Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
DT Note: Remarks that reflect bigotry or disrespect towards people's religion, nationality, etc. are explicitly against the India-Forums Code of Conduct. Please refrain from posting such remarks.
Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: RadhaHiBawari

I appreciate that you share my feelings about the blasphemy, but you need not insult other religions to make your point. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Thank you

I agree, We can also share our views without insulting any of the other religions, culture and nationality! This is a Mythological forum and I request everyone to respect every religion and maintain the calm environment of the forum! Any religion and culture should not be bashed by any chance... specially here!
Thanks!
bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: namrata1111

i don't feel like watching movies anymore. 

nowadays every movie is making fun of hnduism. 

nobody have the guts to make a song on the 55 yr old prophet who married 5 yr old girl aisha n than molested her when she was 9...n than married his daughter in law. n had slave girls.
reference( qasas-al -ambia)

Please yaar - do not say like this.  Respect of all religions is the most necessary prerequisite for any kind and civilized discussion.  It gives pain to others if you say like this and some people will feel very unwelcome.  It gives pain even to those of our own beliefs, truly.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: namrata1111

[

contradictory statements r found in manusmriti, mahabhrat , purans n other scriptures too.so it is very much clear that this is not a work of one person.

it is clear form the verse which you pointed out.  thanks a lot, i will use it n my reserch.

renowned sanskrit scholars in india, n indian n western indologist too have said the same thing, many verses were added into  ramayan , mahabhrat, purans, manusmriti etc from time to time.

so what we have today is not 100 percent orginal.

bhagwat  was orginally written by veda vyasa ,but 12 th century poets jaideva's brother bhopdeva has had added lot of verses in bhagwat puran...iska proof bhi milta hai  in his book himadri. 
in this book he has written that, when king's minister told  him, that we dont have the time to read the bhagwat puran which you have written , than bhopdeva writes a book himadri which is the esence of bhagwat.

have you read the indecent story of viraja, radha , krishna in golok dhaam in garga samhita  n brhm vaivrt puran?? its  the reason for krishna birth on earth n separation with radha. 

brahma vaivarta puran is extremely vulgar... u should read the full version not the sankshipt, to know about the vulgar verses.

here are some of the vulgar verses form purans related to yogeshwar krishna . 

if you do not trust the translation in this article,than you can check the verses in  any publication you trust.

hinduism is not such a gaya guzra religion that we need such vulagr stories to understand spirituality.

Namrata -

We have crossed swords earlier too, in the DBSK forum. Now based on your last few posts here, I would like to ask you a few questions-

1. What is the point you are trying to make? 
  2. You seem to be mixing up a few unrelated points and trying to stir up a controversy unnecessarily.
  3. You seem to be more interested in digging up some obscure 'sexual content' from our Puranas (which by your own admission, do not figure in recent publications)  rather than highlight on the Bhakti / Spirituality inherent in them.
  4. Most of the time, it seems, you neither read nor understand the members' replies to your posts. 
  5. Your posts too, seem to be extremely one- pointed. You have continually harped  on only one aspect- our scriptures are, according to you,filled with so -called ' vulgar stories'...Why do you want to attract so much attention on the so called 'vulgarity'? What answer are you expecting?
  6.  Despite your claims that you do not want hinduism to be mocked by other religious sects, you seem to be precisely doing that. ...Which forces me to ask you this question- 'Are you really a Hindu?' 

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Namrata-

It is an inevitable and indelible fact that literary works that have withstood the ravages of time for over thousands of years are bound to incorporate changes /additions in them. It is an accepted fact. No one, save you, seem to have a problem with it.

It is but natural that  the Puranas and Mahakaavyas would have undergone many changes. With each transfer (from the narrator to the listener, who in turn narrates to someone else) there are bound to be commissions and omissions. It is an undeniable fact. No one is contesting it. So what is your problem? 

So what if the Srimad Bhagavatham that we are reading today is not 100% original? Heck, even I have made minor changes while narrating the same stories to my children. (My children did not know what a stone mortar was-so I had Yashoda tie Krishna to a big stool. They could visualize a stool better than a stone mortar)

You seem to be searching, with a magnifying glass, for odd descriptions that seem to suggest indecency, rather than appreciate so many other features in the Puranas.

Sorry I am not interested. I can offer perfectly logical explanation, in line with spirituality, for each one of your so called ' vulgar description' - but I doubt you will even understand. You seem to have closed you mind.
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
SahasranamaM thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhakti2

Please yaar - do not say like this.  Respect of all religions is the most necessary prerequisite for any kind and civilized discussion.  It gives pain to others if you say like this and some people will feel very unwelcome.  It gives pain even to those of our own beliefs, truly.

But Bhakti, Sometimes we feel the same as Namrata said. All our film makers and writers take Hindus for granted. In fact, mocking/distorting Hindu believes and culture is a symbol of a pseudo intellectualism.