::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Ramayan is a 2012  mythological series that started airing on Zee TV on 12 August 2012 at 11:00am every Sunday.[1] It is a remake of the commercially successful 2008 series of Ramayan.

Ramayan is a timeless classic based on Valmiki's ancient epic and Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas. Tracing the journey of Lord Rama through the trials and tribulations of his iconic life, Ramayan shows viewers a way of life ; it is rich in the core values, ideals and principles that form the crux of Indian culture and upbringing. Centuries after the original epic was first written, its relevance in contemporary times remains unquestioned.

The characters Rama, Sita, Lakshman, Bharat, Hanuman and Ravan are all fundamental to the cultural consciousness of India. The show, like the religious epic it is based on, explores the subtleties of the delicate relationships within one's family, portraying model characters like the ideal father, king, servant, brother and wife.
Cast

• Rishabh Shukla as King Dashratha
  • Neelima Parandekar as Queen Kaushalya
  • Shikha Swaroop as Queen Kaikeyi
  • Gagan Malik as Rama
  • Neil Bhatt as Lakshmana
  • Neha Sargam as Sita
  • Manav Sohal(Arvind Sohal) as Guru VasishtProductionProduction Head (Baroda)- Govind Jogal, Rajesh Mishra
  • Production Head (Mumbai)- Dipesh Upadhyay
  • Creation Head- Trivendra Singh
  • Associate Creative Head- Neha Bharadwaj, Bhanu M. Dhuraiya
  • Head of Operation- Vijay Pujari, Oydsteven Gomez
  • Executive Producer (Zee TV)- Rishi Srivastav
  • Creative Supervision (Zee TV)- Vanita Jain, Vinod Rao
  • O.A.P Head (Zee TV)- Shakeel Memon
  • O.A.P Team (Zee TV)- Manish Jaitley, Inderjeet Deol, Shubrato Sengupta
  • Creative Director- Amrit Sagar, Akash Sagar
  • Research/Story Development- Vijay Pandit, Umesh Upadhyay
  • Screenplay- Ram Sadekar
  • Dialogues- Raghuvir Shekhawat
  • Cinematographer- Deepak Malvankar
  • Visual Effects- Mozek Arts & Entertaiment
  • Editor- Santosh Singh, Munna Prajapati
  • Online Editor- Nikhil Jadhav, Bhoj Kathayat
  • Sound Editing- E. Rudra
  • Art Director- Suresh Ladani, Sanjay Yadav
  • Costumes- Sheela Sagar
  • Associate Costumes- Dipti Sutaar
  • Casting Director- Vinod Pawar

Music

Ravindra Jain, who previously directed the music for the original 1987-1988 series and also the 2008 series will reprise his role as music director. Background Music is provided by Sunny Bawra,Inder Bawra (Bawra Bros).

Songs

• Vishnu Stuti - Jai Jai Sur Nayak- picturised on homage to Shri Vishnu by other demigods.
  • Sang na Haathi Ghoda - Maharaja Maharani - Samrit sa Shudh- picturised on King Dashratha.
  • Bhay Pragat Kripala- picturised on Queen Kaushalya and Shri Vishnu before his birth as Ram.
  • Jaage Jaage Bhaagya Humaare- picturised on the celebrations of King Dashrath's four sons.

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
It was ok ok for me 🤔 second half of the pisode was better than the first..i liked the ppl who play kaikayi and kaushalya..but sumitra 😕
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ok did you watch the episode preeti?Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yup..I did...no comments on the 1st episode 
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Umm...well Ramayan is ramayan. People watch it as its related to their religion or to know the stories. But I hav to say the first reaction I had by watching zee tv's Ramayan was 'ehh...' then I started comparing it to DKDM and NDTV's Ramayan.😆
Didn't impress me that much. Let's see how authentic stories they put up.😕😆
lakshmikumr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: samana17

Umm...well Ramayan is ramayan. People watch it as its related to their religion or to know the stories. But I hav to say the first reaction I had by watching zee tv's Ramayan was 'ehh...' then I started comparing it to DKDM and NDTV's Ramayan.😆

Didn't impress me that much. Let's see how authentic stories they put up.😕😆

Me 2 i 2 felt 'ehhh'  and not impressed.
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i watched the first 5 mins of the episode and wasnt impressed at all-it looked like a really shabby low budget mytho!!
like eeekkksss!!!!the previous two versions were BRILLIANT in production quality...this looks absolutely shabby!!!..*no offence meant*
i had said in the DKDM thread-it looked like they put everything together in a tearing hurry!!!
all in all disappointing,ive seen the first two Ramayans and they were really good!!!
so after two good versions this one is disappointing!
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lakshmikumr

Me 2 i 2 felt 'ehhh'  and not impressed.

Yup! Don't know why they took such a big risk!ConfusedConfused

And umm the story was a bit too rushed na?
Edited by samana17 - 11 years ago
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So, I disliked this show, but not for the reasons most people are pointing out. My peeve was how Vishnu rested his left hand on his head. In the paintings, or even in the shows, it's shown so gracefully. But this time, the actor's palm was in such a mudra that it seemed he was trying to hold up his mukut! What the heck? Anyone here a south Indian classical dancer? You guys know the pose to show ksheer sagar Vishnu right? The left arm is kept pataka right?

Maybe he should just sit up and keep his left hand around his gadda, like Saurabh Jain in DKDM. This just seems awkward and ungraceful. And plus, this actor is kind of out of shape. That shouldn't matter at all if he turns out to be a great actor, but still.

But other than that, I will keep an open mind about this show. It doesn't seem so much of a disappointment. The Rajmatas were so perfectly cast. Kausalya had that soft motherly look to her, and I can definitely see Kekeyi becoming a negative character later on. She has that look or essence about her.

The major selling point in this show, however, was the wardrobe. I think whoever did the costume designing was a genius! This show just might have the best outfits out of all the new generation mytho shows! Even DKDM, which I love beyond anything, went the wrong direction in outfits. Nowadays, the women are so scantily dressed: Revathy, Khyati and Aditi in DKDM(Sati's outfit improved after she was married); Radha in JSK (the gopikas were more covered up than her); almost all the ladies of DBSK; even Sita in her initial episodes of ASR. But this time, the more traditional route was taken in that all the women wore traditional sarees. Plus, the fabrics, especially Kausalya's white piece with the gold gota embroidery were fabulous!

I am definitely going to give this show a chance. It at least deserves that. Instead of boycotting and outright declining to watch, we should see it first, and then be the judge. It's not going to make you any less of a fan of whichever Ram you prefer.

Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 11 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@aishu : i swear!his hand was so freaking annoying!it was the first thing i judged the show on 😳 i couldn't really concentrate on anything else BECAUSE of his hand.and also well,umm his  not-so-toned body 😛 i kept saying-they should have brought in saurabh jain here too! 😆 coz i relaly like him as vishnu in DKDM.
Second thing,i didn't really like the actor who plays Dasharath during the first half of the episode.second half,he was well,pretty good.But i disliked the lady who plays sumitra. 🤔 choice of actors to play kaushalya and kaikayee,i really liked.specially kaikayee 😃 even manthara.
The set-pretty good.Some shots looked really fresh.But for some reason some shots reminded me of the DharamVeer set 😛(sagar arts show aired on imagien tv in 2008 starring Rajat,Vikrant and Mugdha) they looked quite similar.
The music-some familiar hymns and tunes,the ones i have always loved 
The costume-epic! <3 defo! 😍
Precap-the kid looked really cute!