Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
"Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made. " 
? George Burns

A lot of people here are talking about a new ASR and for me that's a big surprise. I am an actor and i can assure you that a character is only as good as the actor who plays him. This is not limited to acting ability alone, it could be the face, the accent, the voice - anything - every actor uniquely brings something to a role that defines both him and the character he plays. 

I am in no way a Sobti fangirl but i am a fangirl of the Arnav played by Sobti. There is a marked difference between the two. 

I would rather they continue the show with an all new lead as in a new character not Arnav(a la 2and1/2 men) or convince Sobti to stay on till it's end. 

I can't ask the PH to end the show, that wouldn't be fair on SI/Abhaas/AK etc, but they can't demand my loyalty either. As a PH they should hold enough power over their actor to let them slip past. 

An actor will only quit for one of the three reasons - 
1)Improve his/her acting.
2)Money
3)The current project is uninspiring. 

In Sobti's case i think it's a combination of all three. The story is less than inspiring. And i don't blame Sobti for wanting to do something different how much ever it breaks my heart. 

I don't think it's right to hold a grudge against a guy who's given us great memories for the last 15 months, but he cannot demand loyalty from us either. 

Thoughts? 

PS- And oh yeah, if i read more hogwash about 'trusting' Barun and 'supporting' Barun, i swear i will be very critical with my words. Grow up, please. 
Edited by Rockerchic - 11 years ago
zee_armaan thumbnail
LOVED your post! For me, no other actor can replace Sobti as ASR, and neither have I nor will I like Sobti in a role other than ASR.

This is what I posted in the other thread: 

I love Barun AS ASR, I wouldn't have given a damn if Raj left DMG or Shravan left BHPH, but this isn't them, this is ASR. ASR made me love Barun, and it is ASR which will help me forget him, if that's what is to happen then so be it. I'm selfish like that. If I am a fan of Leonardo Di Caprio it is only for his portrayal of Romeo, Shane West only for his role of Landon Carter, Shahrukh Khan only for his acts in Karan Johar flicks, Ian Somerhalder only because he played Damon Salvatore and Barun Sobti only because he plays Arnav Singh Raizada. Yes my liking is conditional, I did not support him in his previous roles and will not support him in his future roles. I always knew ASR would come to an end one day and so will my being a fan of Sobti, what I didn't know was that it would happen this quick. Anyway, some wise man said 'happiness comes in small packages' and ASR was short-lived yes but was amazing while he was there. I will always thank Sobti for bringing such a complex character to life, and playing it so well for all this time.

My 'interest' and 'admiration' of Sobti starts and ends at his portrayal of ASR. Obviously it is upsetting that he's considering dropping ASR's role, but then again, that's entirely his decision and as a fan I respect that.

Edited by zee_armaan - 11 years ago
afsuu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ya nice title asr made sobti n sobti made asr
All of us r deeply hurt but some facts cannot be denied
brn know very well what ever he is due to ipk thats why he still stick to it most actor who goes film always says bye to serial but brn who work day night to manage both becos he loves ipk 
brn also normal men who earn through acting oppurtunity hardly knocks any lucky person door so he is getting good project with big banner what wrong in it what ever they like their choice 
why we punish ipk creator who write awesome story lovely scene 
brn come for acting in ipk but  who write his chracter  alll dialogue ,direction story line raba way song poor light men who stand in hot weather   n lovely cast n crew always surprise us why we boycott them due to brun what is their fault
ipk is pillar of soo many  things brn is only part of it 

Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: zee_armaan

LOVED your post! For me, no other actor can replace Sobti as ASR, and neither have I nor will I like Sobti in a role other than ASR.

This is what I posted in the other thread: 

I love Barun AS ASR, I wouldn't have given a damn if Raj left DMG or Shravan left BHPH, but this isn't them, this is ASR. ASR made me love Barun, and it is ASR which will help me forget him, if that's what is to happen then so be it. I'm selfish like that. If I am a fan of Leonardo Di Caprio it is only for his portrayal of Romeo, Shane West only for his role of Landon Carter, Shahrukh Khan only for his acts in Karan Johar flicks, Ian Somerhalder only because he played Damon Salvatore and Barun Sobti only because he plays Arnav Singh Raizada. Yes my liking is conditional, I did not support him in his previous roles and will not support him in his future roles. I always knew ASR would come to an end one day and so will my being a fan of Sobti, what I didn't know was that it would happen this quick. Anyway, some wise man said 'happiness comes in small packages' and ASR was short-lived yes but was amazing while he was there. I will always thank Sobti for bringing such a complex character to life, and playing it so well for all this time.

