***Winner Of The 1st IF_IDOL Contest*** - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
Yes Shayari ji. for about 4 years.
Originally posted by ksl0077

Wow...some nice raagas listed here. Even I I like Todi, Shivranjani lot apart from lalit, Durga any many more but these are some of my fav. Unfortunately never heard anything in Carnatic but always in hustustani. AMF, i learnt to play both the songs in Shivranjani only, Jaane Kahan gaye woh din and Mere Naina Sawan. Wow...long long long time ago.

Cheers

Those two are lovely songs... Ksl ji..
Originally posted by .Divya.

Those two are lovely songs... Ksl ji..

Yes. My mom taught me Shivranjani and Bhupali songs in the earlier days as they are so close to each other and quite easy to learn.

Are you interested in Dhrupad style? Its a hardcore classical and my fav way of spending evening. I listen to Dagar Bandhu and Gundecha bandhu. I think Todi reminds me of Dhrupad by Dagars.

take care.
Originally posted by ksl0077

Yes. My mom taught me Shivranjani and Bhupali songs in the earlier days as they are so close to each other and quite easy to learn.

Are you interested in Dhrupad style? Its a hardcore classical and my fav way of spending evening. I listen to Dagar Bandhu and Gundecha bandhu. I think Todi reminds me of Dhrupad by Dagars.

take care.

yeah Bhupali & shivranjani are close.. except the Dhaivat which is komal in Shivranjani.. and I think I have heard that Dhrupad 😊
Originally posted by .Divya.

yeah Bhupali & shivranjani are close.. except the Dhaivat which is komal in Shivranjani.. and I think I have heard that Dhrupad 😊

Dhrupad is just another style of hindustani classical singing like Khyal gayki. Its known to be very ancient and difficult. The Pakhwaj played with it makes it very divine, just like Mrudangam in south. These two instruments are very unlike Tabla. I like both Pakhwaj and Mrudangam lot.

Cheers.
A huge round of applause for the participants👏 You were all fabulous and amazzing👍🏼👍🏼

Congrats Sohini for the winner title😳 Great singing😛
ksl ji...good aap ko tho karnatic n hindustani dono seekhe hain...i too will learn hindustani but uske liye abhi time hain...
ek doubt clear kijiye na...meri ek student S R G M tak theek se gaati hain par P D N S se means jab swar upar jaata hain tho naak se gaana shuru karti hain..kitni baar samjhaya usey uss ladki ki mother boli ki uss ladki ke school mein hindustani bhi sikhatey hain tho woh log jab bhi high notes gaana hain tho naak se gaane ke liye bole thein iss ladki ko i told her NO...naak se gaana 'gaana dosha' hota hain!!! right... aap batayiye kya hindustani mein naak mein gaane ke liye bolte hain kya😛
Originally posted by .Shayari.

ksl ji...good aap ko tho karnatic n hindustani dono seekhe hain...i too will learn hindustani but uske liye abhi time hain...
ek doubt clear kijiye na...meri ek student S R G M tak theek se gaati hain par P D N S se means jab swar upar jaata hain tho naak se gaana shuru karti hain..kitni baar samjhaya usey uss ladki ki mother boli ki uss ladki ke school mein hindustani bhi sikhatey hain tho woh log jab bhi high notes gaana hain tho naak se gaane ke liye bole thein iss ladki ko i told her NO...naak se gaana 'gaana dosha' hota hain!!! right... aap batayiye kya hindustani mein naak mein gaane ke liye bolte hain kya😛

Absolutely wrong. Naak se gana nishiddha hai. No body encourages that, Shayariji. I can tell you what might work. Ask your student to practise with Aaakaar only and keep head up and  with mouth wide open. If jaw;s are shrinking then she is forcing herself and putting pressure on wind pipe by constricting it and thats why air flows towards nose pipe and nasal sound is heard.

By closing nostril with two fingers and singing she will get idea if she is letting voice come out of mouth. Good luck.

Often lack of confidence stops kids from opening up while singing. Wow, you are doing great job of teaching kids. I wish you very best. 👏👏👏

take care.