Has love ever struck you romantic lot? :D

Posted: 11 years ago
As you might have guessed, this thread is not related to the show, but to its viewers -> Us ๐Ÿ˜›

Firstly
I had to ask...have you ever been in Indu Singh's shoes yourselves? (Kinda tough to imagine that๐Ÿ˜†) 
or 
in Sanchi's shoes for that matter? (Hmmm๐Ÿค”)What were your thoughts on the matter if you were in her shoes -> why DIDN't you like the guy pursuing you (Please don't give us reasons like he didn't wear kurtas and/or spew stylish dialogues๐Ÿ˜†)
Or maybe a friend you know of has gone through it...๐Ÿ˜Š

Secondly
By the way, has love struck you yet? Or are you still waiting for that elusive prince/tapori charming..(or in the case of Amit, princess ๐Ÿ˜†)
If you have been/are in love how did your story go about... please feel free to romanticize it as far as you could for us romance-deprived INSA fans (apart from romance novels - that's the only glimpses outside of our own lives, that we'd have to go on!)
If an arranged marriage, how did you meet your fiancee...how was it after that...how is it now?
If you have nothing to add, do enlighten us on even the teeniest of crushes you might have had...  (and if you haven't even experienced this๐Ÿ˜ณ, then you seriously need to come to the likes of namz or me for some serious telling-off!)

I know its a personal thread... but I had this experience in another forum... after a few months of the show and a handful of members starting to become quite comfortable with each other, sharing such light-hearted personal experiences really turned out to be a lot of fun... and helped us bond too... I'm sure it'll be the same here... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
so please consider this like a hangout/chat thread...

I only meant this thread to be a platform to bring forth one's personal experiences in good spirit - not to be nosy/hurt anyone's feelings...so if you chose to stay away from here due to personal reasons, totally understand it guys/gals... ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by lashy - 11 years ago
Awesome post Shraddha! I shared my crazy storey before of a guy harassing me to no end so won't repeat that. But I was introduced to my hubby and then there was no looking back. It was a dream come true when my tall, dark and handsome hubby got down on his knees and asked me to marry him! I am getting all mushy here :)...i have been happily married for 7yrs legally but 6yrs traditionally...lol...i tell my hubby 7+6=13yrs...hehehe...i know I am such a brat ;)
Nice topic!

Lol to start off I have to say no and thank God I have never been in Indu's shoes! And I don't know anyone personally who have ever loved as madly as Indu does.

Again no thankfully I have never been in Sanchi's situation either. During school and uni days a couple of boys who were close friends hinted that they wanted more in terms of our friendship, but more often than not they took no for answer in a graceful and dignified manner. Mind you none of them ever publicly or privately came right out there and said they loved or really, really liked me. Rather they hinted or in a roundabout way questioned what I would do if they did, and when they realized I didn't see them in a romantic sense, they backed off.
Even now recently I had a work colleague sort of suggest that just me and him should meet up more often, as opposed to our usual group. I told him that would be nice but I preferred the company of all my friends when going out, and he got the hint, that I wasn't interested in him.

Also again bizarrely I have friends who have had boys go latoo over them, but no where near the extent Indu has for Sanchi, but oddly my bro and a quite a few of my cousin brothers have had stalkers!
Lol God only knows why, but half the female population at my bro's school were mad over him! One girl was majorly obsessed and once after she saw my sister shopping with in town, with him went full on psycho. You see, she never realized how my sister was related to my bro, and assumed the worst. That crazy girl cornered my sister when my bro wasn't there and threatened to knock her teeth out, if she ever saw her near my bro again!

Needless to say this was the straw that broke the camel's back for my brother, and he saw red when he found out. I think he publicly slammed that girl and threatened to tell her folks about her antics unless she backed off, which she did.

Again one of cousin brothers used to have a gaggle of girls stalk him home after school. He used to try everything to get rid of them, such as running in random shops to lose them, but he could never shake them off! The crazy thing was that the girls actually lived on the other side of town, so they must have taken at least 2 and half hrs for them to get home after following him!

Sigh now I don't know whether I am one of the luck ones or not here seeing what love does to people but cupids arrow has not stuck me yet! I'm still waiting for my Prince Charming to enter my life (lol if AD is reading this, he should know that I'll be more than happy for him to make an entry!)
Again don't attack me, but I've never had a real crush on anyone! I mean I've daydreamed over celabs but that's about it. I have liked boys I've studied with in the past but it was nothing serious. I think I'm too lazy to fall in love and maintain a relationship! This constant texting, calling, e-mailing, and meeting up would drive me mad! Geez I need to think of my phone bill!

Edited by suki11 - 11 years ago
OMG Suki, you are hilarious! worried about your phone bil...lmao
Do what i used to do demurely suggest girls appreciate when boys call...i know i am bad but come on, a little fun never hurt anyone. I had the hugest crush on my friends elder brother, oh boy, he teases me till this day! i still blush and get embarrassed...lol... which is rare! 

