TB - Gagan Malik

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/12636-i-used-to-play-ram-during-my-childhood-days-gagan-malik.htm

Tellybuzz in talks with Gagan Malik who has been roped in to play Ram in Zee TV's Ramayan…

Zee TV brings back the golden days with the launch of its all new Ramayan series titled as Sabke Jeevan Ka Aadhar - Ramayan. The viewers are eager to know about the actor who will be playing the role of Lord Ram in the show. Gagan Malik who was last seen playing the role of Amar in Star Plus'Navya has been roped in to play Lord Ram in the show. We quizzed Gagan to know more about his character, preparations, journey from a common man to becoming Lord Ram and much more….

How did you get selected to play Ram?

I was selected to play this role after a long process. The audition went on for three months. The first thing they were looking for was the look and then the interaction. They were also looking for the physique whether it is proportionate or not. After taking all these things into account, they looked for the acting skills. When I came into the costume, I saw a shine of satisfaction in the eyes of the judges.

Did you have to do any preparations before playing this role?

I belong to Delhi and we used to have a centre that used to organize Dussehra and other holy events. I would always play the role of Ram and Krishna in those events and I feel that all these have paid off (smiles). After the selection, I have lost weight around 6-7 Kgs. I used to be muscular before this. I need to look lean because Ram went to the forest where it was hard to get food. So, I had to loose weight to get into my character.

You resemble Mahadev of Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev which is played by Mohit Raina. Any comments?

Yes, my Mom has received too many calls saying that Gagan is playing Shiv and she used to deny it. But now she can say with confidence that he is essaying the role of Ram. She is a Ram bhakt and she has read Ramayan more than 200 times and has also written the word Ram around 2 crore times. Now she must be happy that she can see her son in the form of in the serial.

Have you ever read the Ramayan?

No, I haven't read it completely. But I have started reading it now. I know the entire story because I used to listen it from my Mom.

What was the most appealing aspect about Lord Ram?

He was the man who always supported the truth. It is written that, "Sach ka saath do, satya kaho aur satya ke saath chalo, antim vijay hamesha satya ki hi hoti hai" and he believes in having only one wife.

Are you feeling any changes in yourself after playing this role?

After I have got selected to play this role, I am not having non veg. cuisines. It is not that I have taken a pledge against it but I just happen to follow it. I have stopped shouting at other people or at my spot boys. I have become a very calm person.

Edited by vids08 - 11 years ago
nice interview..
its true he some where resembles mohit raina but not completely

gagan is an amazing actor..so all the best wishes to him
the cast is really outstanding ...
thanks 😳 looking forward for the third epi
He resembles Mohit Raina a bit but not all that much...Mohit has a softer face. The only resemblance they share is in physique, and also the nose and eyes, but nothing else.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

He resembles Mohit Raina a bit but not all that much...Mohit has a softer face. The only resemblance they share is in physique, and also the nose and eyes, but nothing else.

yup agreed completely he looks stiff and  bit mature...but anyways i m reserving my judgement ...as in the promo he was looking fantastic and eyes were expressive too