My 'interest' and 'admiration' of Sobti starts and ends at his portrayal of ASR. Obviously it is upsetting that he's considering dropping ASR's role, but then again, that's entirely his decision and as a fan I respect that.

I LOVED your response. I thought i'll receive zero comments since hell hath no fury like a fangirl scorned. ðŸ˜†

@Bold - Exactly.

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
Ditto, hope he does well. It's natural to explore new ans potentially better opportunities after more than a years commitment.

Having said, I have my reservations about the mixed messages, why couldn't he or 4Lions and come and simply state negotiations are on instead of the rumours and spoilers etc...

Anyway, good luck to him!
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: afsuu

ya nice title asr made sobti n sobti made asr

All of us r deeply hurt but some facts cannot be denied
brn know very well what ever he is due to ipk thats why he still stick to it most actor who goes film always says bye to serial but brn who work day night to manage both becos he loves ipk 
brn also normal men who earn through acting oppurtunity hardly knocks any lucky person door so he is getting good project with big banner what wrong in it what ever they like their choice 
why we punish ipk creator who write awesome story lovely scene 
brn come for acting in ipk but  who write his chracter  alll dialogue ,direction story line raba way song poor light men who stand in hot weather   n lovely cast n crew always surprise us why we boycott them due to brun what is their fault
ipk is pillar of soo many  things brn is only part of it 

That the acting business darling. Your credit entirely depends on the face that represents it. It's a risk all the crew have to take. 

Yes i urge them to continue even after Sobti quits, but they cannot expect me to continue watching the show. That my personal choice. 
vellainsaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Rockerchic

PS- And oh yeah, if i read more hogwash about 'trusting' Barun and 'supporting' Barun, i swear i will be very critical with my words. Grow up, please. 

Thank you so much. I'm so tired of reading those trusting/supporting posts as well as those conspiracy against Barun posts.

It's his career decision. Agreed Zainab created a ruckus and PH didn't help either, but the bottom line is things happened the way they did. There is no need to defend Sobti or blame PH. 

These things happen behind closed doors for a reason, otherwise all hell breaks loose and that's exactly what happened here. Humein pata bhi nahi chalna chahiye tha yeh sab...lekin... 

That said and done, can we just wait for the final decision and respect it and also put a break on the conspiracy theories because none of us know the entire truth here. 

Barun and Channel didn't lie to us... simply because he didn't really quit as he was in negotiation phase. 

If only 'someone' had the decency to keep quiet... sighhh

Anyway.. let's hope for the best! At the end of the day that's all we can do. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by vellainsaan - 11 years ago
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rabba-Ve-Delena

Ditto, hope he does well. It's natural to explore new ans potentially better opportunities after more than a years commitment.

Having said, I have my reservations about the mixed messages, why couldn't he or 4Lions and come and simply state negotiations are on instead of the rumours and spoilers etc...

Anyway, good luck to him!

The mixed messages is fault of the shitty PR (or non existent) PR of 4lions.

They probably meant "He's not leaving (tomorrow)"
.Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I cannot imagine anyone else playing ASR, it's 15 months in and I'm already set in my ways...So watching Sanaya/Khushi calling another random dude (as good an actor he may be) 'Laad Governer' I will perhaps wet myself laughing.

I watched it for Sanaya and Barun. Bas.

If he's not there anymore, all i can say is Hallelujah...At least I can have my evening back IPK free.
Linnar007 thumbnail
They are all professionals, and quitting, changing jobs, aspiring for more - all part of the game.

He is serving the required notice,

the choice is with PH to close the how or carry on with another actor

the choice is ours to watch a different lead or quit

the choice is his and every other actors, directors, writers, to continue or quit

we need to calm down and not make it an ethical or moral issue