Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Sobti made ASR just as much as ASR made Sobti - Page 5

Rose.gyp thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Rockerchic

@Red Very debatable. This is the fault of the CVs who made the entire show to rest on top of their two main leads. It's not about being fair not not, it's about a personal choice. He is an actor and he is not entitled to loyalty beyond his contract. 

True the CVs made the entire  show to rest on top of their two main leads, But this is a love story it was meant to be about the leads. Dont get me wrong here, I dont expect to see Sarun for 18 mins out of 20. Nope. But the story does revolve around them.
Over time the CVs goofed up in their choice of tracks or how they handled, but none of this takes away from the fact that the PH/Channel were highly considerate to give him 11/28/40/45 days leave and the cast supportive. Who does that? Knowing that  it might not bode well for the show.

And true, He is an actor but does he value contracts? After BHPH, he had signed for another show...the deal was done and he was to start shooting. But when IPK came along the way, he backed out of that deal, leaving that producer high and dry. (This is something Rishy reminded us about in another post. its a known fact). 

My intention is not to put the guy down here, I am just pointing out that there is probably a certain lack of commitment from him. Like I said before, if he is leaving, all the best to him. 
Edited by bpbr - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: bpbr

True the CVs made the entire  show to rest on top of their two main leads, But this is a love story it was meant to be about the leads. Dont get me wrong here, I dont expect to see Sarun for 18 mins out of 20. Nope. But the story does revolve around them.
Over time the CVs goofed up in their choice of tracks or how they handled, but none of this takes away from the fact that the PH/Channel were highly considerate to give him 11/28/40/45 days leave and the cast supportive. Who does that? Knowing that  it might not bode well for the show.

And true, He is an actor but does he value contracts? After BHPH, he had signed for another show...the deal was done and he was to start shooting. But when IPK came along the way, he backed out of that deal, leaving that producer high and dry. (This is something Rishy reminded us about in another post. its a known fact). 

My intention is not to put the guy down here, I am just pointing out that there is probably a certain lack of commitment from him. Like I said before, if he is leaving, all the best to him. 

Commitment is easy if you're shooting for a 3hr movie for 4-5 months. But when it's show you have to do for 1-2 years the overthinking is given. I'm only saying things from an actors perspective. We are attached to them certainly, but we do not know them to judge them.
Rockerchic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nonasi

Agreed. I do believe that no actor is irreplaceable, but each one brings something unique to their portrayal of a character and for me, I primarily watch this show for the story of Sobti's ASR and Irani's KKGSR. Changing the leads may have worked in other shows, but it's been over a year of BS as ASR and I don't want to adjust to someone new in the role. Plus, how long can the show go on from here, story-wise? I would love to see it finish on a high note with as much of the original cast as possible...while trying to block out all this behind-the-scenes drama as much as possible.

Give me a Kick-ass ending and i can go on on my merry way. Bas.
Rose.gyp thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Rockerchic

Commitment is easy if you're shooting for a 3hr movie for 4-5 months. But when it's show you have to do for 1-2 years the overthinking is given. I'm only saying things from an actors perspective. We are attached to them certainly, but we do not know them to judge them.

Well, I think commitment in general is tough, especially if it effects your career. That said, the logical me is trying hard not to judge him, the disappointed me is just...upset. 

I am just tired of reading contradictory news day in and day out. I wish they handled all this mess a lil better. 

I did learn something from all this though, Never get attached to a show so much. But i am not hung up on it...Life moves on and if Sobti is leaving, I am sure we all will be just fine (after venting it out for a bit :D )
Edited by bpbr - 11 years ago
asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

RC spot on post ! 

Sanaya and Barun are the ones who bring KKG and ASR to life... seeing anyone else playing them would be downright weird 

I'd rather the show end on a good note...and NO, not because Sobti is leaving and the world is supposedly ending...but because this show doesn't have any potential left, and just maybe because am a tad selfish and want my life back without having to detox !

That said Aisha is never committing to an Indian show again, a load of hard work it is to quit πŸ˜†  !
Edited by asha... - 11 years ago
luckyarnav thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I so love ur post dear that I actually logged in to reply.

U have so nicely put in my thghts, couldn't agree with u more on this

"It's Sobti who made ASR and vice- versa. They both would be so incomplete without each other in my eyes.
It was the character which made us fall in love with the person playing it so beautifully.

I really don't want to beg or plead to someone whom I don't even know,to stay back but there is something I do know "with love comes a lot of responsibility" and it's wrong to use all the love and move ahead in life leaving the people behind.

I am just stating my opinion, no offence to anyone but end of the day "I DO EXPECT LOYAL AND TRUE STATEMENTS"
Thanks loved ur post
Rockerchic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: asha...

RC spot on post !

Sanaya and Barun are the ones who bring KKG and ASR to life... seeing anyone else playing them would be downright weird

I'd rather the show end on a good note...and NO, not because Sobti is leaving and the world is supposedly ending...but because this show doesn't have any potential left, and just maybe because am a tad selfish and want my life back without having to detox !

That said Aisha is nevercommittingto an Indian show again, a load of hard work it is to quitπŸ˜† !

RC is too involved with IPK, that detox sounds just abot right.

One good thing is we have 2 months to get over things rather than overnight. πŸ˜†
Rockerchic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: luckyarnav

I so love ur post dear that I actually logged in to reply.

U have so nicely put in my thghts, couldn't agree with u more on this

"It's Sobti who made ASR and vice- versa. They both would be so incomplete without each other in my eyes.
It was the character which made us fall in love with the person playing it so beautifully.

I really don't want to beg or plead to someone whom I don't even know,to stay back but there is something I do know "with love comes a lot of responsibility" and it's wrong to use all the love and move ahead in life leaving the people behind.

I am just stating my opinion, no offence to anyone but end of the day "I DO EXPECT LOYAL AND TRUE STATEMENTS"
Thanks loved ur post

Yep. The more I think about it the more horrible a new ASR sounds.
meshas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
even I will continue to watch it, it is very unfair to SI/Abhaaas/Deepali/Akshay n the rest of the crew who earn their livelyhood from this show. Just because of one person they can't stop the show, the show must go on and it will go on.

Even I admired Barun as ASR, anyways it's his decision and wish him luck in his future endeavours and hope he made the right decision, only time will tell?

Why is PH/SP quite about the whole thing?