Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: chatpati900

Yes, she could act but only in a very specific type of role (simple, traditional, sweet girl). Other than that, she never went outside her comfort zone and even though she did star in some major movies, her roles (except for maybe Armaan) never required any major acting skills from her. Her talent had very limited scope and I think her biggest drawback was her inability to look glamorous (which is probably even more important than talent in Bollywood). It's the only reason Katrina, Sonam and the likes were able to become more popular than Gracy.

For some reason she reminds of Kajol, they both have a very traditional Indian look to them but that doesn't mean they can't look glamorous. Anyone can look glamorous these days, Konkona wasn't taken seriously at the start but she starred in many good films lately. Gracy had sufficient screen presence in Lagaan and Munnabhai, and I feel she would have grown as an actress if she appeared in better films with big banners. Sadly she only did small films that were unheard of her after such successes. Katrina and Sonam appeared only in big banner movies through the years, and they still lack the abilities to pull off a performance-oriented role. An actress like Gracy would have grown faster, given she has shown immense potentional in her early films.
she was great in gangajaal and the climax in munnabhai where she takes on her father was amazing...i liked her, sure she wasn't a big deal but yet sustainable, come on everyone can't make history 
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
She's the Dinky of Amaanat. Films happened by accident. She does not have the X-factor expected out of bollywood stars. So she should go back to being Dinky in soaps rather than do these pathetic C grade films. At least, she would still maintain her dignity that way. 
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
script selection most important after Lagaan no film give her boost all are just time pass MBBS no one remember her
lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I guess the timing was bad.

If she was premiering now, maybe she would have had better luck.

She's still young, but unfortunately, directors consider any actress over 30 as buddhas. I doubt she's going to get much attention after this 
Supari_khala thumbnail
She can't be 32? Amaanat premiered in 1997. So does that mean she was 17 then? She looked way older than 17 to me. ðŸ¤”
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Dexterkichokri.

She can't be 32? Amaanat premiered in 1997. So does that mean she was 17 then? She looked way older than 17 to me. ðŸ¤”

Hayein! Tumhein bada pata hai, Dexy! And I thought someone said they weren't interested in soaps. 😉

All the Dinkies and the oh-so-indispensable knowledge of soaps and what not is coming up on the surface. 😆
Supari_khala thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

Hayein! Tumhein bada pata hai, Dexy! And I thought someone said they weren't interested in soaps. 😉

All the Dinkies and the oh-so-indispensable knowledge of soaps and what not is coming up on the surface. 😆

I know all about the 90s/early 2000 soaps...Hip Hip Hurray, Rishtey, Hasratein, Amanat, Saas etc. So speak for your self.😎I just stopped watching soaps when I turned 15. Grew a brain, you see. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Edited by Dexterkichokri. - 11 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Dexterkichokri.

I know all about the 90s/early 2000 soaps...Hip Hip Hurray, Rishtey, Hasratein, Amanat, Saas etc. So speak for your self.😎I just stopped watching soaps when I turned 15. Grew a brain, you see. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Dexy maate! Aap mahaan hain. Jai ho, Dexy maate ki!!!  😆

Do you remember Sanskruti on Star Plus? 😃 Oh, btw, I didn't miss a single HHH episode. Ain't I cool? 😎
Supari_khala thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

Dexy maate! Aap mahaan hain. Jai ho, Dexy maate ki!!!  😆

Do you remember Sanskruti on Star Plus? 😃 Oh, btw, I didn't miss a single HHH episode. Ain't I cool? 😎

Sanskruti is not ringing a bell...what was it about and when did it air? Hold on...was that the one where the father marries two woman and leaves them confused about the will. So the kids have to live together under the same roof?