Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Akshay Kapoor "Alag was a challenge!”

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

< ="" method=post> </>

Akshay Kapoor

"Alag was a challenge!"  

Though his debut venture Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jaao turned a cropper at the box-office, Akshay Kapoor is all set to try his luck once again with Subi Samuel's Alag with a role that he feels has been challenging and defying!

Parag Maniar

Aishwarya Rai
There has been immense buzz around your role in Alag…

Believe me when I say that it was the most challenging role that I have done till date. The whole experience turned out to be different. When Subi and Ashu approached me for the role I was apprehensive. I was wondering if I would be able to carry it. If I would be able to do complete justice to it!

What was it about the character that you completely floored?

The character itself! I mean here was a guy who had not been exposed to the outside world for over eighteen years. He does not know what the world looks like! He has never had any kind of encounter with outside people besides his father. The only thing that he has for company in his room are the books that he has been reading for eighteen years. I found the character of Tejas Rastogi to be very interesting.

Any preparations for the role?

Believe it or not after reading the script I actually stayed in a closed room for 20 days. And I had nothing except books for company. My family used to serve me my two time meal in the room. I found the whole experience to very awakening and exhilarating. Imagine staying in a room for 20 days with no connection with the outside world whatsoever! It helped me to come up with the pattern of behaviour that the character would have in a clamped room. Alag was a challenge in that sense!

How was Dia Mirza as a costar?

Great! She has been the most sweet and cooperative heroine I have worked with.

Were you disappointed by the failure of your debut film?

Which newcomer would not feel bad if his first venture failed at tbe box-office? But I have realsied that failure is an important aspect of life as it makes you value your success. You don't take things for granted. Also it is good to face failure in the initial stages of your career rather than taste success and fail later.

Are you single?

Very much! At present I want to focus on my career rather than get into a relationship.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i know yaar in alag he dont look like the same person man cnt wait to see this film from the promos it looks like its gonna be cool
Kripa_neha thumbnail
yeah I want to see the movie too
it is really alag u r right muqaddasa 😆