Shraddha's writing is an exception..lolEdited by Namita.Murti - 11 years ago
Awesome post Shraddha!!
Luckily i havent been in Indu or Sanchi's shoes, yet..
but yes imm waiting for that day when my prince walks through the door and proposes to meโ˜บ๏ธ but im still a baby myself..i have a long way ahead of my life until then i'll keep dreaming๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by faayey - 11 years ago
Rofl Namz your too funny! Lol but still I think like Sanchi I'm wired all wrong when it comes to romance! It just seems all too painfully time-consuming for me! I just know that I'm not the type to whisper sweet nothings over the phone or in person! Lol you know the typical scenario of 'you hang up, no you hang up' lovers have over the phone? Well I'll be the one going 'Ok' and cutting the call as soon as my guy asks me too!

Plus I'll be awful when it comes to meeting up too. I see my friends and family moan and groan about how little they see their partners, but me on the otherhand, well I don't think I'll mind if I don't see my guy for weeks on end! Rofl my best friend is always screwing at me as we sometimes go months without seeing each other! Heck even my own family nag me over the fact that I don't spend enough time with them, and I actually live them!

Rofl I just realized that I'm making myself sound like a real stone-cold shrew, but I swear I'm not!
good post Lashy ...

Yes , I have been in sanchi s shoes when I was in class 9th. That guy was mental and it went on for Four years .

BTW he was not like Indu .. he was a total mental case ... I am serious
Edited by rashsharma40 - 11 years ago
Suki, you sound a lot like me. I am half crazy and have the licence to drive as welll...thats what my friends say...lol...honest, I have never done the stupid, you hang up thing either..lol... My hubby and I are quite unique in the sense, we both like our space. I would go mental if he was in my space or with me 24/7. I am very independent, I do my stuff and he prefers to work...yep he is married to his work..lol! I don't mind as long as we are able to spend quality time, I don't care for quantity! I have had lots of proposals but I just refused as I was after something specific! I am a go getter, what I want is what I get. I guess my hubby fit the bill perfectly! Don't settle for just anything, coz girls you deserve the best!. That's one rule I abide by and it has worked wonders for me! Edited by Namita.Murti - 11 years ago
I guess when it comes to love ... destiny plays a important role .

๐Ÿ˜” When I was a teenager I never use to believe in destiny but now ... yes i do .

I totally agree with Rashmi. Destiny plays its role in love.

If I just let my fate govern me, i never would have fallen in love the way I have. I too waited for my Prince Charming to come and pick me and together we ride away to glory or eternal love. Woh to sapna hi rah gaya !!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I had a crush on my class-mate in times when there were rules laid out that boys and girls will not talk to each other. ๐Ÿ˜† This stupid rule was started by boys themselves and our teachers didn't even know that. This was when I was 13. ๐Ÿ˜† I knew I had 0 chance owing to "not that impressive personality" in any manner, but because I am a happy person inside out with clarity of mind, not afraid to speak up my mind or stand up to what I knew as true, I guess I did have some social standing in the competitive class. I was friend to both the toppers and the bank benchers in equal capacity and later I did realize that I did have some social standing even from the boy's perspective. Nevertheless it was never gonna be anything. It was just the hormones and I had the pleasure of knowing my first crush.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Then while doing MBA, I fell in love with my senior. It was quite a strong emotion. It was my first love. Quite the butterflies in my stomach kind. However my rational mind would not stop me seeing from all the points that would make it unsuccessful effort. What swept me off my feet actually also became my undoing. I liked being swept away and yet I did not like being swept away. This feeling was what made me just live in love, not rush it to any next levels, nurturing and one day ended it. The guy was not that forthright as me. I must say I am very straight and can put the guys in tight spot. Instead of playing the Venusian, I may end up acting like the Martian. So may be the guy's interest remained in confused state whether to go for it or not. But me is me. Its God given gift for me that my heart and head have a nice blend. They can never hurt each other. And invariably they have taken care of each other. So was it my heart which made the decision or was it the head, I don't know, but I felt nice that I ended it before it became stupid and even to this date I like the pristine state of my affection towards my first love. This is where love showed me what compassion is. And also understood the feeling of wanting to give anything for love.

Then I had a marriage - arranged one. Extremely short lived. I just knew it that there was no love, and that the effort to keep the marriage was not worth it. The guy made it diffcult even for the strong and resilient person like me to take it easy. The decision to get out of the marriage had its toll on my family...the divorce and all was painful. Since we are discussing love, I don't want to discuss in detail, but imp thing is to know that more than anything, I wanted to rediscover myself. Completely being alone and in loveless state. I had no affection even for my parents and sibs. There was so much anger in me, it had to subside...

Anyways, after that phase as time healed me and I attained normalcy, I started having these determined feelings within me that I wanted another chance at a relationship where I will keep it, stay in it and not decide to come out even if it was challenging enough. And in this state I found my second love, whom I got married to after 3 years of knowing and sort of distant relationship to me. You can safely say, I may have been obsessively in love to continue like that, crazy to dare to think that it will work out in any imaginable manner. Yeah it was a crazy notion. My only friends being my mom and my sister, whom I could trust with my heart's condition. It had its moments of love, fantasy, romance, obsession, determination...finally I ended up in marrying my second love. I will call this one as another level of realizing love. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But all of this just makes me say...love can end in marriage or cannot end in marriage. Its our choice. Marriage brings in lot of compromises. And spouses who keep love and romance alive in their marriage are truly fortunate souls. Not everyone is that fortunate.

My ending note would Love is precious. Har kisi ko ek baar pyaar zaroor hona chahiye. It is a trip to our own heart.