Director - Music Director Break Up

Posted: 11 years ago

In K-Town everybody familiar with the word "Chemistry",People often talk about the chemistry between the onscreen leads,but then there are some off screen pairs exists which made a strong impact in the mind of a common film goer. one such bond that is very much essential for a film is the bond between the Director and music director,in fact the songs in the film gives the first impression & always there is a saying called first impression is the best. There are many such Music Director & director combination which gave some evergreen songs but they parted away due to some issues.

Among all these combination one cannot forget the Raja sir & Mani sir combination. Right from Pallavi Anupallavi(1983-Mani sir's first film which had a popular love music which is used by Vishnuvardhan in Sarvam)to Thalapathy(1991) the combination shook the entire South Indian Industry. But as Kamal says "every man has a breaking point" this combination too parted away at a point of time not because of any bitter issue but Mani sir found a musician who has a strong potential as good as Raja sir thy name is AR Rahman ,though people enjoys AR Rahman & Mani sir combination one cannot forget those evergreen songs delivered by the Raja sir and Mani sir.

Similarly among the current generation ,Yuvan shankar Raja & Selvaraghavan made a great impact and produced one of the best album of our times,their combination started with Thulluvatho Illamai(2001) to Aadavari matalaku ardhalu verule(2007-Telugu version directed of Yaradi Nee Mogini),especially the theme music in Pudhupettai,7g Rainbow colony is one of the best in the industry that is ever made.

Goutham menon, one of the few directors who gives so much importance to the songs & his combination with  Harris Jeyaraj delivered one of best romantic albums from Minnale(2000) to Varanam Ayiram (2008)and even in the recent Maatran Audio launch KV Anand literally made a request to Goutham Menon & Harris Jeyaraj to work together.

It doesn't means that without these combination their film's failed to deliver a good album, you may have lot of friends in your life but one cannot forget the days you spent with your old school friend.

By : Rajesekhar
Thanks for sharing brother..break up is common in film industry..
Originally posted by rechus

Thanks for sharing brother..break up is common in film industry..

break up is normal but we r missing a good combo la akka...

Harris and GVM is a powerful combo but now they r seperated... same with Selvaraghavan and u1 combo they r trendsetters..
yeah, ie's true...hope they will undrstand their mistake
Originally posted by rechus

yeah, ie's true...hope they will undrstand their mistake

For giving good music there should be a good understanding between music director and director if not mostly the song won't be good... 😆
The only one i am happy for is Mani Ratnam and Illaiyaraja's break-up. Thanks to that, we had Mani Ratnam having AR Rahman for Roja and everything after that is history 😊
Mani Ilayaraja break up is fine but other break up is not fine 😆
I can't compare Mani-Ilayaraja and Mani-A.R.Rahman combo...Both were awesome...If Mounaragam is one extreme then A.R.Rahman's Roja and others are other extreme...👍🏼

I m unhappy with break up of GVM-Harris combo though we got awesome songs from A.R.Rahman in VTV only after their break up..😉 but ya still can't forget Kaaka Kaaka, vettaiyadu vilayaadu, Minnale songs...😳

Selvaraghavan-Yuvan...their combo had versatile numbers..starting from kuthu numbers in pudhupettai and melody ones in 7G..still refreshing..😃

I wish we get a come back of these combos at least for one time...
Originally posted by Roshini1494

I can't compare Mani-Ilayaraja and Mani-A.R.Rahman combo...Both were awesome...If Mounaragam is one extreme then A.R.Rahman's Roja and others are other extreme...👍🏼

I m unhappy with break up of GVM-Harris combo though we got awesome songs from A.R.Rahman in VTV only after their break up..😉 but ya still can't forget Kaaka Kaaka, vettaiyadu vilayaadu, Minnale songs...😳

Selvaraghavan-Yuvan...their combo had versatile numbers..starting from kuthu numbers in pudhupettai and melody ones in 7G..still refreshing..😃

Thanks Ravi for sharing this article..👏

Roshini well said dear i agree to ur points..
😃

All the songs from these great composers were rocking which made addict for not only me but everyone a crazy fan of all their songs..😉

Originally posted by Roshini1494

Mani ratnam work with ilayaraja i guess for almost a decade mounaragam, agni natchthiram, nayagan, thalapathy songs r all chartbusters then he found A.R.Rahman both the combination with maniratnam is outstanding...

gAUTHAM COMIBINATION WITH HARRIS AND AR RAHMAN is outstanding but harris is the main stregth for guatham menon lets see in neethane en ponvasanthan how gautham take good music from my maestro...

Coming to selvaraghavan he is one of my all time favourite directors in all of his film the song will be brilliant yuvan is the main plus for 3 of his film but i was sad when they seperated but his combination with gv prakash is also good but not as brillaint as yuvan shar raja but still gv and selvaraghavan combo looks great.. Selva is one of the best director who brings out good music from music director... now selvaragahvan team up with harris jayaraj for irandam ulagam..