TOI: Was kingmaker at Rajasthan Uni - Anirudh

Posted: 11 years ago

I was the kingmaker at Rajasthan University: Aniruddh

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Aug 14, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Ruk Jaana Nahin|Rajasthan University|Irrfan Khan|Indu Singh|Friends|Aniruddh Dave
I was the kingmaker at Rajasthan University: Aniruddh
Aniruddh DaveMore Pics
Actor Aniruddh Dave, who is currently essaying the role of Indu Singh in the TV serialRuk Jaana Nahin was in his hometown Jaipur. Buying ghewar for his unit members, before leaving for Mumbai, Aniruddh spoke to us about his good old college days at the Rajasthan University, and since the elections campaign are in full gear, the actor couldn't stop but share his memories with us.

"The Rajasthan University Students Union (RUSU) elections is something close to my heart. Today, while I was crossing the University, I was flooded with old memories as I saw the election mahaul," recalled Aniruddh.

After a brief pause, he went on to add that he was actively involved with the elections and the campaigning process in his college. He said, "I was a student of Rajasthan College in Jaipur and a lot of my Friends were contending for different posts in the elections and I used to be a part of their campaigns. In short, I have been part of all the naarebaazi, roaming around in open jeeps and participating in rallies."

Interestingly, Aniruddh also happens to be a good singer. He said, "I was a part of all the cultural activities in college and was actively involved in theatre too. At times, I used to sing in Maharani's College for the girls during the campaigns."

Aniruddh plays the role of a student leader in his show. "I feel I am reliving my old college days. In the serial, I play the role of a strong leader who believes in power and is very active in politics," he said adding that he was the kingmaker in his college. "People used to call me the kingmaker because mein jiske saath bhi hota tha, woh log hamesha jeet jate thay," he said.

Though his character has grey shades in the serial, Aniruddh dismisses being like that in real life. "Unlike my character who is short-tempered and very gunda type, I am simple and practical in real life," he revealed.

But for Aniruddh, it was that one message he received from Irrfan Khan that boosted his confidence. "Irrfan is a great performer. When Irrfan SMSed me praising me for my role in the TV show, I was on cloud nine because even Irrfan has essayed a similar role in his movieHaasil," he signed off.
I love you that much more AD now ๐Ÿ˜
wow nice one...
Thanks for sharing eva
I am officially in love wih you AD>...now
meri nazar to is pic se hat hi nhi rahi
thanks for sharing.AD is a grt singer too.
thanks for sharing ...
I am already mad for AD whatelse?

Thanks for sharing!

AD is it possible to love you anymore than I already do! You are awesome...muuaahh!!!
a gr8 actoer... a gr8 singer...n wt more???๐Ÿ˜›
a gr8 person๐Ÿ‘...a gr8 actor๐Ÿ‘...a gr8 singer๐Ÿ‘...n wt more AD???๐Ÿ˜›