Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Murder in Retrospect.Last Chp P139,140 Feb13

FantasyFan_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Disclaimer: This story is completely inspired from Agatha Christie's The Sleeping Murder, also called as Murder in Retrospect. While I would be changing the characters and setting of the story from early 20th century England to 21st century India, the central plot and few main events of the story will remain unchanged. I would also be doing a lot of changes to the characters, to make them fit with Abhiya and other PKYEK characters, but still the main story idea remains Agatha Christie's. 

Edited by ..dishu.. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FantasyFan_8 thumbnail
Character Sketch

Abhay Raichand - a 24 year old guy. a young achiever who  was North Indian regional manager for a leading multinational company, currently living in Delhi. Has now been promoted as the new country Head and so has to move to Mumbai within a month. 
Pia Raichand - 21 years old. Married her childhood buddy Abhay Raichand. is a home maker. 

Guys both Abhay and Pia are orphans but left with a considerable wealth by their parents. They both have grown up in hostels. While Abhay spent his vacations with his guardians, Pia spent her vacations alternating between her 2 maternal aunts one of whom was also Abhay's guardian and so that's how Abhay and Pia know each other from childhood. 

Chand and Haseena Raichand - Abhay's parents who died when he was only 5 years old but were very well to do and so left all their fortune for Abhay and left him in care of their best friends Arnab and Madhu Dobriyal.

Danish and Panchi Rathod - Pia's dead parents. Panchi died giving birth to Pia while Danish dies when Pia was 3 years old. He sent her off to her maternal aunts before dying. 

Arnab and Madhu Dobriyal - Abhay's Guardians. Madhu is also Pia's maternal aunt. They live in Lucknow

Misha Dobriyal - Arnab and Madhu's daughter. Is a child psychologist. Married to Kabir Thakur who is also Abhay's best friend. Lives in Mumbai. 

Gaurav and Dippanita Khurana - Dippanita is Pia's other matenal aunt. They live in Chandigarh

Jeh Khurana - Gaurav and Dippanita's son. Is married to Tanushree aka T who is a socialite. They live in Mumbai.

Alina Khurana - Jeh's sister getting married to Abhay's college friend Siddharth Malhotra and moving to Mumbai.

Other characters will be introduced as and when needed. Please note, that these characters have been mentioned just to explain the relationships. They may or may not have any significant part in the story. 
FantasyFan_8 thumbnail
Chapter 1

Pia: Abhay, This is just not fair.

Abhay: Pia, do you think I like it any more than you? Siddhartha is my closest buddy after Kabir. He is going to kill me for not attending his wedding. But what to do honey, you know there is only one month left and I have to do handover so many responsibilities to the new guy. There is no way I can take leave right now especially so soon. I already took a month off for our marriage last month. And so, as much as I hate it, you will have to go alone to the wedding.

Pia: I don't want to go Abhay.

Abhay: Pia, Alina is your cousin and a good friend too. You owe it to Dippanita aunty for taking care of you all these years.

Pia: Fine, I get it that I have to go and attend the wedding, but why do I have to stay on there? Why can't I just come back and we look for a home together when you have to finally move.

Abhay: Pia, we have already discussed it so many times. I would hardly get time to look for a home when I join there. You know how tight my work schedule is here. And it is only going to increase when I join there. And that's why I want you to stay on there and look for a house and buy the one you like best. This way you will also get time to furnish it according to your taste.

"Why don't you clearly say that you just want to escape from all work and make me do all the work?" Pia said while showing fake anger to him.

"My wife is so smart", said Abhay while hugging Pia from back and nuzzling in her neck, but Pia pulled apart and pouted while saying, "What makes you think that you can get away like this?"

Abhay pulled her in his arms again this time holding her by her waist and facing her and replied in his husky voice: Because I know that my wife would love that when her husband joins her after a month, then he should have a nice comfortable warm home of his own to live and a nice, warm, cozy bed to make sweet passionate love to his beautiful wife. 😉

Abhay's voice and closeness was making Pia go weak in her knees and she blushed at his remark. After all they have been married for just a month now. Pia whispered in a shaky voice: Abhay!!But he placed his finger on her lips and said"Sshh.. Pia, we are not going to see each other for a month now. You will leave for Mumbai tomorrow. So, let's not fight tonight and instead let's give each other sweet memories to cherish and pull both of us through this one month. Just because I am more practical of the two of us does not mean I am going to miss you any less." With that he pulled to Pia to their bed and they spent the rest of the night loving each other.

