Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vellainsaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: .Euphoria.

I cannot imagine anyone else playing ASR, it's 15 months in and I'm already set in my ways...So watching Sanaya/Khushi calling another random dude (as good an actor he may be) 'Laad Governer' I will perhaps wet myself laughing.

I watched it for Sanaya and Barun. Bas.

If he's not there anymore, all i can say is Hallelujah...At least I can have my evening back IPK free.

SO.TRUE. 
I want to watch Barun and Sanaya as Arnav and Khushi. Bas. Woh nahi toh mere liye IPK nahi 
Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: vellainsaan

Thank you so much. I'm so tired of reading those trusting/supporting posts as well as those conspiracy against Barun posts.

It's his career decision. Agreed Zainab created a ruckus and PH didn't help either, but the bottom line is things happened the way they did. There is no need to defend Sobti or blame PH. 

These things happen behind closed doors for a reason, otherwise all hell breaks loose and that's exactly what happened here. Humein pata bhi nahi chalna chahiye tha yeh sab...lekin... 

That said and done, can we just wait for the final decision and respect it and also put a break on the conspiracy theories because none of us know the entire truth here. 

Barun and Channel didn't lie to us... simply because he didn't really quit as he was in negotiation phase. 

If only 'someone' had the decency to keep quiet... sighhh

Anyway.. let's hope for the best! At the end of the day that's all we can do. πŸ˜Š

@Red - I feel you sistah. I really do. 

Exactly why release a statement now? And ruin the two months that we could have enjoyed. Maybe the ending will be great and we would have been satisfied but now everything is going to be  scrutinised. 

OMG they did that because they didn't have time. 
OMG Sobti looks bored because he's quitting.
OMG the story is dumb beause no one's interested. etcetc
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Well Sobti certainly made ASR what he is today. I know RC you dont think he is a great actor but you think he played ASR well.

Well I do think he is a good actor. Better than a  lot of TV actors, and really stood out in the show.

He also has good comic timing which I have seen from some of his clips from BHPH.
So I think he will grow and improve and become a fairly competent actor in time, and I would certainly want to watch him doing other roles as well
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Euphoria.

I cannot imagine anyone else playing ASR, it's 15 months in and I'm already set in my ways...So watching Sanaya/Khushi calling another random dude (as good an actor he may be) 'Laad Governer' I will perhaps wet myself laughing.

I watched it for Sanaya and Barun. Bas.

If he's not there anymore, all i can say is Hallelujah...At least I can have my evening back IPK free.

WORD.

MAybe i can concentrate on other things - like i dono... maybe actually having a life. πŸ˜†
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice post... The way he has owned and played ASR was just perfect but I won't be watching his films bcz I don't watch films... I used to love Rajeev Khandelwal as Sujal Garewal bcz he owned and played that character to perfection but after that nothing of his inspired to follow his projects.
16Mahi16 thumbnail
Absolutely agree! And not only an actor but everyone would leave their current job for those three reasons you mentioned! Hope ppl would understand this and stop bashing him and making unreasonable posts.
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: farheen75

Nice post... The way he has owned and played ASR was just perfect but I won't be watching his films bcz I don't watch films... I used to love Rajeev Khandelwal as Sujal Garewal bcz he owned and played that character to perfection but after that nothing of his inspired to follow his projects.

I won't be doing that either. Unless it's a really good movie, not mai or mr rightπŸ˜†
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rhea16

Absolutely agree! And not only an actor but everyone would leave their current job for those three reasons you mentioned! Hope ppl would understand this and stop bashing him and making unreasonable posts.

4lions were stupid and the fans are reacting. I can't blame them, i was in a slightly overreactive mood initially as well.
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i agree on your post nd title...very true!!!

But i don wanna see any1 play ASR other than Sobti...the show clicks because of Sarun's chemistry...i don he shld be replace...cuz no 1 can pull it off!!!!!!
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Laddoo agrees with RC..

Okay I just had to do the third person thing!πŸ˜†

Yes, if he wants to leave to advance his career, then we are in no position to criticize his moves, or talk about how he is being "Ungrateful".Aren't we always looking for better opportunities in life? If one of us is offered a better job, will we stay back at our current one because we are "Loyal"? No right?

With that said and done, as you said, I am a fan of ASR played by Barun Sobti. I have no qualms with the show continuing after Sobti has quit. But do me a favour and kill off the character of ASR. I for once firmly believe no one can play ASR the way Barun did. I have read a lot of posts saying ASR was an extremely well written character and any actor could do complete justice to it, but I think Sobti's portrayal of ASR was one of the major reasons for catapulting this character to a cult status.

I can accept a new lead as long as he plays a new character. But ASR = Barun for me. Always.

I also have to say, I do not like how this entire matter has been handled by the PH. Its pathetic to say the least. They really need to issue a public statement rather than speaking through X/Y/ZEE.