Posted: 11 years ago
Welcome To The Article Archives Section Of LMYAM Forum

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Donot Make Any Comment

Thank You
Edited by gaurav_fan - 11 years ago
Shaadi ka laddoo! 

Love marriage vs Arranged marriage is one debate that can go on and on in India.Everybody has an opinion on the subject and Sony Entertainment Networks new fiction show Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage takes this argument one step ahead.Its the story of two best friends Manasi (Samaira Rao) and Shivani (Rishika Mihani),the principle protagonists who are polar opposites in their attitudes and beliefs and have a definite point of view on the subject.Channel head N P Singh said,This show has an extremely relatable theme and identifiable characters.We are sure that audience will love it. Set against the backdrop of modern day Udaipur,the show highlights the pros and cons of both schools of thought through the lives of these two young women.Conservative by nature,Mansi maintains that she will marry the man that her parents choose for her.She feels that marriage is not just the union of two people but unison between two families who abide by the same values and beliefs.She thoroughly believes in and loves the idea of an arranged marriage.Shivani on the other hand,is the antithesis of Mansi.Carefree and aggressive,boys look up to her as their buddy.She desires a picture perfect romance where her prince shall come and sweep her off her feet.
The cast also includes Ashish Kappor from Dekha Ek Khwab fame and Himanshu Malhotra along with veteran actors like Raju Kher,Jyoti Gauba,Harsh Khuranna and Puneet Tejwani amongst others.
Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage starts today and every Monday to Thursday at 8.30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

Samaira Rao and Rishika Mihani in Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage 

'Dekha Ek Khwaab' goes off air but Ashish Kapoor stays on

'Dekha Ek Khwaab' goes off air but Ashish Kapoor stays on
Tweet
comments 0

Fans of the dishy actor need not worry – he's back on the same time slot

When we heard Dekha Ek Khwaab is going to end, we asked you if the show should continue. An overwhelming 87 percent of you said 'yes'! Sadly, DEK did end, but all is not lost. The royal family drama has been replaced by Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage. So what? Here's the good news: Ashish Kapoor, who played Udayveer in DEK, stars in the new show too!

LMYAM is about Mansi and Shivani who, as the title suggests, have opposing views about marriage even though they are very close friends. Shivani supports love marriage. As the story progresses, she'll meet Sahil, played by Ashish. Isn't that great? The handsome actor won all our hearts with his portrayal of Udayveer, the bad-turned-good-turned-bad-turned-good prince. And now we'll get to watch him in a new avatar in the same time slot!

Though we would love to watch him on screen again, wethink it's best for him if he doesn't feature in the first episode of LMYAM. For a year, he's been associated with the character of Udayveer, a guy who promised his love to Maanyata on DEK's last episode that aired on Thursday (August 2). Don't you think it will be tough for his regular viewers to watch him romance Shivani as the middle-class guy Sahil from today (August 6)? That's the bane of being a television star. A couple of weeks, or even a month at best, would be a good idea. We don't want him to stay away for too long either!

Rishika Mihani celebrating her mom's birthday in Mahabaleshwar

Rishika Mihani celebrating her mom's birthday in Mahabaleshwar

Rishika Mihani is a caring daughter who is making her mom's birthday extra special

Rishika Mihani who plays Shivani Sahil Sisodiya in Sony TV's Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriageis with her sister Muskaan to celebrate her mother Jyoti Mihani's birthday. Rishika who has been working very hard had requested for a four day leave so that she could take her mom to Goa to celebrate her birthday. However as she got a leave for just two days she decided to go to Mahabaleshwar instead. 

She told india-forums.com, "My mom loves nature and the mountains. Therefore Mahabaleshwar is the perfect place for her to spend her birthday." 

When we called Rishika she was at the Mahabaleshwar market place with her mother and sister.  Jyotiji loves an Indian bazaar with a rustic flavor. Instead of shopping in an air-conditioned city mall, she chose to shop in the colourful open air bazaar simultaneously enjoying the cool morning mountain air. 

Jyotiji who has a very spiritual bent of mind, will be visiting two temples of Mahabaleshwar which is also renowned for being an important pilgrimage site.  They will also take a leisurely walk in its gorgeous strawberry farms.  

Regarding her mom Rishika says, "She is the best mom in the whole world, a great cook and my best friend. She is always there for us and I can share all my problems with her."

We wish Jyotiji a very happy birthday. Let the Mihani family have a relaxing holiday in Mahabaleshwar.

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

Was expecting much more from 'Love Marriage...': Rishika Mihani

Was expecting much more from 'Love Marriage...': Rishika Mihani

Television actress Rishika Mihani, who plays Shivani in "Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage" isn't happy with the way the show is shaping up and is eagerly waiting for it to get back to the original track.

rishika mihani

Television actress Rishika Mihani, who plays Shivani in "Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage" isn't happy with the way the show is shaping up and is eagerly waiting for it to get back to the original track.

"The show started nicely and the hoardings and all looked very interesting. But now the story line has completely been changed. I am hoping that it changes back and the whole debate of arranged marriage versus love marriage should come out. I was expecting much more from the show," Rishika told IANS.

"I can't see any similarities to the hoardings and the promos shown earlier. The story was exciting but now three to four writers have changed," she added.

Last seen in "Beend Banoongaa Ghodi Chadhunga", Rishika says she is looking forward to playing a role, which is remembered by the audience for long.

"I want to do good roles which are realistic and people can relate to. Nowadays people don't relate to innocent bahus (daughters-in-law), who are nice to everyone even though they are not treated well at home. So I don't want to do those kind of roles," she said.

"I want to do a role which will be remembered and I have no hang ups in being remembered by my character name," she added.

The actress is dating Ameya Malandkar, who is in construction business and the couple plans to tie the knot by the end of next year. Rishika says she always wanted to have a love marriage in real life.

"I would never be able to go for an arranged marriage. I know the world is all about I, me and myself and it's better to make it clear from the beginning. In an arranged marriage you hardly know the person," she said.

Unlike other television actors, Rishika has no plans to venture into films and wants to focus on small screen only.

"I did get an offer in a film, but right now I want to focus on television. I don't want to waste my time, trying my hand at different things," she said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13590-was-expecting-much-more-from-love-marriage-rishika-mihani.htm