The next morning, Abhay dropped Pia off at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, from where Pia took her flight and reached Mumbai. She was received by her cousin cum best friend Misha and her husband Kabir. They reached Misha and Kabir's house after an hour of drive and Pia was seeing around the city of Mumbai for the first time. She had studied in hostels in Dehradun and Delhi throughout her school and college and had spent her vacations alternating between Lucknow and Chandigarh staying with her two aunts and cousins. This was her first visit to Mumbai, a city where all her cousins were now settled and so this was the city where Abhay and Pia had decided to build their own home too. Abhay's office was in the upcoming business hub in Navi Mumbai and so they wanted to buy a sea facing house in Navi Mumbai only. They were driving on the Palm Beach Road when Pia's eyes fell on a house almost hidden behind coconut trees. The house seemed to be existing there for quite sometime and Pia could not help but feel a feeling of home looking at it. She asked Kabir to stop the car and she stepped down to take a close look at the house. The closer she got to the house, she felt a pull towards the house. As soon as she reached the door step, Misha pulled her back and shouted:

Oye, we can start house hunting after 3 days. First let's get over with Alina's wedding. There's so much work left to do at the party hall. Let's go there first.

Pia reluctantly started to move, but before moving she did notice a sign placed on the door of the house which said "Available For Sale/Rent" The sign surely brought a smile to Pia's face. Maybe she will end up buying this house only. 

send buddy request to dishuFF to get PMs 😳 
Divya6696 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

I was actually on Mobile when I saw this topic of yours.. I was just waiting for you to edit the title (as you said you would) and so that I could reserve..! Lucky me that no one was around at that time and I could be the First one..!😆

-|| EDITED ||-

WOW WOW WOW Dishu..!!!🤗🤗 Another Masterpiece..!!!⭐️

So.. I am the first one to comment on this FF of yours..!! I had always wanted to be the first one for atleast one update of yours.. and here I am.. the first one to comment on the FF..!!!😳
"Murder of Retrospect".. A very intriguing title.. Enough to keep me glued to this story..!😳😳

I have no Idea about the Original Story.. Agatha Christie's "The Sleeping Murder".. So I am very much new to this..😊

Coming to the Character Sketch..
Very different indeed..! Completely different Relationships..
Abhiya are already married.. sweet..!😳

Coming to the first Chapter..
It was really good..!👏
Abhiya shifting their base from Delhi to Mumbai.. I found the Abhiya fake fight really cute..😆

The [😉] at the end of the paragraph made way for a stupid smile on my face..!😆 

So.. Piya in Mumbai for Alina's Wedding.. and Abhay joining her after a month..!😔 Piya will be missing him na..?

Why was there a special mention about the house..?😕 I mean.. I just have some fear deep down in my heart about the house and I am scared..!
I actually shiver reading the title..!

Thanks for the PM..😊 And by the way.. who do you think would not want to be PMed about such a brilliant story..??😳

Love you for this FF and I am sure you'll pull it off amazingly well..!!🤗🤗

Edited by Divya6696 - 11 years ago
.SmokeySilence. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
EDITED

Lovely start Dishu. I cant wait to read it because Im already loving the book. You have put the characters of the book according to PKYEK characters really well. I cant wait to see Abhay as Miss Marple 🤣
I will finish the book soon and thanks for adding lovely abhiya moments. it was so cute. continue soon please and congratz for the new FF 🤗
Edited by Phoenix.Xeelan - 11 years ago
--geny-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow dishu..jaldi jaldi...love u for this..yayyy...
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Interesting start Dishu n CS is definitely rocking 👏 So Pia will end up buying that house and Abhiya will move in quickly? 😊 Cool 😃 Waiting to read more. I guess the next update will be Alina's wedding na? 😃

Edited by mandy1024 - 11 years ago
TeDylove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dishu waiting to know more...😛