that he says, changed his life! He vowed to practice, practice and practice more and DAILY, used to hit 300 SIXES in Nets till his palms used to be sore and bleeding!😲

Thats what it takes to be there and Sidhu deserves admiration and appluad no less than any one else!πŸ‘

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navjot_Singh_Sidhu

For those who do not know, Navjot SIdhu is a Sitting Member of Parliament from Amritsar and is a  role model when it comes to time management. One of the rare Ministers in India who makes optimum utilization of his special MP fund, he has been able to do for Amritsar what most Ministers can only dream, of!πŸ‘

Till Sidhu came on scene as cricketer, it was a convention to have short, compact openers. He and Ravi Shastri were the odd ones out. Tall (he is 6 feet 2 inches), strapping handsome,he became a trendsetter and perhaps the first Sikh gentleman to do endorsements for leading brands like LUMINOUS INVERTERS (Desh Ka Bharosa) and became a Household name for his springboard jumps and uncontrolled laughter as a Judge for popular Comedy show "THE GREAT INDIAN LAUGHTER CHALLENGE!"πŸ˜›

After Gavaskar, Sidhu was the most successful Test Batsman for India with 9 Test Hundreds and an average of 42 Plus, till Virender Sehwag came on scene and altered the script!

Sidhu's gift for gab is legendary and he is perfectly at ease describing a lofted shot as a ball going so high that it could kiss an air hostess---or describing a batting collapse as team falling down like bicycles in a cinema hall's parking stand!
🀣

Edited by cruiser51 - 11 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
oops, I didnt know there is an AT on Sherry Paaji...ended up creating one just because I couldn;t believe he hasn;t got one!

Request merge / delete my thread!

Here it is:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3233966
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cruiser51

oops, I didnt know there is an AT on Sherry Paaji...ended up creating one just because I couldn;t believe he hasn;t got one!

Request merge / delete my thread!

Here it is:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3233966

Great to see u here... WELCOME πŸ€—  

This AT is very inactive ...since members running it are bit busy.πŸ˜†.. Since u have joined it, it will be active again.
sarasingh86 thumbnail

@Cruiser51 - Let me request mods to merge it
DoNotMind thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I thot i was the first one to join Siddhu's AT...πŸ˜­πŸ˜†
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Komal-S.

I thot i was the first one to join Siddhu's AT...πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Nope dear...there are lot ..Welcome..πŸ€— 

I m sara
😊
DoNotMind thumbnail
haha sara...i am Komal!
sarasingh86 thumbnail

haha sara...i am Komal!

Nice to meet you... Chalo we will have lots of fun hereπŸ˜›..where r u from?
DoNotMind thumbnail
i am from India,you?

sarasingh86 thumbnail

i am from India,you?

Cool!
I m from California, US