Kangana Ranaut: I Pioneered the Size Zero Trend

Posted: 11 years ago
Kangana Ranaut: I Pioneered the Size Zero Trend
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 (EST)
Kangana Ranaut says she is a trendsetter in Bollywood, whether she is recognized as one, or not. Challenging Kareena Kapoor's claim of having pioneered the size zero trend, Kangna says her entry into Bollywood as a skinny youngster made other actresses to aspire for similar body form.
August 13, 2012, (Sawfnews.com) - Kangana Ranaut says she is a trendsetter in Bollywood, whether she is recognized as one, or not. Challenging Kareena Kapoor's claim of having pioneered the size zero trend, Kangna says her entry into Bollywood as a skinny youngster made other actresses to aspire for similar body form. The 25-year-old actress told Box-Office India, "Yes, you could call me a trendsetter because when I made my debut in this industry, everyone was so plump and I was really skinny, and suddenly all these girls started following the size-zero trend. You know, during Gangster, people asked me why I was so skinny and then later, the same people started going size-zero." She also calims her fashion style is being followed by others. "Also, earlier people would wear saris and lehengas to award functions and I started the trend of wearing gowns!" It's the same story with the type of roles that she chose. "Even when I chose roles like the one I did in Fashion, some of the big stars started doing tragedy roles. Before that, people had forgotten these types of roles." "I did Woh Lamhe and I was later offered The Dirty Picture (TDP). I told the makers that I had already done Woh Lamhe, which was very similar to the lead role in TDP. Now I am doing Queen and I know people will soon start following that too." "People tell me, 'Arrey, aapne TWM banayi hai hum bhi waisi film bana rahe hain.' Jaise humne koi baniyaan khareedi hai toh aap bhi waisi baniyaan khareedo." It's weird. (Laughs)" Kangana went on to say she doesn't need to blow her own trumpet. "I am very young and I don't really feel the need to go out there and scream from the rooftops. I can see myself working as an actor for another 15 to 20 years and as a director too. I am at peace with myself. I don't take all the advice that people give me."

She is currently filming for Vikas Bahl's Queen in Paris and says, "The story of the film is about an ordinary girl, who stands up for herself. It's a cute chick flick and my role is really funny."

She's pioneered a lot of men too. Full credit to her
😆

Okay, and your point is? ðŸ˜•

No one cares Kangana lol

Am so glad she didn't do the dirty picture 

She so full of herself. Everyone is trying to copy me blah blah blah. 
Edited by beboholic - 11 years ago
Another bozo who jumps on the bandwagon late
Gangster came in 2006 and she literally was size 0 in it.. So I do believe her.. she was actually anorexic so yeaahh she started it I guess..
Whoa seriously? What's up with these heroines trying to make it seem like it's SO COOL that they started the size-zero trend??

Idiots.

Itni bak bak kyun kar rahi hai 🤪

Hmm...so its you who started this overrated and nonsense phenomenon.
i'm hearing first time she started the trend.i' agree she was skinny but i'm sure she never knew the word SIZE ZERO.its definitely kareena who made this size zero trend so popular now kangana using it like Hot property.low publicity if she screams so i won't believe that.where were you kangana di all these years and do you wanna join in rakhi,poonam,veena and many others list.
startin size zero trend is NOTHING to b proud of...both her n Bebo need to stop spreadin shyt mssg to the society... dat skinny is beautiful & chubby is ugly 🤢