Discussion of the Day: Virtual Flirting - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

Discussion for June 23-25, 2006

Hi Friends πŸ€—

Time for a new Debate πŸ˜ƒ All of us have found wonderful friends on I-F. Aur some even flirt with others πŸ˜‰

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?

What makes it different from real-life flirting?

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy aswell? πŸ˜‰

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? 😊

Incase you're interested in reading comments regarding this...check this out:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/306173

Loads of Love,

I-F Development Team

First reply πŸ˜†

Well, personally I think that flirting, especially if done with someone you do not know well, can get very dangerous. If you say "I love you," they could take it seriously. Online friendship is very good, but flirting... no way. Everything has an extreme, and people can get extremist as well. They could really get possessive or do something wild.

I see, in a chatroom, things like "I love you my sweet," which I know is just like a joke between two people, but it does make me feel strange. Personally, I have never flirted on IF or anywhere else. I mean, I never say I love you, because I feel uncomfortable saying that phrase. Another thing is that what if your family member reads the transcript? They will not believe that it is a joke, will they? So I would tell everyone not to flirt online.

😊
Edited by JinK - 17 years ago
woooo really interesting topic πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†

I dont believe in online love, flirt and all in a serious way.. but for fun.. to enjoy the moment.. its okay to if we are within the limits..

but its like this.. wen we get really close to ppl as friends.. its like this " we are like best friends so sab kuch chal tha hai" πŸ˜› πŸ˜† ..in tht way flirting fr fun is funny.. but faling in love after flirting online i dont believeπŸ˜†

Acceptable if im really close to tht person as a friend.. as i said above.. wid friends everything is okayy..wen we have trust in tht person

i dunnno πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy aswell?
Cud be unhealthy .. coz i don believe online love, marriage.. flirting seriously.. as long as its taken as fun its fun..n healthy

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online?
I guess someone who dont know me wudnt flirt wid me...but i guess i wont talk like tht..we use to block ppl on msn n yahoo also wen strangers add.. so iguess same wud go wen someone adds or flirts online πŸ˜†

I beleive that online flirting is safer than the real one cause in online flirting the person who flirts doesn't know ur real identity and this makes the person feel a bit more secure.

But as jink said, flirting with someone u don't know well is always dangerous and also if some stranger starts flirting with u online, it doesn't feel right

so yea...virtual flirting, though safer, is still not good (except if its a dating site!   πŸ˜† )

Naina

Virtual flirting is okay only if you dont let the person whom you're flirting know about what your real name is, where you live, how you look like in real life...(in short, very, very personal information)
I'm not the type to do such a thing; if someone actually tries to flirt with me then I would try to be as clear as possible that I'm not interested πŸ˜‰
It is spicy....it's just that thrill that you can flirt with this random person without them ever knowing or meeting you but it could also be unhealthy if things do go too far Edited by koolchick - 17 years ago
interesting topic 😊
Ermmm..to a certain extent..yes..i mean u need 2 no what u r doing and yea..it's acceptable 4 me.. πŸ˜›

Hehe..most of the tym 4 me it's jus ppl muckin around with me n stuff..in real-life..as far as i no..a lot of ppl percieve it in different ways πŸ˜•

4 me it's jus a spice to add a bit of fun 2 my chats lol..but err yea..it can def. be unhealthy..i mean u need 2 no when 2 stop and jus internet safety πŸ˜‰

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online?
lol..lyk i said i would take it just as a joke..and well..there's not much chances u'll meet up neway..especially if u both live in 2 totally different places cross the country maybe πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Tina xx

Originally posted by Tumhari_Khushi

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?umm, i think virtual flirting is ok as long as it doesnt get too out of control!

What makes it different from real-life flirting? most of the time you dont know what the other person looks like and it usually doesnt lead to dating or I mean, online dating.πŸ˜†

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy aswell? πŸ˜‰its masala to our bland lives.πŸ˜› - again keeping in mind its not too out of control.

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? 😊 umm, nothing reallyπŸ˜†

nice topic πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?hummmm will say If it is from my friends It's Ok but from strangers not acceptable

The main difference is if u want u can just block the person & make him stop flirting in virtual case πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

It will be spice

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? It's ok if it's from a frind other wise πŸ˜•
flirting online... mmm cant say much about it... but i guess it can be a lil awkward if u dont kno the person on the other end...

but its fun at times... so basically am not completely against it... πŸ˜›
and yeah flirting in a limit shud also be kept in mind... or else wht is the delete contact option for?? πŸ˜‰